bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need Account Help?  Email bibletruths.forum@gmail.com   

Forgotten password reminders does not work. Contact the email above and state what you want your password changed to. (it must be at least 8 characters)

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Was The Father in Charge when Jesus Christ was in the Heart of the Earth  (Read 5325 times)

cheekie3

All -

We know that the Father first created Jesus Christ; and thereafter the Father was in the Son creating everything else.

I was wondering about the time Jesus Christ was in the "Heart of the Earth" leading to his Death and Resurrection.

Was this the only time since the Father created Jesus Christ, that the Father was solely in charge of all things, especially while Jesus was dead.

Also, was the Father still controlling all things through His Son while Jesus Christ was in Human Form on the Earth.

I am just curious.

George.

John from Kentucky

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
Re: Was The Father in Charge when Jesus Christ was in the Heart of the Earth
« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2014, 03:45:36 PM »

All -

We know that the Father first created Jesus Christ; and thereafter the Father was in the Son creating everything else.

I was wondering about the time Jesus Christ was in the "Heart of the Earth" leading to his Death and Resurrection.

Was this the only time since the Father created Jesus Christ, that the Father was solely in charge of all things, especially while Jesus was dead.

Also, was the Father still controlling all things through His Son while Jesus Christ was in Human Form on the Earth.

I am just curious.

George.

Some of us believe in only One God.

Therefore we do not have to go through the mental gymnastics that your questions pose.

Nor do we drive ourselves crazy about which God we have to pray to.  Father or Jesus.  Zeus or Apollo.  Wodin or Thor.

dave

« Reply #2 on: January 13, 2014, 03:37:32 PM »

:) :) :)

Deborah-Leigh

« Reply #3 on: January 13, 2014, 03:55:45 PM »

;D

Dennis Vogel

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: January 13, 2014, 05:54:13 PM »

All -

I am just curious.

George.

A dead man cannot resurrect himself

lilitalienboi16

« Reply #5 on: January 13, 2014, 06:12:33 PM »

All -

I am just curious.

George.

A dead man cannot resurrect himself

Wisdom!
1 Cor 1:10 "Now I beseech you, brethren, by the name of our Lord Jesus Christ, that ye all speak the same thing, and that there be no divisions among you; but that ye be perfectly joined together in the same mind and in the same judgment."

santgem

« Reply #6 on: January 14, 2014, 09:04:25 AM »

Only one God........... :)

but we are all god........... ;D

Kat

« Reply #7 on: January 14, 2014, 01:05:06 PM »

All -

I am just curious.

George.

Hi George,

As you indicated the Son was a created being, as such He was/is/will be always totally and completely under the control of His Father, that is the sovereignty of the Father, but that is the Oneness They have as God.

John 5:19  Then Jesus answered and said to them, "Most assuredly, I say to you, the Son can do nothing of Himself, but what He sees the Father do; for whatever He does, the Son also does in like manner.

John 14:10  Do you not believe that I am in the Father, and the Father in Me? The words that I speak to you I do not speak on My own authority; but the Father who dwells in Me does the works.

John 7:16  Jesus answered them and said, "My doctrine is not Mine, but His who sent Me.

John 8:28  Then Jesus said to them, "When you lift up the Son of Man, then you will know that I am He, and that I do nothing of Myself; but as My Father taught Me, I speak these things.

1Cor 8:6  yet for us there is one God, the Father, from whom are all things and for whom we exist, and one Lord, Jesus Christ, through whom are all things and through whom we exist.

The Father started this creation with the Son and it will continue until all the sons and daughters He desires has been added to that family of God.

Rev 3:14  "And to the angel of the church of the Laodiceans write, "These things says the Amen, the Faithful and True Witness, the Beginning (G746) of the creation of God:

G746 archē - a commencement, or (concrete) chief (in various applications of order, time, place or rank): - beginning, corner, (at the, the) first (estate), magistrate, power, principality, principle, rule.

2Co 6:18  "I will be a Father to you,
       And you shall be My sons and daughters,
       Says the LORD Almighty."

mercy, peace and love
Kat

John from Kentucky

cheekie3

« Reply #9 on: February 05, 2014, 06:38:37 AM »

Moises -

I am sorry it has taken a while for me to respond to your question as to why I want go know what the situation with Almighty God was when Jesus was in the Heart of the Earth; and dead - but I have been meditating on this as it is difficult to explain clearly.

We know that Our Father is Life; and He birthed Jesus Christ - and together they created and made and control all things.

I want to know if the Scriptures are silent on this; or if Ray expounded on it.

I believe the sum of His Word confirms that as the One (unified) God, Our Father and Jesus were controlling all things while Jesus was a man 2000 years ago, even though Jesus emptied himself with some of His Glory.

I want to know if the Words Jesus spoke on the cross "Abba, Father, why hast thou forsaken me" are significant with regards Jesus being in charge of all things with His Father.

Could it be that before Jesus could die, The Father (the source of Life) had to leave Jesus and desert His Son.

I do not believe Jesus could be One with His Father and control all things while He was dead.

I hope I have explained this clearly.

George.
« Last Edit: February 05, 2014, 07:44:50 AM by cheekie3 »

Kat

« Reply #10 on: February 05, 2014, 12:10:38 PM »

Hi George,

I want to know if the Words Jesus spoke on the cross "Abba, Father, why hast thou forsaken me" are significant with regards Jesus being in charge of all things with His Father.

Could it be that before Jesus could die, The Father (the source of Life) had to leave Jesus and desert His Son.

Here is a email where Ray commented on this.

http://forums.bible-truths.com/index.php/topic,2775.0.html ---

No, David, neither do I believe that God "turned HIs back on His only Son."
There are those who teach it, however. Jesus quoted the first few words found
is Psalm 22 which goes on to describe just Who the Messiah was to be and the
purpose for Him being crucified.
God be with you,
Ray
-----------------------------------

Psa 22:1  To the Chief Musician. Set to "The Deer of the Dawn." A Psalm of David.
       My God, My God, why have You forsaken Me?
       Why are You so far from helping Me,
       And from the words of My groaning?
v. 2  O My God, I cry in the daytime, but You do not hear;
       And in the night season, and am not silent.
v. 3  But You are holy,
       Enthroned in the praises of Israel.
v. 4  Our fathers trusted in You;
       They trusted, and You delivered them.
v. 5  They cried to You, and were delivered;
       They trusted in You, and were not ashamed.
v. 6  But I am a worm, and no man;
       A reproach of men, and despised by the people.
v. 7  All those who see Me ridicule Me;
       They shoot out the lip, they shake the head, saying,
v. 8  "He trusted in the LORD, let Him rescue Him;
       Let Him deliver Him, since He delights in Him!"
v. 9  But You are He who took Me out of the womb;
       You made Me trust while on My mother's breasts.
v. 10  I was cast upon You from birth.
       From My mother's womb
       You have been My God.
v. 11  Be not far from Me,
       For trouble is near;
       For there is none to help.
v. 12  Many bulls have surrounded Me;
       Strong bulls of Bashan have encircled Me.
v. 13  They gape at Me with their mouths,
       Like a raging and roaring lion.
v. 14  I am poured out like water,
       And all My bones are out of joint;
       My heart is like wax;
       It has melted within Me.
v. 15  My strength is dried up like a potsherd,
       And My tongue clings to My jaws;
       You have brought Me to the dust of death.
v. 16  For dogs have surrounded Me;
       The congregation of the wicked has enclosed Me.
       They pierced My hands and My feet;
v. 17  I can count all My bones.
       They look and stare at Me.
v. 18  They divide My garments among them,
       And for My clothing they cast lots.
v. 19  But You, O LORD, do not be far from Me;
       O My Strength, hasten to help Me!
v. 20  Deliver Me from the sword,
       My precious life from the power of the dog.
v. 21  Save Me from the lion's mouth
       And from the horns of the wild oxen!
       You have answered Me.
v. 22  I will declare Your name to My brethren;
       In the midst of the assembly I will praise You.
v. 23  You who fear the LORD, praise Him!
       All you descendants of Jacob, glorify Him,
       And fear Him, all you offspring of Israel!
v. 24  For He has not despised nor abhorred the affliction of the afflicted;
       Nor has He (the Father) hidden His face from Him (Jesus);
       But when He (Jesus) cried to Him, He (the Father) heard.

v. 25  My praise shall be of You in the great assembly;
       I will pay My vows before those who fear Him.
v. 26  The poor shall eat and be satisfied;
       Those who seek Him will praise the LORD.
       Let your heart live forever!
v. 27  All the ends of the world
       Shall remember and turn to the LORD,
       And all the families of the nations
       Shall worship before You.
v. 28  For the kingdom is the LORD's,
       And He rules over the nations.
v. 29  All the prosperous of the earth
       Shall eat and worship;
       All those who go down to the dust
       Shall bow before Him,
       Even he who cannot keep himself alive.
v. 30  A posterity shall serve Him.
       It will be recounted of the Lord to the next generation,
v. 31  They will come and declare His righteousness to a people who will be born,
       That He has done this.

Jesus Christ knew full well what He had came in the flesh for and that was to offer Himself as a sacrifice. This was no cry for help, but maybe that part was actually a comfort to Him (verse 24) while carrying out most grievous part of God's plan for Him.

At a time of great duress, yet Jesus still spoke to express the actual fulfillment of the prophesy (in Psalms 22) that He was going through at that very moment. Realize that Jesus was just quoting the prophecy of how the Messiah must die and was not having dialogue or asking a question. Those people knew this Psalms very well and now His reference to it showed and documented, for them and us, that He knew He was fulfilling it.

From Ray's paper on '12 God-Given Truths to Understanding His Word' [truth #4] http://bible-truths.com/twelve.htm

Jesus did not fulfill the sacrificed sin offering only. Jesus was not merely one offering, but the many offerings, burnt offerings, the meat offering, the peace offerings, the trespass offering, and the sin offering. Jesus also prefigured the priest doing the offering, the meaning of each offering, the compartments and furniture of the tabernacle, the bread, the candles, the curtain, the ark of the covenant, the tabernacle itself, and the whole nation of Israel—Jesus prefigures all and FULFILLED ALL.

No one could comprehend every verse in the Old Testament Scriptures that represented Jesus, but they could learn the PRINCIPLE by which Jesus fulfilled all the law and all the prophets. And that is how the apostles and the two disciples on the road to Emmaus had their understanding of the Scriptures opened in just a very short time. When the Scriptures speak of Israel they speak of Jesus, and when they speak of Jesus they speak of us, for "…as Jesus is, so are we in the world" (I John 4:17).
-----------------------------------------------------

mercy, peace and love
Kat

« Last Edit: February 05, 2014, 04:41:24 PM by Kat »
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.027 seconds with 23 queries.