bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Forum related how to's?  Post your questions to the membership.

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: Can Satan read our minds  (Read 12547 times)

cheekie3

Can Satan read our minds
« on: January 04, 2014, 08:16:54 PM »

All -

Has Ray taught on whether or not Satan can read our minds.

I do not believe that Satan can read our minds.

Thanks, Regards, George.

rick

Re: Can Satan read our minds
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2014, 10:00:07 PM »

Hi George,

I have not come across anything Ray said about Satan being able to read our minds but Ray did talk about a scripture were God said to Satan ( dust shall you eat ) and we human being are dust, for dust have you come from and to dust shall you return, Ray spoke of Satan eating our minds if you will, Ray referred to our minds as a steak dinner for Satan but reading our minds not sure about that.

Peace and love to all.   ;)

Dennis Vogel

• Administrator
  • Bible-Truths Forum Member
« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2014, 03:56:41 PM »

And there is no doubt that Satan can whisper in our ear/mind.

rick

« Reply #3 on: January 05, 2014, 04:16:08 PM »

Thanks for the insight Dennis, that would be a great way of eating our minds as a steak dinner, still unsure about the devil being able to read ones mind although,  :-\

peace and love to all.
« Last Edit: January 05, 2014, 04:19:25 PM by Rick »

Rhys 🕊

• 🕊
    • Facebook
« Reply #4 on: January 05, 2014, 04:50:34 PM »

From Was it better for Judas had he not been born?

http://bible-truths.com/JudasNotBorn.htm

Let me assure you, that Judas all on his own, even with his carnal mind, did not possess the required evil necessary to betray His LORD with a kiss.  How so?
"Then entered Satan into Judas surnamed Iscariot, being of the number of the twelve. And he went his way, and communed with the chief priests and captains, how he might betray him unto them" (Luke 22:3-4).
This is the only time in the history of the world that we have an account of Satan actually entering into and possessing the mind of another human being.  How pray tell without the power of God is it possible to resist the power of Satan? If Judas could have pulled this whole thing off by his own power and devices, it would not have been necessary for Satan to possess his mind.  When Satan left Judas, Judas REPENTED. Why did he repent?  Do we have any clues?

Satan can enter and possess

But whatever he does he can only do so as God allows for His purpose and that is for our own good.

To me it doesn't matter what Satan can or can't do, what matters is knowing that it is all under God's control and there is nothing to fear

Rhys
🤫

Ricky

« Reply #5 on: January 05, 2014, 06:31:58 PM »

Hello Rhys, God is in control and there is nothing to fear?  Are you saying that we are protected by God from Satan? I would disagree.  Satan would come after us rather than them, he already owns them.  Ricky
Your heart is God`s gift to you, what you make of it, shall be your gift to Him.

Rhys 🕊

• 🕊
    • Facebook
« Reply #6 on: January 05, 2014, 08:11:03 PM »

No I'm not saying that.

The fear comment is because I use to have demonic attacks and lived in fear but I wish I didn't and I don't live in fear of Satan now but use too

Rhys
🤫

noeleena

• live life. love life.
« Reply #7 on: January 06, 2014, 04:36:28 AM »

Hi,

what ever the name given ,, satan owns nothing,   allowed use of,  yes , not own ,

The most high gives Protection as is needed for the one who needs it as is in the plan that has been set for us, when we follow we will be lead , and protection will be there, i'v seen it and had it,

And ...WHAT ... is there that we can fear,

If you dont trust the most high  then you cant  understand the way  that's planed for us,

...noeleena...

theophilus

« Reply #8 on: January 06, 2014, 09:59:57 AM »

I agree. Satan does not own any man.

Max

« Reply #9 on: January 06, 2014, 01:14:54 PM »

God controls EVERYTHING, including Satan. Most Christians think that God and Satan are in a constant battle for souls, and Satan can take over someone and God is helpless to do so. I agree that if Satan takes over someone it is because God intended it that way for the time being.

Ricky

« Reply #10 on: January 06, 2014, 02:20:28 PM »

Satan bought this entire planet from Adam&Eve. It is a spiritual ownership. Only God can take it away from him at the 7th trump.    Ricky
Your heart is God`s gift to you, what you make of it, shall be your gift to Him.

se7en

« Reply #11 on: January 06, 2014, 06:40:09 PM »

Cheekie,

Satan doesn't have to "read our minds" in order to know what we are thinking...

John 8:44 You are of your father the devil, and the desires of your father you want to do. He was a murderer from the beginning, and does not stand in the truth, because there is no truth in him. When he speaks a lie, he speaks from his own resources, for he is a liar and the father of it.

In each person's appointed time, we do exactly as our father the devil wants us to do (as ultimately directed by God)... Until Christ comes to us with the spirit of Truth. To each person, at their appointed time.

Until the time Christ comes into our lives, we naturally take after our father the devil. What's that old saying? "Like father, like son."

I like what Rhys said...

"To me it doesn't matter what Satan can or can't do, what matters is knowing that it is all under God's control and there is nothing to fear."

God is ultimately in control of it all, and is using it all for the salvation of all. I love the beautiful plan :)

~Se7en

acomplishedartis

« Reply #12 on: January 07, 2014, 04:06:02 AM »

According to the Scriptures, there is two parts in our psyche, one called 'The heart' and other 'The Mind'. If you want to read most people Hearts, you will read all different degrees of Vanity, Avarice, Greed, Selfishness and a great deal of emotions. I am sure the Devil can read that. If anyone wants to read our conscious memories in our Minds, I think that will be very hard since our minds are changing constantly, we forget things, learn things, and sometimes even imagine things that never happened.
  The central most important part of our psyche is our heart.

By the way. Where does your question regarding 'Satan reading our minds' come from? Or Why did you ask?
just curious... maybe your answer to my question could help us to find an answer closer to what you are looking for.

« Last Edit: January 10, 2014, 03:43:19 AM by Moises G. »

theophilus

« Reply #13 on: January 07, 2014, 01:52:19 PM »

Satan bought this entire planet from Adam&Eve. It is a spiritual ownership. Only God can take it away from him at the 7th trump.    Ricky

Psa_97:5  The hills melted like wax at the presence of the LORD, at the presence of THE LORD OF THE WHOLE EARTH.

Mic_4:13  Arise and thresh, O daughter of Zion: for I will make thine horn iron, and I will make thy hoofs brass: and thou shalt beat in pieces many people: and I will consecrate their gain unto the LORD, and their substance unto THE LORD OF THE WHOLE EARTH.

Zec_4:14  Then said he, These are the two anointed ones, that stand by THE LORD OF THE WHOLE EARTH.

A Psalm of David. THE EARTH IS THE LORD'S AND THE FULLNESS THEREOF, THE WORLD AND THOSE WHO DWELL THEREIN,  (Psa 24:1 ESV)
for he has founded it upon the seas and established it upon the rivers.  (Psa 24:2 ESV)

Psa 50:12  "If I were hungry, I would not tell you, FOR THE WORLD AND ITS FULLNESS ARE MINE.

Psa 89:11  The heavens are yours; THE EARTH ALSO IS YOURS; THE WORLD AND ALL THAT IS IN IT, you have founded them.

Eze 30:12  And I will dry up the Nile and WILL SELL THE LAND into the hand of evildoers; I will bring desolation upon the land and everything in it, by the hand of foreigners; I am the LORD; I have spoken.

I don't think God could sell the land into the hand of evildoers if the land belonged to Satan. The Lord also brought desolation upon the land and everything in it. How could He do that if Satan was the rightful owner?

This much is true:

Luk 4:5  And the devil took him up and showed him all the kingdoms of the world in a moment of time,
Luk 4:6  and said to him, "To you I will give ALL THIS AUTHORITY and their glory, for IT HAS BEEN DELIVERED TO ME, and I give it to whom I will.

Mat 4:8  Again, the devil took him to a very high mountain and showed him all the kingdoms of the world and their glory.
Mat 4:9  And he said to him, "All these I will give you, if you will fall down and worship me."

Please provide the bible verse or verses that reveal that Satan OWNS Earth SPIRITUALLY.

Roger
« Last Edit: January 07, 2014, 02:01:37 PM by theophilus »

Ricky

« Reply #14 on: January 07, 2014, 02:07:36 PM »

Has nothing to do with being the rightful owner, spiritual warfare, here is your bible verse,  Eph, 6,12.
Ricky

theophilus

« Reply #15 on: January 07, 2014, 03:45:16 PM »

Has nothing to do with being the rightful owner, spiritual warfare, here is your bible verse,  Eph, 6,12.
Ricky

Here's the verse:

Eph 6:12  For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the LORD OF THIS AGE (AION?), rulers of this darkness, against spiritual wickedness in the heavens.

Again, Nothing about OWING this planet spiritually.

Ricky

« Reply #16 on: January 07, 2014, 04:16:05 PM »

Lol, nevermind.

theophilus

« Reply #17 on: January 07, 2014, 10:10:38 PM »

Lol, nevermind.

Controversies [edit]

Controversies have developed over interpretations of spiritual warfare methods, and purposes, by Christian groups who have used spiritual warfare as a justification to persecute others, even amongst the Christian community as well as other groups, such as practitioners of transcendental meditation, Freemasons, women accused of witchcraft, and owners of occult objects (e.g. native American art, Ouija boards, tarot cards).[19]

Christian countercult movement[edit]

The excesses of unsubstantiated allegations made in the satanic ritual abuse phenomenon of the 1980s and 1990s has also prompted critical reviews. Some apologists in the Christian countercult movement have expressed concerns that spiritual warfare techniques seem at times to have been based on spurious stories and anecdotes without careful discernment and reflection.[citation needed] Some of these general concerns have been expressed by apologists like Elliot Miller (Christian Research Institute), and Bob and Gretchen Passantino in various articles published in the Christian Research Journal. Others, such as Mike Hertenstein and Jon Trott, have called into question the claims of alleged ex-Satanists like Mike Warnke and Lauren Stratford whose stories have subsequently influenced many popular books about spiritual warfare and the occult. Bill Ellis's work, Raising the Devil, has detected the presence of folkloric stories about the occult and demons circulating in evangelical and charismatic circles, which later become accepted as unquestioned facts.

(Source: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Spiritual_warfare)

Several branches of Christianity  are obsessed with "spiritual warfare". There are books that teach you to map out a city, find out who the Strong Man is and what you have to do to bind him. They see devils everywhere. Satan and his "minions" are more a reality to them than Jesus Christ.

You're right: Never mind. I think that was the gist of Rhys' post.

onelovedread

« Reply #18 on: January 09, 2014, 01:36:41 PM »

1 Peter 5:7 (CLV) tossing your entire worry on Him, for He is caring concerning you." 8 Be sober! Watch! For your plaintiff, the Adversary, is walking about as a roaring lion, seeking someone to swallow up;" 9 whom withstand, solid in the faith..
Not sure whether Satan can read our minds, but God commands us to "withstand" or resist him, solid in the faith. That suggests to me that we're not helpless, and that God has given us the authority to put him in his place.

thewatchman

« Reply #19 on: January 09, 2014, 08:49:29 PM »

The answer to you question is simple and no-one has really answered it. Too much waffling on about other things.

NO!

Pages: [1] 2   Go Up

Page created in 0.058 seconds with 23 queries.