bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need Account Help?  Email bibletruths.forum@gmail.com   

Forgotten password reminders does not work. Contact the email above and state what you want your password changed to. (it must be at least 8 characters)

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Can't say happy new year to you  (Read 4520 times)

loretta

Can't say happy new year to you
« on: January 01, 2014, 02:34:29 AM »

This January 1st, I can't bring myself to say happy new year 2014 to anybody.  Not merely because I am in a hard place myself, but because of the truths I have come to learn and embrace here at BT.  So to those who've wished me already as the year turned, I've replied, ' may you have a good year too, God willing'.  I know that I sound more like the Muslims who say, ' inshallah' but I think thats closer to the truth than most people know.:)

To my family here at BT, I love you.  To those who are hurting terribly and facing the new year with dread, I feel for you, I am deeply sorry. You are constantly in my thoughts and prayers.  For most of us who were at a hard place this past year and are hoping for things to change this year, may we continue to hope and pray and trust in Him who has always loved us and will continue to love us through the ages as he painfully puts us through the lof, conforming us into His image.  May we all grow in grace, knowledge and understanding and be comforted by the God of all comfort.

2 Corinthians 1:3-5

Blessed be God, even the Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of mercies, and the God of all comfort;

Who comforteth us in all our tribulation, that we may be able to comfort them which are in any trouble, by the comfort wherewith we ourselves are comforted of God.

For as the sufferings of Christ abound in us, so our consolation also aboundeth by Christ.

God bless you all.

Rhys 🕊

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
  • 🕊
    • Facebook
Re: Can't say happy new year to you
« Reply #1 on: January 01, 2014, 02:47:50 AM »

Well said Loretta

Is often how I feel too but we can rejoice in Him for the truth we come to know. That's how I feel with my time here and the passage you quoted is very appropriate.

Blessings

Rhys
🤫

virginiabm

« Reply #2 on: January 01, 2014, 09:12:47 AM »

MY Sister Loretta, I really appreciate your words of love and encouragement for all of us this year. I hope and pray that God may grant you peace and contentment as you continue to overcome in this life. May the LORD shine upon you and yours this coming year with all its trials and tribulations. We know that our LORD
said in this world there is no peace, BUT He is our Peace. I Stand and I believe you Stand also in His Promises.

With much Love,
                             Virginia Miller

theophilus

« Reply #3 on: January 01, 2014, 01:19:08 PM »

May it be God's will that we all have a better year! May we all grow in grace, knowledge and understanding and be comforted by the God of all comfort.

Now that you mention insha'Allah, I'd like to share the link to a youtube music video. Pay particular attention to the translation of the lyrics. I'd say the Muslim belief on God's sovereignty is more biblical than the Christians'.

http://youtu.be/2POobgDKNWk

cjwood

« Reply #4 on: January 01, 2014, 03:21:23 PM »

i liked this video alot theop...
i was substituting God for Allah.   8)

nice song to be still and meditate upon.

thanks for sharing.
claudia

theophilus

« Reply #5 on: January 02, 2014, 11:48:49 AM »

i liked this video alot theop...
i was substituting God for Allah.   8)

nice song to be still and meditate upon.

thanks for sharing.
claudia

I loved it too! You're welcome Claudia.

Roger

loretta

« Reply #6 on: January 03, 2014, 03:59:32 AM »

May it be God's will that we all have a better year!

I'd say the Muslim belief on God's sovereignty is more biblical than the Christians'.

http://youtu.be/2POobgDKNWk

Amen to that.  Nice song too Roger. :)

Dear Virginia,

That you are able to rise above your own heartache and grief, is all of God.  May you have the peace that you so believe in.  You are such an encouragement to us all here at BT.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.04 seconds with 19 queries.