bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need Account Help?  Email bibletruths.forum@gmail.com   

Forgotten password reminders does not work. Contact the email above and state what you want your password changed to. (it must be at least 8 characters)

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Can Satan read our minds  (Read 12550 times)

theophilus

Re: Can Satan read our minds
« Reply #20 on: January 11, 2014, 11:26:32 AM »

Mark1:23 And immediately there was in their synagogue a man with an unclean spirit. And he cried out, 24 “What have you to do with us, Jesus of Nazareth? HAVE YOU COME TO DESTROY US? I KNOW WHO YOU ARE—the Holy One of God.” 25 But Jesus rebuked him, saying, “Be silent, and come out of him!” 26 And the unclean spirit, convulsing him and crying out with a loud voice, came out of him.

Luke 4:33 And in the synagogue there was a man who had the spirit of an unclean demon, and he cried out with a loud voice, 34 “Ha! What have you to do with us, Jesus of Nazareth? HAVE YOU COME TO DESTROY US? I KNOW WHO YOU ARE—the Holy One of God.” 35 But Jesus rebuked him, saying, “Be silent and come out of him!” And when the demon had thrown him down in their midst, he came out of him, having done him no harm.

Notice the unclean spirit asked Jesus if He had come to destroy them. He was soliciting from the Lord information that he did not know. If this spirit had had the ability to read Jesus' mind, he would have known what the Lord had in store for them. Satan and his squad did not know why Jesus had come in the flesh and for what purpose He had manifested as a human being.  This act of God obviously took them by surprise and they were afraid and very confused to know what to do with Him.

This is just my opinion, however.

Roger.
« Last Edit: January 11, 2014, 11:29:54 AM by theophilus »

dave

« Reply #21 on: January 12, 2014, 03:34:56 AM »

The way I accept it is the enemy IS our minds(not saying that the carnal mind is satan or the devil), it is the Blood and Offering[His sacrifice] Jesus, that will change our minds when the Love of the Father draws us to Jesus so that the "change of our minds" will/can begin...repent.

acomplishedartis

« Reply #22 on: January 13, 2014, 02:37:16 AM »

Mark1:23 And immediately there was in their synagogue a man with an unclean spirit. And he cried out, 24 “What have you to do with us, Jesus of Nazareth? HAVE YOU COME TO DESTROY US? I KNOW WHO YOU ARE—the Holy One of God.” 25 But Jesus rebuked him, saying, “Be silent, and come out of him!” 26 And the unclean spirit, convulsing him and crying out with a loud voice, came out of him.

Luke 4:33 And in the synagogue there was a man who had the spirit of an unclean demon, and he cried out with a loud voice, 34 “Ha! What have you to do with us, Jesus of Nazareth? HAVE YOU COME TO DESTROY US? I KNOW WHO YOU ARE—the Holy One of God.” 35 But Jesus rebuked him, saying, “Be silent and come out of him!” And when the demon had thrown him down in their midst, he came out of him, having done him no harm.

Notice the unclean spirit asked Jesus if He had come to destroy them. He was soliciting from the Lord information that he did not know. If this spirit had had the ability to read Jesus' mind, he would have known what the Lord had in store for them. Satan and his squad did not know why Jesus had come in the flesh and for what purpose He had manifested as a human being.  This act of God obviously took them by surprise and they were afraid and very confused to know what to do with Him.

This is just my opinion, however.

Roger.

Roger
good observation.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

maybe satan can't read our minds (intellect, memories, concious thoughts),  But, can satan read our heart?

Surely so many years on earth have show him a few lessons on human nature...

theophilus

« Reply #23 on: January 13, 2014, 07:54:34 AM »

Moises, we Nicaraguans have a saying: Mas sabe el diablo por viejo que por diablo. Loosely translated into English it would be The devil knows more for having been around for such a long time than for being a devil.  ;D  I am sure the devil is a master on human nature. He ate Adam and Eve for lunch! I suppose this was his first victory. And ever since then, he's been feeding on us. He knows our weaknesses and how to exploit them. I wonder if the real reason the evil spirit didn't know Jesus' intention towards them was that Jesus had the spirit of God. If we have the spirit also, can the devil peek in our minds to find out what we're thinking? Maybe the devil/evil spirits can inject themselves into the minds of unbelievers and know what they're thinking because the spirit of God is not in them.

During the last of several attacks I suffered by evil spirits, my whole body was paralyzed and my tongue went numb. I wanted to pray audibly, rebuke the devil but couldn't. I couldn't utter a word. So, I began to pray in my mind. Minutes went by and as the numbness of my tongue began to go away, I began to pray audibly. One thing I'm certain of: God was listening to my prayer that night.

I guess in the end it doesn't matter whether Old Nick is or isn't able to read our minds. For all intents and purposes, greater is He that is in us than he that is in the world. We need to use the sword of the Spirit against him.

Roger.

acomplishedartis

« Reply #24 on: January 14, 2014, 05:19:24 AM »

Roger
Yes, well said, whatever evil spirits can do or can't do; greater is Jesus spirit in us, always.

The spiritual realm is invisible and we are physical creatures living in the material realm with physical laws, structures and hierarchies, etc,... Who have the time to reflect on something that he can't see, smell, touch or listen?

Well, we should care because certainly these spirit beings can be able to influence our minds and therefore our actions on a daily base.

I like this quote:

No one has ever seen a real demon AS THEY ARE SPIRIT, AND THEY ARE NOT VISIBLE. We are

never told that we might on occasion entertain "demons unaware," as we might entertain angels (Heb. 3:2).

"Angels," however, can be either visible or invisible, and are often called "men." Sometimes they seem to be

manifested as physical men (Acts 10:3 & 30 and Luke 24:4), BUT IN REALITY THEY ARE ACTUALLY SPIRIT

BEINGS. Mortal men when used of God are called angels or messengers which, like all men, are destined to die.

However, spirit angels in Heaven can never die:

"Neither can they die any more: for they are equal unto the angels; and are the children of God, being the children of the resurrection" (Luke 20:36).

(L. Ray Smith /Caps are mine)

« Last Edit: January 14, 2014, 05:29:13 AM by Moises G. »

santgem

« Reply #25 on: January 14, 2014, 09:01:46 AM »

From Was it better for Judas had he not been born?

http://bible-truths.com/JudasNotBorn.htm

Let me assure you, that Judas all on his own, even with his carnal mind, did not possess the required evil necessary to betray His LORD with a kiss.  How so?
"Then entered Satan into Judas surnamed Iscariot, being of the number of the twelve. And he went his way, and communed with the chief priests and captains, how he might betray him unto them" (Luke 22:3-4).
This is the only time in the history of the world that we have an account of Satan actually entering into and possessing the mind of another human being.  How pray tell without the power of God is it possible to resist the power of Satan? If Judas could have pulled this whole thing off by his own power and devices, it would not have been necessary for Satan to possess his mind.  When Satan left Judas, Judas REPENTED. Why did he repent?  Do we have any clues?

Satan can enter and possess

But whatever he does he can only do so as God allows for His purpose and that is for our own good.

To me it doesn't matter what Satan can or can't do, what matters is knowing that it is all under God's control and there is nothing to fear

Rhys

Yes Satan can enter and possess but to Judas only.

Why to Judas only?

From Was it better for Judas had he not been born?

http://bible-truths.com/JudasNotBorn.htm

"While I was with them in the world, I kept them in Thy Name: those that You gave Me I have kept, and none of them is lost, but the son of perdition; that the scripture might be fulfilled" (John 17:12).  Yes, that the Scripture might be fulfilled.  Judas had to do what he did because the Scripture had to be fulfilled.  Did Judas desire in his heart to betray Jesus?  Did he personally look forward to this deed and the money he would get?  I don't think so!   Isaiah 53:10 tells us that "It pleased God to bruise Him [His Son]."  So in this verse God takes responsibility for the "bruising" [crucifixion] of His Son. So how could Judas be held eternally guilty for this crime?

Satan can not possess you like what had happened to Judas. It is very clear that it must so so that scripture might be fulfilled..

Is there any scenerio in our time now that satan will possessed us in order to fulfill the scripture? i doubt. :)

Satan can not read our mind and heart only GOD!
« Last Edit: January 14, 2014, 09:07:21 AM by santgem »
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up

Page created in 0.034 seconds with 20 queries.