bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Forum related how to's?  Post your questions to the membership.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Breaking the chain of violence against women  (Read 3508 times)

loretta

Breaking the chain of violence against women
« on: February 07, 2014, 12:56:42 AM »

Valentine’s day is being observed annually as a global movement of women rising up against the violence perpetrated against them.  Choreographed to the movement’s anthem, Breaking the Chain, the dance is being performed all over the world. http://2013.onebillionrising.org/blog/we-have-an-anthem. We know that we cannot fight evil and the sovereign purposes of God with some dance moves, however compelling the reason.  But still, I can’t help feel a warmth in seeing women and men uniting in purpose for a noble cause.  These things are for the world and have a purpose, good or bad and I endorse it.

Rhys 🕊

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
  • 🕊
    • Facebook
Re: Breaking the chain of violence against women
« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2014, 02:37:41 AM »

Got to support anything against violence on women

Rhys
🤫

rick

« Reply #2 on: February 09, 2014, 11:35:57 PM »

Hi Loretta,

we can all agree violence against women is clearly wrong but also against men too and animals.
The more I understand the sovereignty of God the more I understand everyone’s action are the outworking of God’s intention.

I agree with Rhys, got to support anything against violence against women but after the dance is over and the song is sung, will it nullify Isa 45: 7 ?

Isa 45:7  I form the light, and create darkness, I make peace, and create evil: I the Lord that do all these things.

Here are some of the lyrics from break the chain below.

I can see a world where we all live
Safe and free from all oppression ..........?
No more rape or incest, or abuse
Women are not a possession

Rev 21:4  And God shall wipe away all tears from their eyes: and death shall be no more. Nor mourning, nor crying, nor sorrow shall be any more, for the former things are passed away.

Rev 21:5  And he that sat on the throne, said: Behold, I make all things new. And he said to me: Write. For these words are most faithful and true.

peace and love to all.

loretta

« Reply #3 on: February 11, 2014, 02:46:36 AM »

Who knows Rick?  Even this movement is of God.  Maybe it will bring about a respite for women for a season and cause them to live free, as it were, bringing on a greater unleash of evil.  God forbid, I have 2 daughters!  But in the end, it will be good, hard and painful as it is.

But I like the song, very catchy.  My older girl is already bopping to it, while she organizes a program to commemorate the event at her school :)
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.049 seconds with 22 queries.