bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Forum related how to's?  Post your questions to the membership.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: over-population??? ( just wondering... )  (Read 6011 times)

acomplishedartis

over-population??? ( just wondering... )
« on: February 11, 2014, 04:32:25 AM »

Hi to all.

I wonder what do you guys think on the little subject of over-population. I have seen a couple documentaries, and take a little from here and from there (not an expert at all), but wish to know your opinion.

Sometimes it feels as if bringing somebodyelse into the world is not one of the best ideas ever and that maybe would be better to adopt. Other times, it feels that they  are just over-reacting. The speed rating of growing cities simply amaze me.

Seems to me that God wish to eventually have a very BIG family.   :)
« Last Edit: February 11, 2014, 04:27:03 PM by Moises G. »

Rhys 🕊

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
  • 🕊
    • Facebook
Re: Over-population. (Just wondering...)
« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2014, 05:01:36 AM »

It's God's will

Not one person more or less will there be. That number God already put in place.

There cannot be too many people or too few only the right amount.

People that have concerns about this don't know God.

You could have 100 children and will still make no difference except your house will be over populated  ;D

Rhys
🤫

acomplishedartis

Re: Over-population. (Just wondering...)
« Reply #2 on: February 11, 2014, 04:25:16 PM »

Good point Rhys.

''There cannot be too many people or too few only the right amount''

EVERYONE is 'good-potencial-material' for greatness in the hands of the Good Potter!
« Last Edit: February 11, 2014, 04:27:32 PM by Moises G. »

lareli

Re: over-population??? ( just wondering... )
« Reply #3 on: February 11, 2014, 05:32:58 PM »

Its a difficult task to be able to excercise control and authority over 7 billion people. That is the real problem with overpopulation. Has little to do with resources or sustainability.

I’m just what you made God.. ~Kid Cudi

Dave in Tenn

• FaceBook David Sanderson
« Reply #4 on: February 11, 2014, 07:48:16 PM »

Moises, I've moved a post in this thread with a long quotation for review.  It may or may not be returned. 
Heb 10:32  But you must continue to remember those earlier days, how after you were enlightened you endured a hard and painful struggle.

Dave in Tenn

• FaceBook David Sanderson
« Reply #5 on: February 11, 2014, 07:56:45 PM »

What kind of response is expected?  That I am 100% in favor of over-population?   ???

I am actually 100% in favor of population, though I've done nothing to contribute to it except be born. 

Does over-population exist?  Aren't there sometimes too many people somewhere?  I reckon 'it' doesn't exist, except where 'it' does. 

« Last Edit: February 11, 2014, 08:32:30 PM by Dave in Tenn »
Heb 10:32  But you must continue to remember those earlier days, how after you were enlightened you endured a hard and painful struggle.

Abednego

« Reply #6 on: February 11, 2014, 09:29:40 PM »

My wife's cousin and husband worked for the State Department and spent a while in Hong Kong. I've always heard about the population, but it was cool to hear stories and see pictures from ground level. That's the kind of stuff you won't see in the paper or National Geographic.

Sorry for off topic, just wanted to share that.  I know Ray mentioned in one of his papers that God decides where you live.  God never ceases to amaze me.

acomplishedartis

« Reply #7 on: February 11, 2014, 09:34:00 PM »

Its a difficult task to be able to excercise control and authority over 7 billion people. That is the real problem with overpopulation. Has little to do with resources or sustainability.

Yes, more people leads to more social-control and over-organization. And that kind of eviroment makes it more

dificult for people to exercise independent thinking.
« Last Edit: February 11, 2014, 09:55:03 PM by Moises G. »

acomplishedartis

« Reply #8 on: February 11, 2014, 09:46:09 PM »

What kind of response is expected?  That I am 100% in favor of overpopulation?   ???

I am actually 100% in favor of population, though I've done nothing to contribute to it except be born. 

Does over-population exist?  Aren't there sometimes too many people somewhere?  I reckon 'it' doesn't exist, except where 'it' does. 

Hi Dave,
Thanks for giving a review to that quote. It sure will be helpfull to know if that quote can be taken serious. The reason I posted it was because it would add somewhat perspective to the thread.

This time I am not expecting any specific response, I am just bringing a subject for opening conversation and see what good we can take from it. I think this is an interesting subject for the times we live at.

Popular wisdom sometimes try to tell us that there is way too many people as if certain groups of people should have never been born, or don't deserve to be at certain places on earth. I just thought it might be good, time to time, to give this issues a second thought and see things for what they are.

I am with you Dave, a 100% in favor of population, after all, Jesus died for all and agapao them ALL.

« Last Edit: February 11, 2014, 09:59:59 PM by Moises G. »

Joel

« Reply #9 on: February 11, 2014, 10:54:53 PM »

Genesis 1:28-And God blessed them, and God said unto them, Be fruitful, and multiply, and replenish the earth , and subdue it:
I reckon God is, and always has been in charge of his creation.
He took care of those that were at the tower of Babel, and sent them packing to different areas of the world.
He brought judgment on those alive during the time of the flood.
I don't recall a chapter and verse where God discusses planned parent hood. Though he did close and open some wombs that are recorded.
I think overcrowding probably is a relative subject.

Joel

loretta

« Reply #10 on: February 12, 2014, 04:20:58 AM »

True, if you came to India you would think the world was over populated.  If I went over to the US, I would think the world was underpopulated.

You could have 100 children and will still make no difference except your house will be over populated  ;D

Michelle Duggar, star of TLC's reality show, "19 Kids and Counting", makes a case for more kids. http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/03/29/duggars-overpopulation_n_1387640.html

Moises, your question is pertinent . Although it is a secular vs religious thing, debunking the myth of overpopulation is the need of the hour.  If we squeezed close, everyone in the world could stand shoulder-to-shoulder on the island of Zanzibar. http://www.pop.org/content/debunking-myth-overpopulation

acomplishedartis

« Reply #11 on: February 13, 2014, 04:50:45 AM »

The best take I could probably get from this lately thoughts regarding the rapid increasing numbers of people living

on earth, is to remind my self that God really have No respect of persons (partiality), but people do, and after

watching carefull at my self (even so unconsciously) I have diminished people less worthy than others for walking

this earth, I do realize that the reasons were because the way I was raised and because of wrong preconceived

ideas. Now that I realize it, I repent of that.

God have a plan for everybody's life (in all countries, all races, all colors), and He loves them very much, not for

what they are now, but for what they will become eventually... This is God's planet and wherever I go and in

whoever I met, I can see at least a slice of God.

ps. Honestly, I would not even bother to try to figure out how to solve any problem of overpopulation/overcrowding my self, not my job, nothing in my power that I can do, I leave that problems for the governments and ultimately, it's really God's bussines. For the now I just have many other more personal problems to deal with on my daily life.
« Last Edit: February 14, 2014, 04:19:29 AM by Moises G. »

indianabob

« Reply #12 on: February 13, 2014, 10:47:50 PM »

Hi Loretta,
I did the math and 6,000,000,000 people on the Island of Zanzibar would allow for less than 5 square feet per person. So where would you put the trees, the crops, the cows, sheep & chickens, the streams of fresh water and the "waste disposal"; especially the waste disposal.  ::)

True, if you came to India you would think the world was over populated.  If I went over to the US, I would think the world was underpopulated.

Michelle Duggar, star of TLC's reality show, "19 Kids and Counting", makes a case for more kids. http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/03/29/duggars-overpopulation_n_1387640.html

Moises, your question is pertinent . Although it is a secular vs religious thing, debunking the myth of overpopulation is the need of the hour.  If we squeezed close, everyone in the world could stand shoulder-to-shoulder on the island of Zanzibar. http://www.pop.org/content/debunking-myth-overpopulation

loretta

« Reply #13 on: February 13, 2014, 11:08:31 PM »

Guess its just rhetoric, Bob, like everything else is! :)  ;)
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.047 seconds with 24 queries.