bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need Account Help?  Email bibletruths.forum@gmail.com   

Forgotten password reminders does not work. Contact the email above and state what you want your password changed to. (it must be at least 8 characters)

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Random Questions  (Read 3483 times)

Nelson

Random Questions
« on: February 08, 2014, 06:31:52 PM »

Ola

1)What do you guys think about donating blood as follower of Jesus?I know my NIV says we mst stay away from blood(unless this is another parable of sum sort, forgot where the scripture is)

2)Is it lawfull as a follower to Circumcise for medical reasons.  Are their(doctors) reasons correct when they say men should circumsie to avoid some kind of STD'S or whatever.  Please note guys, for medical reasons, not spiritual reasons.

3)John 20:23-'If you forgive anyone his sins, they are forgiven; if you do not forgive them, they are not forgiven.'Is this verse correct?where the desciples given power not to forgive?I'm confused.I thought we shud forgive.

4)Elections are cuming up and i'm not really interested in voting.  My mother says i shud vote as a citizen of the country.what do you guys think from a followers point of view?

Dave in Tenn

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
    • FaceBook David Sanderson
Re: Random Questions
« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2014, 08:12:59 PM »

http://forums.bible-truths.com/index.php/topic,3166.0.html

> Ray, the Jehovah Witness religion does not believe in taking blood for 'any
> reasons.' The faith says to take blood is sinful. Is it?
>
> My sister is in need of a blood transfusion to save her life. She won't take it
> because of her Jehovah Witness faith. The decision is ALL hers. I'm not of this
> faith but I would like to know what's your view on this topic. Would love to
> have Scriptures backing it or refuting it.
>
> Frankie

Dear Frankie:
The Scriptures tell us not to drink blood for food or religious purposes or to digest it in our stomach, which has nothing to do with taking blood of the very same type in the form of an transfusion, where no digestion takes place.
God be with you,
Ray

-------------------------------

2)Is it lawfull as a follower to Circumcise for medical reasons.  Are their(doctors) reasons correct when they say men should circumsie to avoid some kind of STD'S or whatever.  Please note guys, for medical reasons, not spiritual reasons.

There are benefits and costs to medical circumcision.  It is 'lawful' for a follower of Christ to weigh them soberly and arrive at a decision.  Just me talking, but if a grown man has lived uncircumcised, he has lived long enough to learn how to clean himself.  And if he's a baby, he hasn't.

--------------------------------

You've misquoted even the KJV in John 20:23.

--------------------------------

The subject of voting comes up fairly frequently.  I'm going to link you to a couple of quite recent discussions and ask that "THIS THREAD" not become a rehash of positions.  I don't give a rat's tuckus what anybody else thinks or does, to be honest, Max.  Ray talked about not being involved in the politics of a foreign nation as an Ambassador of Christ.  Is your mother an Ambassador of Christ?  Are you?  You have to do what you have to do.

http://forums.bible-truths.com/index.php/topic,15349.0.html

http://forums.bible-truths.com/index.php/topic,15470.msg138235.html#msg138235

« Last Edit: February 10, 2014, 02:38:07 AM by Dave in Tenn »
Heb 10:32  But you must continue to remember those earlier days, how after you were enlightened you endured a hard and painful struggle.

John from Kentucky

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
Re: Random Questions
« Reply #2 on: February 10, 2014, 02:51:53 PM »

The only way someone gets my blood is if they take it from me.  :D
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.039 seconds with 22 queries.