bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need Account Help?  Email bibletruths.forum@gmail.com   

Forgotten password reminders does not work. Contact the email above and state what you want your password changed to. (it must be at least 8 characters)

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: my memories of the year  (Read 3525 times)

acomplishedartis

my memories of the year
« on: January 03, 2014, 06:08:54 AM »

Since 2006 I have been posting my memories of the year at the end of each year. This time I feel that keep posting doesn't really helps me to keep my ego low. Still, I am will give it a try for the ones around here who know me and I am going keep it short.

After some traveling, at the beginning of 2013 I was in the desert of Sonora (north of Mexico), visiting a sister called Amelia (also Ray's friend) while trying to help on the small ''mission'' where she often study the bible with a few ladies, and not only that, frecuently they all help each other, physically and spiritually.
I wouldn't like to get caught in details, like mentioning about my part time job as a welder while I was there and things like that, maybe that kind of things aren't that worth to be posted, honestly, I am kind of tired of talking about me, and thinking so much about me and my opinions...

Anyhow, a couple moths later, I went back to morelia (center-south of Mex. --the place where I grew up). On those days I had a dream. My dream was to find a peaceful nice town surrounded by nature and clean air with no-extreme weather and live in one empty house I could take care of, I wanted peace for good readings and study.
     I always say that we should be careful what we dream about, because if we dream too high it will be harder to get there and realize what's really behind our big wish. I am going to keep with my story but this is going to be very probably my last year posting memories about my year.

Life is funny. While having dinner with an old friend in morelia, my friend's wife mentioned that her dad had a big house on a town called ''valle de bravo'', a house that was empty for many years. Later on they told me I could move there if I wanted. I talk with her dad and offered a mothly-fine donation.

Last june I moved to my dream' town which was surrounding a beautiful lake, I had much time for reading, study and used to go to a coffee place for the internet. Living there was kind of rough, Often I used to travel a couple miles with my bike (which has a motor) to the market place, I used to like to wash my cloth by hand and also enjoy cooking, take walks in the woods, explore the surroundings and work. When I got there I didn't knew anybody, you know...it's hard to make friends with out going to churches or social clubs.
However, I was good to keep my self in contact online and by phone with friends. I don't mind to be lonely, actually loneliness makes you appreciate face to face communication even more.
Sometimes I used to go visit to morelia and mexico city since they where close to Valle de Bravo.

Then in the fall I traveled a little; I went a couple days to Austin with a friend who lives in mexico city, then I went to Cancun because my best friend and cousin Beto got married (just for the record, I travel light and tight--don't care about amenities, only visit and share). From cancun, my flight had to arrive in mexico city and from there I just take the bus back to ''valle de bravo'' (only for a couple hours). But I stayed in mexico city a few days because I have a few friends there and there is also a girl in there that I really like (for more than friendship...)
 Then, when I was finally back in valle de bravo just last october, I decided to invest many hours a day on studying and writing about spiritual subjects while merely surviving.
  One day I told my self; If I don't make a drastic location move now, I could get stock on this beautiful town all lonely for so many years, ...I really would like to find more alike minders who speak spanish and a wife...      so I follow thinking about it, do my maths and decide to leave, so I left.

Whom am I, really? Where is my self identity? Which is my culture? Does my personal stories and blurry memories can really define me? Am I just here to enjoy life as much as I can? to accumulate great ammounts of time in mental pleasure and be avowed by everyone surrounding me?
Jesus said that where my treasure is, that's the location where my heart is at...
Therefore, even in the worst place on earth, I should be able to travel in my mind, to the best mental location I could be at; trying to think about whatever that is truth, honest, pure and convenient.

Sorry, not trying to get preachy...
If God's will I will be living soon in mexico city.

honestly

Moises

« Last Edit: January 10, 2014, 03:51:58 AM by Moises G. »

Loverly

Re: my memories of the year
« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2014, 03:28:56 PM »

Hi Moises,
Your reminiscent thoughts reminds me of these verses. :)
Psalms 139
7 Where can I go from Your Spirit?
Or where can I flee from Your presence?
8 If I ascend to heaven, You are there;
If I make my bed in Sheol, behold, You are there.
9 If I take the wings of the dawn,
If I dwell in the remotest part of the sea,
10 Even there Your hand will lead me,
And Your right hand will lay hold of me.
11 If I say, “Surely the darkness will overwhelm me,
And the light around me will be night,”
12 Even the darkness is not dark to You,
And the night is as bright as the day.
Darkness and light are alike to You.
Blessings on your 2014 year! :)

acomplishedartis

« Reply #2 on: January 03, 2014, 10:24:19 PM »

Yes.
good find!

thanks.

microlink

« Reply #3 on: January 04, 2014, 12:51:52 AM »

Nice to hear from you again Moises.
You are open with sharing your life experiences with us. Not too many can do that.
I appreciated your posts on God's Spirit (Spirits) some time ago, it simulated a lot of thought about God, who and what He is really.
Thanks

chav

« Reply #4 on: January 06, 2014, 11:57:41 AM »

Good to hear you're doing well Moises hope some really good things happen for you in 2014.

Dave

acomplishedartis

« Reply #5 on: January 07, 2014, 04:10:03 AM »

Thanks Dave, I appreciate it.

I really wish I could find more people who care about this truths and who speak spanish around me...
« Last Edit: January 07, 2014, 04:41:26 AM by Moises G. »

Rhys 🕊

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
  • 🕊
    • Facebook
« Reply #6 on: January 07, 2014, 04:13:43 AM »

Keep asking Him Moises - we never know what our God may do

He will continue to be with you and guide you in His truth

Rhys
🤫

acomplishedartis

« Reply #7 on: January 10, 2014, 03:59:43 AM »

recently I found out that, that girl who I liked and wanted to get to know better, already has a boyfriend.

she was the first 'spanish talker girl' I have ever been interested in.

oh well...

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.054 seconds with 22 queries.