bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need Account Help?  Email bibletruths.forum@gmail.com   

Forgotten password reminders does not work. Contact the email above and state what you want your password changed to. (it must be at least 8 characters)

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Down

Author Topic: MCAT (May 8th) Please pray for me!  (Read 26055 times)

lilitalienboi16

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
Re: MCAT (May 8th) Please pray for me!
« Reply #40 on: June 18, 2014, 01:02:23 AM »

Sounds great Rene!

Jesse, I would love that! It would be so great to be near to one or more of my brothers and sisters! God's will be done.

John, I think I can guess what school that is, Mr. Kentucky! ;)

Unfortunately I don't know what God has planned as I cannot read His mind and He has not told me what school I will get into if any. Though as I said, with boldness I take this next step forward, taking my good score to be a sign to continue down this path towards becoming a physician. That includes DO medical school's as well as both MD and DO's perform the same duties with equal potential.

DO is a very good option for me as I am, usually, though not for all schools, very well qualified. With MD schools, I fall somewhere in the middle or bottom of the list.

I thank you for the vote of confidence though John :)

God bless,
Alex
1 Cor 1:10 "Now I beseech you, brethren, by the name of our Lord Jesus Christ, that ye all speak the same thing, and that there be no divisions among you; but that ye be perfectly joined together in the same mind and in the same judgment."

lilitalienboi16

« Reply #41 on: July 02, 2014, 09:10:06 PM »

Update:

I've started receiving secondary applications today. I've been working on one of them so far for the past few hours. The quinnipac university.

Please pray for me, that I am able to find the right words to get across who I am to the admissions committees of the schools. The secondary apps are very important in determining whether an individual gets a coveted interview spot.

I have so many things I want to say but so little space allotted to me by the secondary applications so I will certainly need God's help in this. My words must be chosen and none wasted.

Thank you everyone again for your continued support and prayers. You can expect that I will continue to get secondary applications throughout the coming days and weeks and even months. I applied to 38 schools so its possible that more than half of these find it acceptable to offer me a secondary application. Each secondary is a time consuming effort so I have my work cut out for me. They are also expensive, 100$ for some of them! That's twice the cost of the primaries... Ouch!

I will keep you all posted if any of these go on to further offer me an interview position.

God bless and much love,
Alex
1 Cor 1:10 "Now I beseech you, brethren, by the name of our Lord Jesus Christ, that ye all speak the same thing, and that there be no divisions among you; but that ye be perfectly joined together in the same mind and in the same judgment."

Rhys 🕊

• 🕊
    • Facebook
« Reply #42 on: July 03, 2014, 02:13:14 AM »

Praying for you

all the best with it

Rhys
🤫

Riddles

« Reply #43 on: July 03, 2014, 05:47:51 PM »

Just prayed for you lilitalianboi.  :D
« Last Edit: July 03, 2014, 10:36:37 PM by Riddles »

loretta

« Reply #44 on: July 05, 2014, 12:53:12 AM »

Congratulations Alex, you made it thus far! :)

I can imagine the rigour you've gone through these past many months.  Here in India, students join med school at 17 and the competition is tough, given our numbers. So preparations start as early as 13 -14.  Poor kids don't have much of a life.  Thankfully my teen daughter isn't inclined towards the sciences, but she still has to have her nose in the books these days.

All the very best from here on.

HoneyLamb56

« Reply #45 on: July 05, 2014, 10:45:37 AM »

will pray

lilitalienboi16

« Reply #46 on: September 02, 2014, 11:19:42 PM »

Dear all,

Thank you for your continued prayer support and kind words to me. I am sorry I havnt given each of your the personalized responce your affection beckons.

I wanted to update you all on this endeavor of mine.

Over the past two months I recieved roughly 28 secondary appkications to the 38 schools I've applied to. Not a bad start. As things are now, I've not recieved any interviews. I've been put on hold at two schools, neither declined nor invited. I suppose its not bad news but its not good news either.

I've been tejected now from about 6 schools so that leaves rough 20 schools that are currently unaccounted for.

Now, today arrived,, the hold of the second school. These two schools are important though as todays' s was my top choice and very likely option given my competitiveness so I was disappointed to recieve this email of rejected for now, on hold possibly for later. Now for the first school, I was extremely qualified for academically considering my MCAT score and their requirement of a 22 to qualify. So, to be put on hold at two schools I felt I was fairly qualified seems like a sad affair as the rest of the schools I have not heard back from yet were tougher on their requirements and therefor less lilely to accept me.

While things are by no means over and God has the first, middle, and final say, I've begun contemplating where to go from here. Masters degree? Masterd , MCAT and try a third time for physician? Nursing program? Computer science (completely different field)? Since I do consider myself a father and a family man, I can't remain a student forever so I'm Praying if the Lord closes this door he direct me to the next available open one as I'd like to be able to provide for my family. I don't want to live with my parents forever, after all. This growing up business isn't an easy thing and I'm so greatful to have you all here to share my journey eith.

Thank you and God bless.
Alex

P.S. I typed this up on my phone so disregard the spelling and formating issues ;)

lilitalienboi16

« Reply #47 on: September 03, 2014, 12:46:01 PM »

Dear All,

It appears I inserted foot into mouth. By some strange turn of event and more likely, God having his good laughs at my expense, though I don't mind since we are that close ;), it appears Liberty University did send me an interview and I fly to Virginia for the scheduled interview of October 13th. If anyone is in virginia and could pick me up from an airport, that be pretty cool. Otherwise, I can arrange, a taxi, i'm sure.

God bless,
Alex

P.S. Please keep me in your prayers for this interview, its the only one thus far and maybe the only one i get, period, but it only takes one! God willing, lots of mercy so its a good interview that gets me in!
« Last Edit: September 03, 2014, 02:52:29 PM by lilitalienboi16 »

Rene

• Administrator
« Reply #48 on: September 03, 2014, 03:21:25 PM »

Hi Alex,   

I live in Virginia but Liberty University is over 3 hours from where I reside, so I will not be able to pick you up from the airport.  Sorry.  :(

Irony of Ironies, Liberty University was founded by Jerry Falwell who was a "big time" televangelist over the last 30 years and a contemporary of John Hagee and Dr. James Kennedy.  It is a University that proudly promotes it's "Christian" college education.  Not that this should have anything to do with your decision to go there. 

John from Kentucky

« Reply #49 on: September 03, 2014, 04:36:26 PM »

Hey Alex,

Liberty University?  Have you checked out their beliefs?

In your interview, be sure to have a clean cut, idiot Christian smile on your face (act like you've just had a lobotomy) and you should do well.

Tell them you would love to be an intern in an Ebola clinic in West Africa and bring Christianity to the heathens.

Do Not tell them that you do not believe in eternal hell fire.  After all, this is a Christian university.  Behave yourself.

John

lilitalienboi16

« Reply #50 on: September 03, 2014, 04:50:31 PM »

Hi Alex,   

I live in Virginia but Liberty University is over 3 hours from where I reside, so I will not be able to pick you up from the airport.  Sorry.  :(

Irony of Ironies, Liberty University was founded by Jerry Falwell who was a "big time" televangelist over the last 30 years and a contemporary of John Hagee and Dr. James Kennedy.  It is a University that proudly promotes it's "Christian" college education.  Not that this should have anything to do with your decision to go there.

Right, You all know I'm going to school to become a physician and learn the skills necessary to practice medicine and bring care to those less fortunate if God so wills.

Both of you, John and Rene, know, that I am grounded in the faith that God has given to me as a gift and I will not relent on my understanding nor turn my back on that gift. Christ first and foremost before all.

God knows full well what He is doing and if I must, as a lamb, enter the den of wolves, then I know the Lord will keep me safe and guard my heart through my education if it is His will that I attend there. Did not Jospeh's brothers sell him into slavery yet God meant it unto good to save many? I'm not claiming to be joseph or anyone at all important but I have no power over where God sends me or what schools give me an interview. I wish I did, believe me!

I am still waiting on roughly 20 other schools but they are, as I said, for the most part, some of the more difficult schools to enter. If it were God's will that I could pick a school to attend and it would be so, then I would have done that but unfortunately I do not control these things and it is God who decides where I get interviewed at. I can only pray His will be done and that He draw me closer to Him in my life as I pursue what it is he has placed on my heart.

My first and foremost desire would be to stay in california where my family is, my daughter, and relatives are, but if this is not possible then I can't simply abandon my pursuit of medicine simply because I must attend out of state, or even attend a school whose beliefs may very greatly from mine own.

Please keep me in your prayers.

John, I don't know what to make of your post in its entirety. Are you dissuading me from attending? Looking down upon me for having applied here? What is the meaning of your post? I did detect some of your tongue in cheek humor however ;)

I do appreciate the information you both provided though on the school. I knew it was a christian school, just not all the nitty gritty details and I honestly don't really know who Jerry Farwell is, other than what you said of him Rene.

God bless,

Alex

P.S. John, when looking at the school itself, I consulted with http://www.liberty.edu/lucom/index.cfm?PID=27153, which is the directory for their medical school.
« Last Edit: September 03, 2014, 04:56:35 PM by lilitalienboi16 »

lilitalienboi16

« Reply #51 on: September 03, 2014, 05:02:26 PM »

Rene, I would actually fly there October 11th, a Saturday, because I have to have a hotel and I'd like time to visit the campus which I could do the day prior--Sunday. This is the plan at least. They haven't sent me my itinerary yet but i'll keep you posted if for whatever reason you are available even just to meet up and chat for a little.
« Last Edit: September 03, 2014, 05:05:59 PM by lilitalienboi16 »

John from Kentucky

« Reply #52 on: September 03, 2014, 05:05:41 PM »

Sorry Alex,

I have a black belt with oak leaf clusters in humor, but most people cannot understand or appreciate my level of humor, although I make myself laugh all the time.

Please ignore my comments.  Most of my family are Christians so I just love them to death.  I am happy that I have influenced my two sons not to attend any church.

You do not know who Jerry Falwell was.  That makes me feel very, very old.  Thanks for the humor.

Go and do where you are led.  You have only one path that has already been set for you.  Take care,

John

zvezda

« Reply #53 on: September 03, 2014, 05:08:42 PM »

Hey Alex, check it out:
http://www.liberty.edu/financeadmin/auxiliaryservices/transitservices/index.cfm?PID=21011
see if you can use their shuttle service, it's only $10 from/to Lynchburg Airport round trip.
Good luck, not that you need it if God does plan to send you there  ;)

lilitalienboi16

« Reply #54 on: September 03, 2014, 05:10:27 PM »

Sorry Alex,

I have a black belt with oak leaf clusters in humor, but most people cannot understand or appreciate my level of humor, although I make myself laugh all the time.

Please ignore my comments.  Most of my family are Christians so I just love them to death.  I am happy that I have influenced my two sons not to attend any church.

You do not know who Jerry Falwell was.  That makes me feel very, very old.  Thanks for the humor.

Go and do where you are led.  You have only one path that has already been set for you.  Take care,

John

No need to apologize dear brother. Your humor is something I usually comprehend but sometimes it is over my head. I'm not THAT smart ;)

Either way, thank you for showing your care for me. I know it was the heart of the matter in your expressing. You care enough at least to tell me what is on your mind! Of that I am extremely appreciative for.

Anyway, if you pray for me, keep it real! Pray for me like you would yourself John. With those open rebukes, no nonsense, sometimes hard to follow kind of humor. I mean it, sincerely!

Love to you,
Alex

lilitalienboi16

« Reply #55 on: September 03, 2014, 05:11:47 PM »

Hey Alex, check it out:
http://www.liberty.edu/financeadmin/auxiliaryservices/transitservices/index.cfm?PID=21011
see if you can use their shuttle service, it's only $10 from/to Lynchburg Airport round trip.
Good luck, not that you need it if God does plan to send you there  ;)

wow great find Zvezda, thank you! I will certainly be keeping this handy when the time comes! :)

John from Kentucky

« Reply #56 on: September 03, 2014, 05:22:20 PM »

Sorry Alex,

John

No need to apologize dear brother. Your humor is something I usually comprehend but sometimes it is over my head. I'm not THAT smart ;)

Either way, thank you for showing your care for me. I know it was the heart of the matter in your expressing. You care enough at least to tell me what is on your mind! Of that I am extremely appreciative for.

Anyway, if you pray for me, keep it real! Pray for me like you would yourself John. With those open rebukes, no nonsense, sometimes hard to follow kind of humor. I mean it, sincerely!

Love to you,
Alex

Well Alex, you're kind of out of luck since I almost never, ever pray for myself.  Remember, there is only one prayer that God ever answers-----"Your (God's) will be done."

lilitalienboi16

« Reply #57 on: October 07, 2014, 12:54:36 AM »

Dear all,

I have some exciting news for you! Jesse and I will get the opportunity to spend some time together this weekend when I fly out for my interview on the 13th.

He is picking me up from the airport which is extremely kind of him considering it will be a three hour drive!!

Well I just thought i'd let you all know. I'll see if I can get a few pictures of us on my camera phone to share with you all here if anyone is interested. For those of you that are in the area, don't be shy if you feel like you want to join us!

Please keep me in your prayers. I know its always "thy will be done" but even if its only that, I am tremendously grateful.

God bless,
Alex

Extol

« Reply #58 on: October 08, 2014, 09:56:14 PM »

Dear all,

I have some exciting news for you! Jesse and I will get the opportunity to spend some time together this weekend when I fly out for my interview on the 13th.

He is picking me up from the airport which is extremely kind of him considering it will be a three hour drive!!

Well I just thought i'd let you all know. I'll see if I can get a few pictures of us on my camera phone to share with you all here if anyone is interested. For those of you that are in the area, don't be shy if you feel like you want to join us!

Please keep me in your prayers. I know its always "thy will be done" but even if its only that, I am tremendously grateful.

God bless,
Alex

Yes! Anyone in the area is welcome to join us...we'll be in Lynchburg, VA and Huntersville, NC (near Charlotte.) Good times.  8)

Extol

« Reply #59 on: October 08, 2014, 09:57:58 PM »

I don't know how much I'll be checking this website after tonight, so if anyone wants to join us in VA or NC feel free to give me a call or text message: 608.886.8383.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Up

Page created in 0.033 seconds with 23 queries.