bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Forum related how to's?  Post your questions to the membership.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Suffering  (Read 4054 times)

Max

Suffering
« on: January 16, 2014, 01:45:33 AM »

There is no doubt that as followers of Christ, we need to suffer at some point. I have been confused in the past because I have heard messages that if we have pain and suffering, it is from God punishing us for our sins, but lately I have heard a lot more of people saying that God sends trials and suffering to the elect in this life. What exactly does this suffering entail? Sometimes I feel like I'm not suffering enough. Should I be looking to suffer?

santgem

Re: Suffering
« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2014, 03:39:01 AM »

There is no doubt that as followers of Christ, we need to suffer at some point. I have been confused in the past because I have heard messages that if we have pain and suffering, it is from God punishing us for our sins, but lately I have heard a lot more of people saying that God sends trials and suffering to the elect in this life. What exactly does this suffering entail? Sometimes I feel like I'm not suffering enough. Should I be looking to suffer?

Hello Max,
Greetings!

Good that you suffer less. Thank God for that. :)
Why should you look to suffer much if God wants you to suffer less.

The thing is........

1 Thessalonians 5

16Always be joyful. 17Never stop praying. 18Be thankful in all circumstances, for this is God’s will for you who belong to Christ Jesus.

19Do not stifle the Holy Spirit. 20Do not scoff at prophecies, 21but test everything that is said. Hold on to what is good. 22Stay away from every kind of evil.

rick

Re: Suffering
« Reply #2 on: January 16, 2014, 05:43:23 AM »

There is no doubt that as followers of Christ, we need to suffer at some point.   Should I be looking to suffer?

Hi Max,

I believe everyone in this life suffers , both believers and non believers. We are being given an experience of both good and evil. This experience is to humble us.

When I experience good, there is no suffering in that for me however when I experience evil I suffer.

We are being made in the image of God which requires both good and evil experiences.  I believe everyone’s life is predestine both believers and non believers and what ever God has predestine in each persons life will come to pass.

I never pray to God saying, please make me suffer today, just getting out of bed in the morning is suffering enough, wondering what the day may have in store for me.

Growing older, struggling with the affairs of this life, arguing with someone you love or feeling hunger pains or getting sick ,are forms of suffering.

Anyone that has ever lived on planet earth has, is or will experience suffering.

love and peace to all.

« Last Edit: January 16, 2014, 05:48:19 AM by Rick »
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.033 seconds with 20 queries.