bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need Account Help?  Email bibletruths.forum@gmail.com   

Forgotten password reminders does not work. Contact the email above and state what you want your password changed to. (it must be at least 8 characters)

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: how most Christians view life & death  (Read 4784 times)

indianabob

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
how most Christians view life & death
« on: December 31, 2013, 02:43:48 PM »

This is a short video of how most Christians view life and death and how they relate to military service in America. I would appreciate some commentary concerning how this belief can deceive the majority of them, for example those who do not believe in a resurrection to life once again, but rather in the immediate ascending to heaven of their loved ones.
Indiana Bob

http://worriersanonymous.org/Share/Mansions.htm

Rhys 🕊

• 🕊
    • Facebook
Re: how most Christians view life & death
« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2014, 06:45:24 AM »

Filled with heavy emotionalism. When Jesus said love your enemies they kill them and show a picture of Jesus to show that this is all right when it's not.

It keeps those who do not know the truth from knowing the truth because it's not there time to know it. It gives a sense of justification that this is OK and they are hero's despite Jesus saying differently. Putting emotive music to stuff like this seems to make it OK and that they are good people and good people got to heaven of course. Keeps them believing a lie with there emotions being in the center of it so they can't see. Instead of letting the truth talk they let emotions talk which change like the wind. No wonder people believe or sorts of rubbish. Putting emotion into this deceives many because there heart gets falsely involved and in there weakened state they will believe anything told them. I feel when so much emotion is involved what is being taught to them seems to take hold even more. A good time to get the truth into them and not lies.

Being not an American I'm an outsider looking in and that's how I see it and I'm not brought up in your culture but they act in the same way here but it does seem to be as emotional.

Rhys
🤫

arion

• Marquette, MI
    • Big Bay Michigan Weather
« Reply #2 on: January 03, 2014, 11:51:01 AM »

In America, most conservative churches almost make an idol out of the military.  And I say this as a very adept former soldier who wore the uniform for 13 years.  I used to be on staff at a huge Assembly Of God church and on the 4th of July services we always 'honored' our military.  The uniforms, flags and accolades flowed thick and fast.  And being both in the reserves at that point and on staff I 'proudly' wore my uniform and received the thanks of those at the assembly for my service in the military.  We saw ourselves as a force of good in the world....America's military riding to the rescue and delivering people from oppression.  And now, this country is using it's military as an instrument of oppression in the world and is quickly becoming that what we once fought wars to resist.  When we killed, we killed for God and country just like everybody else.  For the Christian solder the fact that Jesus told us to love our enemies and not kill them simply didn't register.  I'll get off my soap box as this is a sensitive area for me and I don't want to get political. 

lareli

« Reply #3 on: January 03, 2014, 10:21:53 PM »

Freedom isnt Free. Throughout history America has always fought on the just and moral side. We fought World War 2 because someone had to stop the Nazis. We were the only ones who stood up for what was right and we won! We are the only free people and we are the most powerfull and righteous nation in the world. So if we enter a war just keep that in mind when asking yourself if we are fighting bad guys or if we are the bad guys. We are ALWAYS the good guys and if we are fighting a war then they are ALWAYS the bad guys.

I joined the Marines right out of High School and it had nothing to do with patriotism. I think deep down inside though, I actually believed what I just wrote. Not by choice but because of what we are taught in school from day 1. And from what we watch on TV growing up. I just accepted all that as truth because those thoughts had never been challenged. It was the 'truth' that was handed to me.

The real truth is that soldiers dont fight for you, me, freedom, or even this country. They fight for the government. Big difference. Government is organized force, a monopoly on violence. The military is the governments muscle, not the peoples.
I’m just what you made God.. ~Kid Cudi

Ricky

« Reply #4 on: January 04, 2014, 12:08:59 PM »

How can we be the most righteous nation in the world, when the government is Roman Catholic Christian, PAGAN! garbage!, always has been and always will be. Roman empire is still trying to take over the world through the church, via the government of the USA, its money and power.  Ricky
Your heart is God`s gift to you, what you make of it, shall be your gift to Him.

theophilus

« Reply #5 on: January 04, 2014, 12:46:20 PM »

Maybe the old idea of Manifest Destiny has been revived, or rather, it never died off and has gained lots of momentum since 9/11.

Historian William E. Weeks has noted that three key themes were usually touched upon by advocates of manifest destiny:

1. the virtue of the American people and their institutions;
2. the mission to spread these institutions, thereby redeeming and remaking the world in the image of the United States;
3. the destiny under God to do this work. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Manifest_destiny

IMO, this is arrogance to the Nth degree. Christian families who have soldiers serving abroad think of their loved ones as serving in the highest calling of God. As such, when they lose their lives they are believed to be deserving of the greatest reward God has in store: eternal life. Castles in the sky I say! The bereaved families find solace telling themselves they have been called HOME to serve God for higher purposes. The deception itself gives them hope. But the reality is they continue to be empty on the inside. As long as they continue to believe this, they will remain being mere pawns of the powers that be in this country. May the Lord have mercy on them.

Roger.

cjwood

« Reply #6 on: January 04, 2014, 08:00:29 PM »

for our struggle is not against flesh and blood...
our weapons of warfare consist of the full armor of God.
our mightiest weapon is the Sword of the Spirit, which is the Word of God.

our battle is not in the physical.  our battle is spiritual...

claudia

indianabob

« Reply #7 on: January 06, 2014, 05:00:56 PM »

Folks,
THese comments are some of what I was seeking.
Most wars begin several years before an attack is launched.
Most wars are the fault of all sides in the conflict wanting their selfish way.

I think it is fair to say that America was successful, although after much loss of treasure and of the blood of their youth, IN SPITE of their unrighteousness, because God had a purpose in drawing them into the conflict. Success in warfare does not always indicate rightness of purpose.

Ole Indiana Bob
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.043 seconds with 22 queries.