bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Forum related how to's?  Post your questions to the membership.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Our innermost driving ambition  (Read 4184 times)

cheekie3

Our innermost driving ambition
« on: February 07, 2014, 06:07:30 AM »

All -

When I watch, listen or read Ray Teaching God's Truths, I believe his innermost driving ambition is to always obey God.

Mine is for aim to always please Him in all that I think, say and do.

What do you all believe our innermost driving ambition should be based on The Holy Scriptures.

George.
« Last Edit: February 07, 2014, 07:39:24 AM by cheekie3 »

Rene

• Administrator
  • Bible-Truths Forum Member
Re: Our innermost driving ambition
« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2014, 11:53:25 AM »

Hi George,

This is the first scripture that came to mind:

Eccl.12:13

"The conclusion of the matter—the whole, let us hear,—Towards God, be reverent, and, his commandments, observe, for, this, [concerneth] all mankind." (Rotherham)

"The end of the matter; all has been heard. Fear God and keep his commandments, for this is the whole duty of man." (ESV)

However, the ability to do this comes with a caveat. 

Phil. 2:13

"For it is God who works in you, both to will and to work for his good pleasure."(ESV)

Of our own, we can do nothing good. 

René

Kat

« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2014, 01:32:15 PM »

Mar 12:28  One of the teachers of religious law was standing there listening to the discussion. He realized that Jesus had answered well, so he asked, "Of all the commandments, which is the most important?"
v. 29  Jesus replied, "The most important commandment is this: `Hear, O Israel! The Lord our God is the one and only Lord.
v. 30  And you must love the Lord your God with all your heart, all your soul, all your mind, and all your strength.'
v. 31  The second is equally important: `Love your neighbor as yourself.' No other commandment is greater than these."
v. 32  The teacher of religious law replied, "Well said, Teacher. You have spoken the truth by saying that there is only one God and no other.
v. 33  And I know it is important to love Him with all my heart and all my understanding and all my strength, and to love my neighbors as myself. This is more important than to offer all of the burnt offerings and sacrifices required in the law."
v. 34  Realizing this man's understanding, Jesus said to him, "You are not far from the Kingdom of God." And after that, no one dared to ask Him any more questions.

mercy, peace and love
Kat

Joel

« Reply #3 on: February 07, 2014, 02:54:45 PM »

Micah 6:8- He hath shewed thee, O man, what is good; and what doth the Lord require of thee, but to do justly, and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with thy God?

Joel

acomplishedartis

« Reply #4 on: February 07, 2014, 04:10:14 PM »

v. 30  And you must love the Lord your God with all your heart (1), all your soul (2), all your mind (3), and all your strength (4).'

(CLV) And, You shall be loving the Lord God out of your whole heart, and out of your whole soul, and out of your whole comprehension, and out of your whole strength. This is the foremost precept."

(Jonathan Mitchell-NT)  'And so, you folks will be loving [the] Lord [= Yahweh] your God from out of the midst of your whole heart, and from out of the midst of your whole soul, and from out of the midst of your whole intellect (throughout the midst of your entire comprehension and full mental ability), and from out of the midst of your whole strength.'

For me, number 3 is the most difficult.

Rhys 🕊

• 🕊
    • Facebook
« Reply #5 on: February 07, 2014, 05:49:22 PM »

I like this one:

Eph 4:29  Let no corrupting talk come out of your mouths, but only such as is good for building up, as fits the occasion, that it may give grace to those who hear.
Eph 4:30  And do not grieve the Holy Spirit of God, by whom you were sealed for the day of redemption.
Eph 4:31  Let all bitterness and wrath and anger and clamor and slander be put away from you, along with all malice.
Eph 4:32  Be kind to one another, tenderhearted, forgiving one another, as God in Christ forgave you.

Rhys
🤫

rick

« Reply #6 on: February 07, 2014, 06:48:57 PM »

Hi George.

Awesome topic, George,

I want to say, what came to mind after reading your question, I would sum up the driving force in me by saying to you this.

Understanding in a clearer way, who God is, what God is doing with his creation and how he made me.

It’s no accident you or I or any of us are here on this particular site know as Bible truths.
For me , it’s a special kind of joy knowing first it was God who called me, I had nothing to do with my calling.

2nd I know I cannot alter my future on my own without God directing my path. The driving force in me cannot be narrowed to any one given thing because everything is God’s doing.

He, God , dragged me to Himself, He, God gave me the desire to follow and it’s God who also gives me the joy that comes from following and the security knowing He is a very loving God who has not forsaken His creation.

That He, God, our heavenly father will not and never had any intention of making His creation suffer in fire forever and that it was a hoax all along, passed down from those who use deception.
That we have not a will that is independent of God’s will , I could go on and on.

The driving force in me is God, and we all have one awesome God, who really is a God of pure Love.

1Jn 3:20  for whenever our heart condemns us, God is greater than our heart, and he knows everything.

Great topic George.

Peace and love to all.  :)
« Last Edit: February 07, 2014, 09:13:55 PM by Rick »

Dave in Tenn

• FaceBook David Sanderson
« Reply #7 on: February 08, 2014, 12:30:20 AM »

The last "message" I remember from Ray before he went into the hospital for the last time was that he just wanted to do the will of God.  That's good enough for me.
Heb 10:32  But you must continue to remember those earlier days, how after you were enlightened you endured a hard and painful struggle.

santgem

« Reply #8 on: February 09, 2014, 03:04:04 AM »

Many times I am in deep weary and are heavily burdened, and Jesus always to the rescue and gives me rest. Come to Jesus!
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.028 seconds with 23 queries.