bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need Account Help?  Email bibletruths.forum@gmail.com   

Forgotten password reminders does not work. Contact the email above and state what you want your password changed to. (it must be at least 8 characters)

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: No free will question  (Read 10635 times)

indianabob

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
Re: No free will question
« Reply #20 on: December 29, 2013, 11:16:51 AM »

Addition to what I previously posted about voting....

Serving in the military:
I am a conscientious objector. Whatever that really means.
That is I do not want to kill anybody on the orders or authority of any other man, official.
I may, if the situation is beyond my control or my intention is overwhelmed by fear, kill to defend myself or my wife. Could happen and I hope it never will. But, certainly not with pre-meditation which would be the case if I was in the Army. [all of the above as God wills for my life]

One of the main objections that I hear concerning my view is that "if everybody (all Christians) felt that way there would be no Army to defend the nation we live in and from which I benefit". So isn't my objection completely selfish and UN-patriotic (even un-christian)?

My explanation is that real, observant Christians are so rare that it wouldn't matter to the safety of the nation one way or another. There are always plenty of citizens who desire to fight and kill the enemies of the nation for their own reasons. Our Civil War of 1861 is an example, brother against brother. All the government has to do is get them worked up by clever propaganda and the Army will be well provided for.

Just look around, men like to kill, it's in their genes. Spirit inspired Christians are supposed to answer to a higher authority, aren't they?

Just rambling, Ole Indiana Bob

Joel

« Reply #21 on: December 29, 2013, 11:57:02 AM »

My wife votes, and has for many years.
I don't. Never have and don't see myself doing so. I've never had the urge, motivation, or inclination to do so in all my years.
Maybe if among the rules and regulations involved with the whole process there was a (casting lot option) I could see my way to give it a try. :)
The old Testament has a number of cases where a type of voting took place and can't think of a time things were really made any better.

Joel

friendofJC

• Facebook
« Reply #22 on: December 29, 2013, 12:07:44 PM »

Pslm 75:7  But God is the Judge:  He puts down one and exalts another.  Read Romans 13:1 as 2nd witness or if you don't believe.  ;)

rick

« Reply #23 on: December 29, 2013, 02:12:15 PM »

Just wanted to reiterate my meaning on voting, If one desires to vote ,you cannot do anything but vote, if one has no desire to vote they will never see the ballot box .

I firmly believe there is nothing anyone can do, that is outside Gods will.
The sovereignty of God dictates all things under the heavens and in the heavens.

I believe each and everyone of us are going to do exactly what God intended us to do from birth till death. Each of us have to live out what God gave us to do, and when the last thing is done, its time to sleep.

Then comes the resurrection.

Peace and love to all, whether you vote or not.  :)

lareli

« Reply #24 on: December 29, 2013, 07:15:38 PM »

In The Day Of Great Slaughter When The Towers Fall.. The understanding that I have as to what this paper is about is that 9/11 was a judgement and warning from God to this specific nation.

If your understanding is like mine, that 9/11 was a specific event attested to in the book of Isaiah and that this nation is under Gods judgement... Than why would you knowingly and willingly attatch yourself to and partner with the object of Gods wrath?

I’m just what you made God.. ~Kid Cudi

rick

« Reply #25 on: December 29, 2013, 07:37:52 PM »

If my understanding is right then God's judgement is on the house of God at this time. But when His judgements are in the earth, then the inhabitants of the earth shall learn righteousness.

Peace and love to all.  :)

lareli

« Reply #26 on: December 30, 2013, 02:47:30 PM »

The thing I dont get about voting for a man to lead us, is that if we are honest with ourselves and excercise our discernment of good and evil (Hebrews 5:14), then wouldnt we admit to ourselves that these men and women leading this nation are all liars? And if we knowingly vote for a liar to lead us... what does that say about our personal integrity?

I know a well respected pastor who posted on fb during the last election something to the effect of,

"I dont believe either of them tell the truth.... but Im voting for (so and so) because of his views on how to treat the poor"

I thought to myself, arent we supposed to be head over heels in love with TRUTH? What does it say about our faith when we knowingly desire a lying man to lead us?

I also think about how this style of government wasnt what God set up for Israel. He set up panels of judges... It was at the wish of the stubborn Israelites to be like their neighbors and have a King rule them that God granted them Kings.

I’m just what you made God.. ~Kid Cudi

Abednego

« Reply #27 on: January 10, 2014, 02:18:41 PM »

This
voting for a man to lead us,

and this
I also think about how this style of government wasnt what God set up for Israel.

made me think of I Sam Chap.8 God tells Samuel that by requesting a king they had rejected Him, that He should not reign over them.  Why would that be different for us now?  There is nothing new under the sun.

**EDIT**  PS kudos to everyone here for carrying on an adult conversation.  I really did expect to see this locked quickly as I have in other threads about voting.
« Last Edit: January 10, 2014, 02:20:54 PM by Abednego »
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up

Page created in 0.042 seconds with 24 queries.