bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Forum related how to's?  Post your questions to the membership.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Oatmeal and Indianabob  (Read 3572 times)

theophilus

Oatmeal and Indianabob
« on: February 02, 2014, 08:53:05 AM »

Good points Oatmeal and Indianabob. I especially liked the part about being called to also suffer for Christ. Easier said than done, of course, especially when an infidelity has occurred. You can't possibly have an idea what it is like unless you have lived it yourself.

I do think that the vows need to be revised. They are not biblical IMO. Or maybe I missed the chapter and verse that teach "till death do us part". I'll look again.

I heard Ray mentioned marriage to be a "contract". I agree. And following this definition, contracts have clauses that the parties involved must uphold or abide by. If any party violates one or more clauses, the contract is broken. But no contract is for life. We are human. By definition, we are flawed; therefore, sooner or later someone is gonna mess up. The contract gets broken.

But wasn't God's will that brought them together? And isn't God's will that brought them apart too? The couple became one flesh at marriage. But what happens when either spouse cheats? or BOTH cheat? Is the one flesh still one flesh? It is my opinion that it is not so. The cheating spouse has joined another physically and spiritually. Not only something gets broken on the outside; something on the inside of each person is broken. I can't put it in words. I lack the language to do so.

I understand that believers are polarized on this subject. It's too close to the heart. I cannot nor do I attempt to convince anyone about my opinion/belief. I cannot be convinced to the opposite either. I can only voice my belief and respectfully listen to the belief of others.

On this note, I thank you again for your points, Oatmeal and IndianaBob. God bless. Ciao!

Oatmeal

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
Re: Oatmeal and Indianabob
« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2014, 06:16:57 PM »

Hi Theophilus

Before you look at the Scriptures again perhaps you should first consider if there is any possibility that your emotional pain is shaping your beliefs.
From Micah 7:9:  By the grace and call of Yahweh I will bear the trials of the narrow way, because I have no love, until He fully shows me my sin and I am judged by Him.  He will bring me forth to the light, and I shall see His righteousness.

theophilus

Re: Oatmeal and Indianabob
« Reply #2 on: February 08, 2014, 10:43:24 AM »

Hi Theophilus

Before you look at the Scriptures again perhaps you should first consider if there is any possibility that your emotional pain is shaping your beliefs.

Hi Oatmeal, the "potential" is there but the possibility is conspicuous by its absence.  ;D
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.043 seconds with 19 queries.