bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Forum related how to's?  Post your questions to the membership.

Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Down

Author Topic: MCAT (May 8th) Please pray for me!  (Read 26060 times)

lilitalienboi16

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
MCAT (May 8th) Please pray for me!
« on: January 20, 2014, 12:57:07 AM »

Hey everyone, forum family,

I am starting my journey down the MCAT exam again. After the application cycle, I recieved secondary apps but was unable to secure any interviews.

I've signed up for the exam May 10th. I'm getting my gears back into motion and starting to get back into the swing of things of studying for this exam. I would greatly appreciate any and all prayers from now until then if you could spare them.

The only reason I ever embarked on the journey last time and did as good (for a person like myself) as I did was because of the power of God and the support of the body of Christ.

I Just need the strength and the fortitude to endure the long hours required of me during the time of preperation and the ability to absorb and understand what It is I am studying and, very importantly, remembering it all for the exam.

They say that on average, it takes taking the exam at least twice before you get a score that is satisfactory enough for medical schools so I'm praying and working towards that. This will be my second time and by the Grace of God the last time to get me into medical school.

Anyway, I thought i'd just bring it up to everyone attention even though it is 4-months away. I spent three months straightly, literally, the last time doing this and I'm looking at giving it the same amount of preparation this time around.

Both eyes on Christ!

Anyway thank you everyone and God bless,
Alex
« Last Edit: May 06, 2014, 02:52:21 PM by lilitalienboi16 »
1 Cor 1:10 "Now I beseech you, brethren, by the name of our Lord Jesus Christ, that ye all speak the same thing, and that there be no divisions among you; but that ye be perfectly joined together in the same mind and in the same judgment."

Rhys 🕊

• 🕊
    • Facebook
Re: MCAT (May 10th) Please pray for me!
« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2014, 01:45:50 AM »

I continue to pray for you with your studies and hope it all goes well

Blessings

Rhys
🤫

virginiabm

« Reply #2 on: January 20, 2014, 07:43:04 AM »

My prayers are with you also Alex.
        May God bless your efforts.

Virginia

lilitalienboi16

« Reply #3 on: January 21, 2014, 03:54:51 PM »

Thank you family :)
1 Cor 1:10 "Now I beseech you, brethren, by the name of our Lord Jesus Christ, that ye all speak the same thing, and that there be no divisions among you; but that ye be perfectly joined together in the same mind and in the same judgment."

AwesomeSavior

« Reply #4 on: January 22, 2014, 07:26:32 PM »

Praying   :)

acomplishedartis

« Reply #5 on: January 30, 2014, 05:19:39 AM »

Alex
Wish you the best on your exam!

My best way to study is becoming a weird mix between hack-drill style and 'when I am feeling it' style...
« Last Edit: February 01, 2014, 10:23:39 PM by Moises G. »

se7en

« Reply #6 on: January 30, 2014, 05:01:26 PM »

Alex,

Continually praying for you that the Lord absolutely give you the energy and wisdom you need to endure this test!

Looking forward to how well you do!
~Se7en

lilitalienboi16

« Reply #7 on: February 01, 2014, 06:08:28 PM »

Thank you both :)

I am forever in your debt dear brothers and sisters.

rickylittleton

« Reply #8 on: February 06, 2014, 08:01:43 AM »

You can do it! All of my children are in medicen, and my baby daughter is a air traffic controller in the navy, so hang in there, you can do it! Tim

lilitalienboi16

« Reply #9 on: February 13, 2014, 06:43:25 PM »

You can do it! All of my children are in medicen, and my baby daughter is a air traffic controller in the navy, so hang in there, you can do it! Tim

Thanks Tim! Only by the grace of God. There is just simply too much on this exam. It's mind boggling O_O

Loverly

« Reply #10 on: February 15, 2014, 11:05:51 PM »

Alex,

God has those steps ordered already and He has the power to getterdone! :)

"Holy Father, your resurrection power is always there in abundance for every need we have.  The Sabbath Rest for his spirit is always there so let Him praise You for doing it all in Your finished work,strength and power...."

Goooooooooo Jesus....and Alex! :D

lilitalienboi16

« Reply #11 on: March 19, 2014, 04:04:39 PM »

Alex,

God has those steps ordered already and He has the power to getterdone! :)

"Holy Father, your resurrection power is always there in abundance for every need we have.  The Sabbath Rest for his spirit is always there so let Him praise You for doing it all in Your finished work,strength and power...."

Goooooooooo Jesus....and Alex! :D

Thank you loverly for the kind words of encouragement. Still in the fight here, a month and half roughly to go.... have I ever told you all; there isn't enough time in a day?! Well there isn't...

lilitalienboi16

« Reply #12 on: April 21, 2014, 08:59:26 PM »

Only a few weeks left till my exam everyone! I've made great strides by the grace of God in my test taking skills as far as this exam is concerned. I'm averaging right now on the practice tests between a 32-35. Lord willing, I can repeat these high notes on the day of the exam. I'm still trying to study as often as I can but i'm feeling warn out after three months of rigerous mental gymnastics. I could certainly use all your prayers, the ones that have seen me through some very hard days, in these days leading up to the exam and on exam day. I thank everyone again who has taken the time out of their busy, and perhaps sometimes difficult days, to uplift a brother whose problems are perhaps trivial in light of the things going on around the world and even in the lives of some of our brothers and sisters in Christ.

A deep love to all my family. Your support, your prayers and your love will never be forgotten.

God bless,
Alex

wat

« Reply #13 on: April 21, 2014, 11:45:35 PM »

You're a better man than I am.  I can't imagine what it's like to study that much.  Just glad I'm done with school.  You're certainly in my prayers.

Rhys 🕊

• 🕊
    • Facebook
« Reply #14 on: April 21, 2014, 11:57:09 PM »

Continued prayers for you

Rhys
🤫

lilitalienboi16

Re: MCAT (May 8th) Please pray for me!
« Reply #15 on: May 06, 2014, 02:53:19 PM »

Thank you again everyone! I had to make a last minute change here, my exam is actually the 8th of may and NOT the 10th!! Apologies!! Today is my last practice test, tomorrow is a day of relation and some gym time followed by the exam on thursday!

I'm anxious, nervous, but excited also and ready to get this thing over with! Its been too long in the making.

acomplishedartis

« Reply #16 on: May 07, 2014, 12:41:23 AM »

Go on Alex!

Whatever happens. It's how it was suppose to happen. So you can only have a win - win outcome   :)

lilitalienboi16

« Reply #17 on: May 07, 2014, 05:26:47 PM »

Go on Alex!

Whatever happens. It's how it was suppose to happen. So you can only have a win - win outcome   :)

Thank you Moises, you are absolutely right! I can't help but worry sometimes. I'm still human!

Whatever comes of this will be it, I've done my absolute best and I am confident of this. I've given it my all by the grace of God. No one can call me a quitter! I tried twice! :) Heck, i'd give it a third shot if I had to but unfortunately the exam is undergoing some drastic changes for the year of 2015, including the addition of sociology, psychology, humanities, anthropology etc..  I simply do not have the intellectual background (I have no studied these subjects during my time in school) and so would be vastly under prepared for the revamped edition of the exam. I think I would go crazy trying to fit all those extra subjects into my tiny brain... besides I can't spend my whole life studying for exams.. eventually I have to move on and get to working!
« Last Edit: May 07, 2014, 05:32:22 PM by lilitalienboi16 »

lilitalienboi16

« Reply #18 on: May 11, 2014, 05:16:22 PM »

The nightmare is over everyone! Thank God! I will find out my exam score in roughly thirty days. Lord willing I get the score I need... I know I'll get the score the Lord has planned but I'm praying its the one I need to finally get me into medical school. No regrets. I'm happy its over.

I feel like I did really well on the biological sciences and strong on the verbal for what how I normally perform on it. The physical sciences was way out of left field, nothing like anything i"ve ever studied for or expected. From the consensus I got by speaking to other students who took the same exam I did, they were also of like mind on the physical sciences so I'm not too concerned as it will be curved and if everyone feels it was really hard then the curve will keep me in line with everyone else or above. God willing.

Anyhoo, I'm starting my applications all over again. Its a rather daunting task itself, letters of recommendation need to be sent, my transcripts from both colleges, my personal statement, my experiences, etc.. etc.. just lots of writing and driving around.

God bless everyone and thank you again for all your support. Much love!

Alex

Extol

« Reply #19 on: May 11, 2014, 05:58:03 PM »

Thanks for the update brother. I'm excited to find out the results!!
 :D
Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Up

Page created in 0.027 seconds with 22 queries.