bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need Account Help?  Email bibletruths.forum@gmail.com   

Forgotten password reminders does not work. Contact the email above and state what you want your password changed to. (it must be at least 8 characters)

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: e-Sword and Concordant  (Read 10564 times)

Dennis Vogel

• Administrator
  • Bible-Truths Forum Member
e-Sword and Concordant
« on: January 10, 2014, 07:03:33 AM »

Is anyone using the most current version of e-Sword and have access to the Concordant version?

I was unable to make the two work together a few years ago and I'm still using the old e-Sword version.

microlink

Re: e-Sword and Concordant
« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2014, 01:22:52 PM »

Hi Dennis,
I am not sure this is helpful but.
I currently use the e-sword version 10.2.0 although I see that a version 10.2.1 is available.
When I look at downloadable bibles on e-sword, the CLV does not show up, and neither does Rotherhams.
Young's does show up and is downloadable into e-sword. Maybe the latest version has more downloadable items?

I have down loaded the CLV OT and NT onto my computer.
But I have to access them separately in different windows and click back and forth to view them, although I can re-size my windows to view them simultaneously. Works OK for me.
Sorry I could not be more helpful.
Joe

Dennis Vogel

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2014, 02:55:49 PM »

I have the old version of e-Sword on my computer and I'm thinking of making it available here because it has the Concordant version. This is not against their license:

"2. You may make copies for yourself and friends, provided that any distribution is also free."

I just want to make sure Concordant is not available on the current e-Sword version before doing so.

Abednego

« Reply #3 on: January 10, 2014, 03:06:38 PM »

I have it on my laptop at home. Using ver 10 but not sure which one, and have the CLV.  I'll check when I get home and post the version.

Dennis Vogel

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: January 10, 2014, 06:11:29 PM »

I have it on my laptop at home. Using ver 10 but not sure which one, and have the CLV.  I'll check when I get home and post the version.

I'll be curious if your Concordant file will work with the new version. My old version is 7.8.5

Can you attach the file in a reply here so someone here can see if it will work with the new version?

greenef

« Reply #5 on: January 10, 2014, 06:22:12 PM »

Dennis if you will go to the Tentmaker website, you can download the CLV and other versions that work fine with e-Sword version 9 and higher. That's where I got mine.
Hope this helps,
Frank

Abednego

« Reply #6 on: January 10, 2014, 10:16:16 PM »

My version is 10.2.1. Can't attach the file here, because it's too big.  You can get it from Dropbox here.

onelovedread

« Reply #7 on: January 11, 2014, 12:45:55 PM »

An incredibly easy way to get the CLV (entire OT and NT)
http://studybible.info/CLV

microlink

« Reply #8 on: January 11, 2014, 04:05:51 PM »

Thanks JohnChris. That is a real good web site for bible study.

Oatmeal

« Reply #9 on: January 11, 2014, 07:06:30 PM »

Hi Dennis

I am using e-Sword version 10.2.1 and have CLV and Rotherham installed.

The CLV is NOT available from "Download" on the menu at the top of e-Sword.

Once version 10.2.1 is installed, go to this site/link:

http://www.eswordlibrary.com/bible-versions/concordant-literal-bible-version/

Using the above link the "Concordant Literal Bible Version" link will be unavailable but the download button is further down the page.

Oatmeal
« Last Edit: January 12, 2014, 07:18:46 AM by Oatmeal »
From Micah 7:9:  By the grace and call of Yahweh I will bear the trials of the narrow way, because I have no love, until He fully shows me my sin and I am judged by Him.  He will bring me forth to the light, and I shall see His righteousness.

dave

« Reply #10 on: January 12, 2014, 03:26:06 AM »

I have the old version of e-Sword on my computer and I'm thinking of making it available here because it has the Concordant version. This is not against their license:

"2. You may make copies for yourself and friends, provided that any distribution is also free."

I just want to make sure Concordant is not available on the current e-Sword version before doing so.

When I had to get a new computer, my old one had the concordant on esword, I tried to get the concordant on my new one and could not, so yes I would like your assistance. Sorry if I cut in front of the line. :(

Dennis Vogel

• Administrator
« Reply #11 on: January 12, 2014, 11:01:22 AM »

When I had to get a new computer, my old one had the concordant on esword, I tried to get the concordant on my new one and could not, so yes I would like your assistance. Sorry if I cut in front of the line. :(

That's the same problem I had a few years ago.

theophilus

« Reply #12 on: January 15, 2014, 09:15:18 AM »

That's the same problem I had a few years ago.

I have the latest version of e-Sword. I downloaded the CLV module and worked well with e-Sword. Here's a pic of the Concordant Literal Version running on my computer:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B9V0HsU5Fm6rMDFXUURnbzMxZmN1NzlhWjN6RFBoU0pLOU9V/edit?usp=sharing

Here's what you do.

Close e-Sword if you have it open. Since the CLV Module is a self-extracting Winzip file (compressed file), once downloaded to your computer double click on it to execute it. Your computer will most likely warn you with a message saying "The publisher could not be verified. Are you sure you want to run this software?" Just click on Run. Another little window will pop up with the title "Winzip Self-Extractor - v9-clv.exe". This window will show the path to the e-Sword folder under which the module will be extracted (c:\Program Files\e-Sword). Don't change this path. Go ahead and click the button Unzip. The file will be unzipped to the specified path. Go ahead and close the window that says "1 file(s) unzipped successfully" by clicking the Ok button. Then close the window that shows the path to the e-Sword folder. Launch e-Sword and it should now show the newly-installed CLV module.

You can follow the same steps for the Rotherham Emphasized Version.

Here's the download link for the REV module: http://www.eswordlibrary.com/download/3506/

Clicking the above link will immediately download the module to your computer.

Try it. I hope you find my instructions clear.  ;)

Roger.
« Last Edit: January 15, 2014, 09:44:35 AM by theophilus »

dave

« Reply #13 on: January 16, 2014, 07:29:59 PM »

That sounds great theophilus, except I happen to be a computer dunce in the max. I don't/can't know how to get in Winzip. I have things in there I put in some how and I can't get them out none the least get them over to e sword. Like Rotherham. I had Rotherham along with the CLV on esword.  :(

theophilus

« Reply #14 on: January 16, 2014, 09:16:06 PM »

That sounds great theophilus, except I happen to be a computer dunce in the max. I don't/can't know how to get in Winzip. I have things in there I put in some how and I can't get them out none the least get them over to e sword. Like Rotherham. I had Rotherham along with the CLV on esword.  :(

No worries Micah. I work nights. When I get home from work, I will show you how to do it step by step. I do need to know which web browser you use.

Dennis Vogel

• Administrator
« Reply #15 on: January 17, 2014, 09:35:40 AM »

What I'm looking for are easy instructions for anyone. Then I'll start a new topic and pin it to the top for everyone from now on.

Abednego

« Reply #16 on: January 17, 2014, 11:14:44 AM »

What I'm looking for are easy instructions for anyone. Then I'll start a new topic and pin it to the top for everyone from now on.

There is one way I can think of, but I can't do it because it requires a paid version of WinZip which I do not own.  I will not pay for it, as I already use a different utility that I bought years ago.

That being said, WinZip gives you the option of making a self extracting .exe file.  When you create it you can specify where to place the unzipped file (ie C:\Program Files (x86)\e-Sword).  This obviously would not work for anyone who installs a program and changes the default settings on installation.  The good thing is this most likely this setting would not be changed by people unfamiliar with computers.  They would just accept all the default settings.

When you run the exe all you have to do is click unzip.  It places the bible file in the correct location and then the user clicks done.

That's all there is to it.  The only downside is the exe file is bloated slightly larger than the .zip file.  That should not be an issue now with most people on high speed connections these days.

**EDIT  OK, I have been using a program called Total Commander.  I started using it when it was called Windows Commander when Windows was 3.1. Changed the name when Bill took notice and threatened legal action.

This program can make self extracting files but you could never dictate where to unzip them.  Or so I thought, but I never used it so didn't pay attention (or maybe they just added it somewhere along the way).  Turns out I can.  If you want Dennis, I can make one for each version you want so you can make them available for download on the site.
« Last Edit: January 17, 2014, 11:27:12 AM by Abednego »

theophilus

« Reply #17 on: January 17, 2014, 01:52:04 PM »

Abednego, the files we're talking about are WINZIP EXECUTABLE files. You don't need to have Winzip installed on your computer to run these files.

Abednego

« Reply #18 on: January 17, 2014, 04:58:06 PM »

Abednego, the files we're talking about are WINZIP EXECUTABLE files. You don't need to have Winzip installed on your computer to run these files.

I'm not talking about running them. i'm talking about creating them. Rather than give someone a file and try to tell them how to install it, you can create an executable that will do that for them.  Basically, it does what you said in your other post here,
Since the CLV Module is a self-extracting Winzip file (compressed file), once downloaded to your computer double click on it to execute it.
but you can do it individually for any file just like the clv one you were talking about.

I think you confused micah7:9 with your long explanation.  It might have been better to say click unzip then click close.

The reason I brought it up is I have 12 different Bibles installed in my eSword, and I don't have the executables, this way they can be shared with others instead of sharing the file and trying to explain how to install it.

The method I am explaining is easier for non computer users.  I can create an executable.  When they run it they will see one box and all they have to do is click ok. Box disappears and file is installed. Done.

theophilus

« Reply #19 on: January 18, 2014, 04:16:31 AM »

Oooh! I thought the general interest was only those two bible versions. I have a program that creates executables too. Someone could download the other versions and zip them to make them available to the rest. My bad!
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.032 seconds with 23 queries.