bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need Account Help?  Email bibletruths.forum@gmail.com   

Forgotten password reminders does not work. Contact the email above and state what you want your password changed to. (it must be at least 8 characters)

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: Hello  (Read 9948 times)

Max

Hello
« on: January 06, 2014, 03:34:41 AM »

Hi all,

My name is Max, and I have been reading this forum for a few months now, and I thought I would join in. Nothing too extraordinary about me as I'm just a college student from Wisconsin, although it feels more like the North Pole here right now  :(. I look forward to having fellowship with so many great people and learn more about the great truths of God!  :)

Rhys 🕊

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
  • 🕊
    • Facebook
Re: Hello
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2014, 03:39:43 AM »

Welcome to the forum Max

You are special (extraordinary) in that God is revealing Himself to you and to me that is the most special of specialness as you begin to understand how special you are to Him

Bless you

Rhys
🤫

Max

« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2014, 04:05:09 AM »

I guess I'll tell you all a little bit about myself and my background. I was raised in a Catholic family and went to Catholic school all the way through 8th grade. I did all the sacraments, rarely missed mass, did a ton of community service, and was always very involved as my parents emphasized the importance of all these things.

I was usually relatively happy as a child, but I was always bothered by the doctrine of eternal torment. A pastor we had for a few years was quite a fire and brimstone preacher and would sometimes come in and talk to us about how we will all go to hell if we die without a mortal sin being forgiven (which of course in the church's case means confessing it to a priest), and hearing this had a big effect on me. I went through spurts of deep fear, depression, and overall hopelessness thinking that not only am I not good enough to gain God's approval, but I'd go to a restaurant, the park, the mall, the baseball game, etc, and I'd look at everyone around me and feel so depressed that they are all going to be damned if they haven't honestly asked Jesus into their hearts and joined the one true Catholic church. I give my parents a lot of credit as they always did their best to reassure me that God loves me and everyone else and will approve of me as long as I gave Him my best. Plus it helped that this pastor left, and his replacement was a bit more laid back.

So I continued to pray and be involved in the church into my high school years even though I joined the public school district. But I was involved enough in sports and extracurricular activities that I was able to get on with my life. Things changed a little bit senior year though as I neared graduation I began to think more about God and what He has planned for me in my life beyond the small Wisconsin town I had lived in my whole life. I did a lot of internet searching, and I found some sites and some youtube channels with terrifying fire and brimstone teachers again, and those feelings of fear and despair came back, and I was convinced once again that I was an unsaved sinner headed for Hell, and so was just about everyone else around me. Still I listened to these types of preachers for a while, and I was miserable. I became less outgoing at school, didn't hang out with friends on weekends as much, and kind of withdrew myself from the rest of the world, other than school and my job. I saw demons behind all the things I did.

This went on for a couple of months until one day I was so angry with the notion of a God who would torment billions of his creations forever, I searched something like "hell isn't real" and I found myself on some great UR sites. I was skeptical at first and thought it was probably wishful thinking, but I knew I had to read. I spent much of the few next weeks reading about Universal Reconciliation, and I remember the realization just suddenly hit me one day, and it was probably the happiest moment of my life as I cried tears of joy. Then I graduated high school and went to college with this knowledge, and I would like to learn more. I'm far from perfect, and I have done plenty of dumb things even after having the truth revealed to me. I joined Amway after a friend brought me to a recruitment meeting about a year ago, but thank God He brought me out of it fast enough. I realized what a sham it is after attending a major function. Once again, I look forward to getting to know everyone. Stay warm the next few days if you're in the Midwest!

Max

« Reply #3 on: January 06, 2014, 04:18:08 AM »

Thanks Rhys, your encouragement means a lot! I'm glad to have a place to fellowship with like-minded believers. As much as my family has done for me, it can be tough talking about God with them since they only see things through the Catholic lens. It's when you move beyond the tradition that you'll start to figure out the truth.

Rhys 🕊

• 🕊
    • Facebook
« Reply #4 on: January 06, 2014, 04:53:16 AM »

It's the spirit of truth that sets us free from all the deception and that spirit is working in you.

I pray you discover more of that and know it deep within so as to never be swayed again by the false teachers.

p.s. Im pretty sure hell and Amway are the same thing  ;D

Rhys
🤫

virginiabm

« Reply #5 on: January 06, 2014, 07:56:13 AM »

Welcome Max,
glad to have you in the Family.
Max as you are learning God's truth remember one thing no matter what you are going through or will go through in the future God is LOVE and LOVE never FAILS.
Sometimes we have a hard time remembering that when we look at the world around us, but all is for a good purpose. In the end God wins.

Your sister in Christ Jesus,
                               Virginia Miller

loretta

« Reply #6 on: January 06, 2014, 12:20:24 PM »

Amway is a church?  I thought they only sold stuff?

Welcome Max. Be prepared to have your catholic teachings shattered as your spiritual house comes down! You're lucky to have been called out so young.  I was 40 before it happened and then I spent a couple of years in Christendom, honing some pretty dumb doctrines.

Stick around, enjoy the fellowship, be blessed.

loretta

AwesomeSavior

« Reply #7 on: January 06, 2014, 12:52:08 PM »

Hi Max:

Welcome to the Forum. I too was raised Catholic, but I never participated in any of the rituals. I only went to church on the major holidays. I'm in Michigan, and riding out this winter blast as well. God Bless!

Dean

Max

« Reply #8 on: January 06, 2014, 01:01:45 PM »

Welcome Max. Be prepared to have your catholic teachings shattered as your spiritual house comes down! You're lucky to have been called out so young.  I was 40 before it happened and then I spent a couple of years in Christendom, honing some pretty dumb doctrines.

Stick around, enjoy the fellowship, be blessed.

loretta

I thought that at first too, but it basically is a church, and their tactics of recruiting and keeping people in are rather cult-like. They consider anyone who says no to the Amway business opportunity a loser and anyone who leaves is a loser as well. I left quickly and quietly enough where it didn't cause much of a stir, and I really don't care what they think of me. Plus the leaders preach the prosperity gospel as they show videos of their mansions, luxury cars, etc, and they talk about how they got all of that because of their faith in God. I've also read in numerous places how the wealth portrayed is a hoax anyways. I would maybe compare their rallies to Pentecostal revivals. Plus I was starting to lose money at a fairly quick rate, and I just couldn't continue living the way I was.

Extol

« Reply #9 on: January 06, 2014, 01:31:56 PM »

Welcome, Max!

I live in Wisconsin also, about 45 miles north of Madison. It is currently -18 degrees, wind chill of -49. Huzzah! It's nice to have a fireplace and a pellet stove on days like this.  8)

Enjoy the great spiritual feast you will find here.

Rene

• Administrator
« Reply #10 on: January 06, 2014, 02:24:12 PM »

Welcome to the forum, Max.  I am delighted you have joined and look forward to sharing this wonderful spiritual journey with you. :)

René 

Lark

« Reply #11 on: January 06, 2014, 03:10:34 PM »

I totally see where your coming from everyday I would look at the people around.me and just start crying when I kept thinking about these beautiful creations of God going down an eternal garbage disposal.   I told God I very much did not like him for it.  But now I don't have to worry bout people I can just love them with all my heart.... Just not their sin
Also my family was really into amway when I was little and I recently threw boxes of the stupid "how to get rich fast"
Books they gave to my parents to read in the trash.  8)
Welcome to the forum

friendofJC

• Facebook
« Reply #12 on: January 06, 2014, 04:15:54 PM »

Hi all,

My name is Max, and I have been reading this forum for a few months now, and I thought I would join in. Nothing too extraordinary about me as I'm just a college student from Wisconsin, although it feels more like the North Pole here right now  :(. I look forward to having fellowship with so many great people and learn more about the great truths of God!  :)

Welcome to the forum Max!

Glad to have you join in.  You are unique in all of creation, the most beautiful you!  Got a little minor frostbite here in Iowa this morning for the first time.  We are on a great spiritual journey together and I look forward to having fellowship with you too.

Jason

Max

« Reply #13 on: January 06, 2014, 04:23:24 PM »

Welcome, Max!

I live in Wisconsin also, about 45 miles north of Madison. It is currently -18 degrees, wind chill of -49. Huzzah! It's nice to have a fireplace and a pellet stove on days like this.  8)

Enjoy the great spiritual feast you will find here.

You must be around the Dells then. I'm in the Milwaukee area, and it's -15 with a windchill of -41. And I have to go into work this afternoon! I know some brave souls who went to the Packer game last night too only to watch them lose.

Max

« Reply #14 on: January 06, 2014, 04:27:57 PM »

I totally see where your coming from everyday I would look at the people around.me and just start crying when I kept thinking about these beautiful creations of God going down an eternal garbage disposal.   I told God I very much did not like him for it.  But now I don't have to worry bout people I can just love them with all my heart.... Just not their sin
Also my family was really into amway when I was little and I recently threw boxes of the stupid "how to get rich fast"
Books they gave to my parents to read in the trash.  8)
Welcome to the forum

I'm still finding stuff like that to throw out lol. I feel bad for kids whose parents' lives are consumed chasing the futile dream of getting rich in Amway. Since I've escaped I've read a few blogs and books that tell horror stories about what some of those kids went through.

theophilus

« Reply #15 on: January 07, 2014, 02:32:59 PM »

Welcome Max,

I was born into Catholicism too. I used to pray the rosary with my grandmother. As a young teen, I had my own book of catholic prayers and would go to the backyard of my house and recite lots of prayers. I took my first communion dressed as a Franciscan monk; I'm not kidding you! One time, an aunt of mine made a promise to a Catholic saint, on my behalf, that I'd dress in all white and walk in a procession throughout the whole city to pay my dues for having been kept safe from some disease. There's a cathedral in my city that was built by the Spanish a long time ago. This was one of my favorite places.

Anyways, good to meet you. God bless you. :)

se7en

« Reply #16 on: January 07, 2014, 02:54:47 PM »

Max,

So good to meet you! That is an awesome thing that the Lord is working in your life! I love that! I was 35 before my earth shattering experience.

Trying to keep warm here in TN too. IT's cooooooold out there. I look forward to getting to know you more as we learn Truth together!
~Se7en

Abednego

« Reply #17 on: January 08, 2014, 08:47:49 PM »

I have yet to walk into a church that isn't selling something. Spiritually or physically.

Kat

« Reply #18 on: January 09, 2014, 12:57:19 PM »

Hi Max,

I'm glad you have joined us  :)

Here are the links to extra info we have here on the forum, this is besides what's on the main BT's main body of articles.
Forum Rules- General info
http://forums.bible-truths.com/index.php/topic,3.0.html
Topic- Questions and Truth 
http://forums.bible-truths.com/index.php/topic,4558.0.html
Topic- How this Forum is Moderated
http://forums.bible-truths.com/index.php/topic,3614.0.html

General discussion board- to ask questions and discuss what is presented at the Bible-truths.com site.
http://forums.bible-truths.com/index.php/board,3.0.html

Child board- FAQ (most frequently asked questions)- above General discussion board
http://forums.bible-truths.com/index.php/board,23.0.html

Forum Indexes & Info.
http://forums.bible-truths.com/index.php/board,14.0.html

Ray's Videos
http://forums.bible-truths.com/index.php/topic,8227.0.html

Ray's Audios 
http://forums.bible-truths.com/index.php/topic,2641.0.html

Ray's 2008 Audios
http://forums.bible-truths.com/index.php/topic,8256.0.html

Transcripts of Audios
http://forums.bible-truths.com/index.php/board,12.0.html

Off Topic board- to discuss things that may not directly relate to BT, you will find a good bit of humor
http://forums.bible-truths.com/index.php/board,4.0.html

child board- Inspirationals, Writings, Poems, Etc.- above Off Topic board
http://forums.bible-truths.com/index.php/board,15.0.html

Testimonies / Prayer Requests / Fellowship board- mostly for personal posts
http://forums.bible-truths.com/index.php/board,5.0.html

Child boards- Who Am I? (only available to members)- above Testimonies board, members pics and other stuff
http://forums.bible-truths.com/index.php/board,16.0.html

Members Recipes- for sharing recipes and food tips
http://forums.bible-truths.com/index.php/board,22.0.html

mercy, peace and love
Kat

indianabob

Re: HelloMax
« Reply #19 on: January 09, 2014, 08:24:42 PM »

Hello Max and congratulations.

You have been given a spirit of truth and love and its a grand thing to know.

So glad to have you here with us.

I used to attend the Festival of Tabernacles in Wisconsin Dells and enjoyed the people and the beautiful scenery of that area. I have a cousin who taught at the U of Wisconsin in Eau Claire and has since retired. He graduated from Madison campus.
Love to hear more about your journey and to try to answer any questions you may have.

Warm regards, Ole Indiana Bob
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up

Page created in 0.051 seconds with 23 queries.