bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Forum related how to's?  Post your questions to the membership.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: The 99% Vs The 1% The Rich Vs The Poor  (Read 9103 times)

lareli

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
The 99% Vs The 1% The Rich Vs The Poor
« on: January 06, 2014, 09:06:25 PM »

I always read Jesus parables and teaching on the rich vs the poor and I always pictured myself as the poor in those teachings. Entering the Kingdom of Heaven cant be harder than a camel going through the eye of a needle for me because Im not "the rich" that Jesus was talking about... I came across this website where you enter in your income and it tells you where you fall in comparison to the global population.

I realized that I always identified with the poor in scripture because compared to the people around me, thats where I am.. I mean Ive never gone to bed without food or shelter but I have had to wait in line at the salvation army for expired food for my family. We live in a 2br mobile home and have a family of 5 but we're not in want... Anyways compared to my neighbors in society it looks like I fall into the poor category but since Jesus words were to ALL His children throughout ALL the world I figured Id see where I stand in the global comparison of ALL His children... I wont divulge my personal income but lets just say an American who makes 20,000 per year is in the top 3.65% of the worlds richest people...

Got me thinking and taking a more accurate judgement of myself and what it is I choose to complain about from day to day... I used to sympathize and identify with "the 99%" thing because when compared with other Americans alone, I as well as probably all who are reading this, fall into that bottom 99%... But when I open my eyes and mind a little bigger and consider ALL the people of the world I see that I actually am closer to the 1%... All about perspective I guess.

I知 just what you made God.. ~Kid Cudi

John from Kentucky

Re: The 99% Vs The 1% The Rich Vs The Poor
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2014, 09:53:59 PM »

Jesus' words are Spirit.  He is not talking about literal rich and poor.

All the parables are about just one thing: a) the Elect, the called and chosen, and b) everyone else.

Jesus did not pray for the World.  His primary focus in this age is on His Elect, the very small true church.

It is in the next age, after the return of the King, that Jesus saves all others, physically and spiritually in all things.

The great false church teaches about the physical poor and how they are so important.  They blather on incessantly about that.  Jesus said we would always have the poor.  Rich and poor both worship physical riches.  They do not understand spiritual riches or worship the True God in Spirit and in Truth.
« Last Edit: January 07, 2014, 03:35:39 PM by John from Kentucky »

adiamondintheson

« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2014, 03:25:42 PM »

John...

I am a bit confused with your post.  You stated that Jesus was talking about a mans spirit and not his earthly wealth/ or lack of, and upon reading that portion from the Bible again, I do see where Jesus is talking about a man spiritual ability to pass through the gates of heaven (if you will)... but I feel... a couple of verse later, He is speaking about a person having great wealth or variations of wealth here on earth.  Because, the more wealth and individual has, the tendency, at least, is for that person to spend his wealth and become greatly involved in the investing of it, or, the joy of all that it can bring him, and forgetting God, how He may use whatever degree of wealth he has to help those that are not as wealthy, or that are in need, than, thanking and giving God the glory for allowing him to have the wealth in the first place.  Some other examples are found in Mark 9:41 For whosoever shall give you a cup of water to drink in my name, because ye belong to Christ, verily I say unto you, he shall not lose his reward... and.... Luke 10:30-36 And Jesus answering said, A certain man went down from Jerusalem to Jericho, and fell among thieves, which stripped him of his raiment, and wounded him, and departed, leaving him half dead. And by chance there came down a certain priest that way: and when he saw him, he passed by on the other side. And likewise a Levite, when he was at the place, came and looked on him, and passed by on the other side. But a certain Samaritan, as he journeyed, came where he was: and when he saw him, he had compassion on him, And went to him, and bound up his wounds, pouring in oil and wine, and set him on his own beast, and brought him to an inn, and took care of him. And on the morrow when he departed, he took out two pence, and gave them to the host, and said unto him, Take care of him; and whatsoever thou spendest more, when I come again, I will repay thee. Which now of these three, thinkest thou, was neighbour unto him that fell among the thieves?

If I understand correctly, these are dealing with an individuals wealth and use of it all the way from the use of a cup of cold water, to finances and time that were used to pay for the care of and helping someone who was hurting.  As Largeli said, a great percentage of us in the U.S. are very wealthy from a world wide viewpoint and need to be very cautious, in my opinion, of how, or what we spend our wealth on. 

One last quote from the scriptures would be: Matthew 6:19-21 Lay not up for yourselves treasures upon earth, where moth and rust doth corrupt, and where thieves break through and steal: But lay up for yourselves treasures in heaven, where neither moth nor rust doth corrupt, and where thieves do not break through nor steal: For where your treasure is, there will your heart be also.

One last comment, it is so easy to take any excess money, beyond our basic needs and spend on "toys", such as boats, campers, snowmobiles, etc. etc, etc... and forget the blessings in giving, because we have been told in the Scriptures, we cannot serve two gods at the same time.

Dennis & Connie

John from Kentucky

« Reply #3 on: January 07, 2014, 03:57:49 PM »

Hi Dennis and Connie,

Jesus said His words are Spirit and Life.  Only His Spirit can give understanding to those He chooses.

Most only understand on a carnal, physical, literal level.

Many believe that it was a literal talking serpent, that stood upright, talking to Eve.  They believe there were two literal trees in the garden.  That the Tree of Life was a real tree and that if you ate its fruits you could live forever.
They believe there was a literal burning sword that turned every way and guarded the Tree of Life.  Most people don't have a clue as to the true meaning of those symbols.

Many people believe Isaac was the Seed God promised to Abraham.  Yet, in the Book of Galatians, Paul reveals that the true Seed of Abraham was Jesus, and if Jesus is within us, we are the true descendants of Abraham---we are the Israel of God.

And on and on it goes throughout the Scriptures.  Only Jesus can teach and give understanding.

Not by might, nor by power, but by My Spirit, says the LORD Almighty.

lareli

« Reply #4 on: January 08, 2014, 05:50:53 PM »

All the parables are about just one thing: a) the Elect, the called and chosen, and b) everyone else.

Jesus did not pray for the World.  His primary focus in this age is on His Elect, the very small true church.

It is in the next age, after the return of the King, that Jesus saves all others, physically and spiritually in all things.

The great false church teaches about the physical poor and how they are so important.  They blather on incessantly about that.  Jesus said we would always have the poor.  Rich and poor both worship physical riches.  They do not understand spiritual riches or worship the True God in Spirit and in Truth.

John I read the first part of your post and I thought hmmm ok I see what Johns saying... Something to think about.

Then I read the last part and thought, "man that John from Kentucky is one cold dude." Im not saying you are a cold person or not, those are just my thoughts when reading your words, I dont know you. But of all the things to fault the "great false church" for, why mention their consideration for the poor? The "great false church" has shown my family love that actually put food on our table more than once. So maybe they arent the elect... maybe some are. But I know one thing, they've shown me love. And what does it matter whether someone understands all the mysteries of the bible and knows allll the hidden meanings of the parables if they dont have love for their neighbor it means absolutely nothing.

John from Kentucky

« Reply #5 on: January 09, 2014, 03:13:00 PM »

John I read the first part of your post and I thought hmmm ok I see what Johns saying... Something to think about.

Then I read the last part and thought, "man that John from Kentucky is one cold dude." Im not saying you are a cold person or not, those are just my thoughts when reading your words, I dont know you. But of all the things to fault the "great false church" for, why mention their consideration for the poor? The "great false church" has shown my family love that actually put food on our table more than once. So maybe they arent the elect... maybe some are. But I know one thing, they've shown me love. And what does it matter whether someone understands all the mysteries of the bible and knows allll the hidden meanings of the parables if they dont have love for their neighbor it means absolutely nothing.

I have been young, and now am old; yet I have not seen the righteous forsaken, nor his seed begging bread.  Psalm 37:25

...If anyone will not work, neither shall he eat.  2Th 3:10

That God, He's one cold dude.   ;D

lareli

« Reply #6 on: January 09, 2014, 10:40:16 PM »

John you might be able to make your point if you could show where God ever faulted a person or persons for showing love and compassion towards those less fortunate than themselves...

cjwood

« Reply #7 on: January 09, 2014, 11:03:09 PM »

well largeli, welcome to the john enigma.   ;D ;D ;D

claudia

John from Kentucky

« Reply #8 on: January 09, 2014, 11:24:57 PM »

John you might be able to make your point if you could show where God ever faulted a person or persons for showing love and compassion towards those less fortunate than themselves...

I just did.  Read again the verse from 2nd Thessalonians cited above.

Some men were not working but living off handouts from compassionate people in the local church.  Paul stopped the practice by teaching them God's way of no work--no food.

Sometimes love is a swift kick in the butt.  The great false church does not follow any of God's ways in the Scriptures.  They give handouts to people without teaching them to work.  It is false love.  But they appear good because their ruler poses as an angel of light.

Also, Jesus said not to let anyone know your good works but God alone.  But the false church always lets everyone know the works they do.  They do not follow Jesus.

Which is why Jesus says loud and clear Come out of her My people.  Get it?

John from Kentucky

« Reply #9 on: January 09, 2014, 11:28:23 PM »

well largeli, welcome to the john enigma.   ;D ;D ;D

claudia

I guess I should be happy that I'm the John enigma instead of the John enema?   :D

lareli

« Reply #10 on: January 10, 2014, 05:30:11 PM »

Some men were not working but living off handouts from compassionate people in the local church.  Paul stopped the practice by teaching them God's way of no work--no food.

Sometimes love is a swift kick in the butt.  The great false church does not follow any of God's ways in the Scriptures.  They give handouts to people without teaching them to work.  It is false love.  But they appear good because their ruler poses as an angel of light.

Also, Jesus said not to let anyone know your good works but God alone.  But the false church always lets everyone know the works they do.  They do not follow Jesus.

So is the verse you quoted from 2 Thessalonians talking about handouts to lazy people or charity towards the poor John?

John from Kentucky

« Reply #11 on: January 10, 2014, 06:09:47 PM »

So is the verse you quoted from 2 Thessalonians talking about handouts to lazy people or charity towards the poor John?

You decide how much you wish to follow the ways and examples of the great false church.

CEO

« Reply #12 on: January 11, 2014, 01:37:18 PM »

Hi

Matt 7:23 And then will I declare to them, 'I never knew you; depart from Me, you who practice lawlessness.

So this is what Jesus is saying to the many, the miracle workers, those who proclaim the name of  Christ and show his love through their acts of generosity?  Aren't 'the many' those to whom Jesus proclaimed 'depart?'  Physical matters, yes yes yes though spiritual matters a zillion times more.;  those whom Jesus fed physical food, the loaves and the fishes, didn't get it, Those to whom he is feeding spiritual food have a chance...

Askseeknock

Charles O

dave

« Reply #13 on: January 12, 2014, 03:28:58 AM »

"Jesus' words are Spirit." (John) Excellent response.  :) 

CEO

« Reply #14 on: January 12, 2014, 01:37:52 PM »

Hi again

Yesterday a late lunch reminded me of how much the physical matters, haha.  God has made us physical.  He is making us spiritual.  He uses the physical to teach us the spiritual.  1 cor 15:46 first the natural and physical, then the spiritual.  The Old Testament is physical,and necessary for our learning the truth;the New Testament is spiritual for those who see, and is our salvation.  Both are necessary.  Our lives are the old and the new, The OT and the NT the natural and the spiritual.  It takes one to teach us the other.

Thanks for starting this thread

Charles O

microlink

« Reply #15 on: January 12, 2014, 07:57:59 PM »

CEO
That is very good spiritual insight -  :)

lilitalienboi16

« Reply #16 on: January 12, 2014, 10:01:59 PM »

Definitely want to just chime In and say if you're looking at Christs words with out remembering the lessons we were given through ray about the 12 keys to understanding scripture then you're defin itely going to be missing thepoint of what is being said.

My words they are SPIRIT and they are life. The FLESH PROFITS NOTHING.
No verse of scripture is at all becoming its OWN interpetation.
The word is discerned comparing spiritual with spiritual.
In the mouth of two or three witnesses shall everyword be established.

Roughly paraphrased.
God is in control of ALL THINGS, that includes the financial situations of all His creation.

In Christ,
Alex
1 Cor 1:10 "Now I beseech you, brethren, by the name of our Lord Jesus Christ, that ye all speak the same thing, and that there be no divisions among you; but that ye be perfectly joined together in the same mind and in the same judgment."

lareli

« Reply #17 on: January 13, 2014, 12:32:44 AM »

Regardless of the parables.. It's a healthy change of perspective to realize that when comparing your wealth with your peers in society you may be poor, but when considering all Gods children you may be richer than 99% of the world.

Dave in Tenn

• FaceBook David Sanderson
« Reply #18 on: January 13, 2014, 01:51:49 AM »

Regardless of the parables.. It's a healthy change of perspective to realize that when comparing your wealth with your peers in society you may be poor, but when considering all Gods children you may be richer than 99% of the world.

That it is.
Heb 10:32  But you must continue to remember those earlier days, how after you were enlightened you endured a hard and painful struggle.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.041 seconds with 23 queries.