bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need Account Help?  Email bibletruths.forum@gmail.com   

Forgotten password reminders does not work. Contact the email above and state what you want your password changed to. (it must be at least 8 characters)

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Highway to Heaven  (Read 4504 times)

loretta

Highway to Heaven
« on: February 01, 2014, 04:05:58 AM »

In US, Ohio, a motorcycle-loving man's family has fulfilled his dying wish — to be buried astride his beloved Harley-Davidson encased in a see-through casket. Bill Standley died of lung cancer Sunday at age 82.

But it wasn't easy. The project required an extra-large cemetery plot to accommodate a Plexiglas casket for Billy Standley and his hulking custom-painted 1967 Electra Glide cruiser. Five embalmers worked to prepare his body with a metal back brace and straps to ensure he'll never lose his seat.

Standley told his family his motorcycle helped him retain his sense of adventure after he settled down to raise four children, which was quite a compromise for the man who made his start at 13 as ranch hand and rodeo rider. Standley's family said he'd been talking about it for years and liked to take people to the garage to show off the unusual casket his two sons had built for him. He told people he didn't just want to ride off to heaven, he wanted the world to see him do it in the big see-through box!

Check out the pictures at
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2549505/Highway-heaven-Ohio-biker-buried-astride-1967-Harley-Davidson-huge-transparent-casket.html

Now this is one guy who doesn't believe in the destruction of the flesh!   ;D

Rhys 🕊

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
  • 🕊
    • Facebook
Re: Highway to Heaven
« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2014, 04:46:40 AM »

Now this is one guy who doesn't believe in the destruction of the flesh!   ;D

That's for sure.

That beautiful bike buried......what a loss  ;D

Rhys
🤫

Dennis Vogel

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2014, 06:32:36 AM »

"Standley told his family his motorcycle helped him retain his sense of adventure"

I've ridden motorcycles off and on all my life and I understand this.

Rene

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: February 01, 2014, 10:28:00 AM »

An "idol of the heart" that went all the way to the grave.  I foresee he is going to be really embarrassed by this one day in the next age. ;)

René

Abednego

« Reply #4 on: February 01, 2014, 07:48:38 PM »

I've ridden motorcycles off and on all my life and I understand this.

I can understand this.  This is one of those things that falls into the "if I have to explain it to you, you aren't going to understand it" categories.

rickylittleton

« Reply #5 on: February 02, 2014, 06:02:27 PM »

Guess he didn't won't anyone else to ride it!
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.024 seconds with 24 queries.