bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need Account Help?  Email bibletruths.forum@gmail.com   

Forgotten password reminders does not work. Contact the email above and state what you want your password changed to. (it must be at least 8 characters)

Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down

Author Topic: Repent! The End Is Near..  (Read 18911 times)

lareli

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
Repent! The End Is Near..
« on: February 11, 2014, 06:05:14 PM »

Im curiouse to know if anyone thinks the end of the world is near... Not "nearer than when we first believed" that is obvious. Every day that passes is nearer than when we first believed. I know that most people on here agree with Rays teachings when it comes to the lake of fire, hell, universal salvation... But what about this..

Ray wrote..
Over the years I have been asked many times whether or not I thought the end of this world was near and the coming of our Lord was at hand? This question is usually asked with reference to some recent happening in the world, such as a war or rumor of wars, bad weather, famine, a new potential disease epidemic, some huge earthquake, volcano, hurricane, or a tsunami. These events are general, and have been with us for thousands of years. So my answer was always pretty much the same: "No, I do not believe that the end of the world is near, but certainly "…now our salvation is nearer than when we believed" (Rom.13:11). But that all changed on "September 11, 2001." This to me was not a "general" catastrophic happening as has been witnessed time and again, but this was a very specific catastrophe unlike anything before it.

Back in 2002 I gave a short lecture on 9-11. I now wish to make public to our readers the prophetic implications of this colossal disaster, as I believe is attested to in the Book of Isaiah.

Maybe Im understanding this wrong but to me it looks like Ray not only believed the end is near but that 9/11 had prophetic implications that are attested to in the book of Isaiah..

To my knowledge this may be the one teaching of Rays that not everyone agrees with, which makes it interesting.

Do you agree with Ray that 9/11 was written about by Isaiah thousands of years ago? That America is being judged by God and that God will bring down this nation unless we ALL repent?

Ray wrote..

Mr. Graham could have said: "Those majestic Towers, built on solid physical foundations, were examples of GOD’S undeserved prosperity gift to America. But because we did not consider God to be the SPIRITUAL foundation of our success and prosperity, GOD BROUGHT DOWN THOSE TOWERS, just as He will BRING DOWN THIS NATION, if we do not "ALL LIKEWISE REPENT."
I’m just what you made God.. ~Kid Cudi

rick

Re: Repent! The End Is Near..
« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2014, 07:17:50 PM »

Hi Largeli,

Great topic, I use to think about when the world would end, then I thought when will Christ  come back. I remember reading that Ray said  9/11 was a significant date.

I believe the world ends everyday when a person dies, for that one the world has truly ended. My personal belief is that the world will never end. But I do believe that the social and financial order will come to and end when Christ returns.

The apostles asked this very question to Jesus and Jesus replied, only the Father knows, not even the son of mans knows.

I guess what one believes as far as dates, time and the year when Christ comes back means nothing because it is only conjecture and conjecture is always based on incomplete information.

Nowadays it doesn’t matter to me when Christ comes back because I know all things are in God’s time and I’m ok with that.

I can only conclude what ever return date is given is only conjecture because even Christ doesn’t knows the return date. So how can any human being possibly know what Christ doesn’t know?

Peace and love to all.  :)
« Last Edit: February 11, 2014, 07:20:12 PM by Rick »

Dave in Tenn

• FaceBook David Sanderson
« Reply #2 on: February 11, 2014, 07:37:21 PM »

I'd only add that the world can end before you physically die, in a real (but not yet physical) way.

http://forums.bible-truths.com/index.php/topic,2226.0.html

http://bible-truths.com/email11.htm#preterist

Pay close attention especially to that second link, even if you are not a 'preterist', or don't even know what that means.  I didn't, and I've been blessed not to be involved in that debate.

As a young man, I bought heavily into a particular end-times "prophecy"...though not as heavily as some others have with theirs.  It brought me nothing but grief, and the effects of it I am still experiencing today.

I always wondered even then (when I believed in a rapture)...what was I supposed to do with this "knowledge"?  Jump?  Even today I wonder.  Don't go up on a roof?  Probably got that covered.  I don't like heights.  Don't be pregnant or nursing?  Completely covered.  I promise I will NOT be pregnant or nursing. 

What AM I supposed to do?

Do you think Ray didn't cover THIS QUESTION?

« Last Edit: February 11, 2014, 07:40:28 PM by Dave in Tenn »
Heb 10:32  But you must continue to remember those earlier days, how after you were enlightened you endured a hard and painful struggle.

John from Kentucky

« Reply #3 on: February 11, 2014, 08:14:28 PM »

Good point Dave, especially that 2nd link by Ray.

The end is near to all of us since we are not guaranteed even the next second of our life.

Dave in Tenn

« Reply #4 on: February 11, 2014, 08:38:45 PM »

There is more than one way to "love His appearing", and more than one time-frame to experience it.  Who was it that came at Pentacost?  The third person of the trinity?
Heb 10:32  But you must continue to remember those earlier days, how after you were enlightened you endured a hard and painful struggle.

Abednego

« Reply #5 on: February 11, 2014, 09:23:17 PM »

Dave, I've seen both those emails before. But when I saw the first one again it really made me smile. Thanks. :D

Craig

• There are two kinds of cops.The quick and the dead
« Reply #6 on: February 11, 2014, 10:18:10 PM »

Im curiouse to know if anyone thinks the end of the world is near

No I don't think it is.  I wish it were but I think is many years in the future.

Craig

dave

« Reply #7 on: February 11, 2014, 10:47:19 PM »

Ye gads!

rick

« Reply #8 on: February 12, 2014, 01:33:38 AM »

Dave, you confuse me when you said third person of the trinity ? God is not a trinity from what Ray said, unless I missed something. There is no trinity, no hell and no free will.

virginiabm

« Reply #9 on: February 12, 2014, 05:00:00 AM »

Hi My family,
      Jesus Christ The Son Of The Living God is the Holy Spirit that came back to us on Pentecost. I don't believe Dave believes there is a Trinity.

Your Sister in Christ Jesus,

Virginia Miller       

Rhys 🕊

• 🕊
    • Facebook
« Reply #10 on: February 12, 2014, 05:26:37 AM »

We all need to pray for Dave. Maybe one day he will see the truth  ;D ;D ;D

Rhys
🤫

Kat

« Reply #11 on: February 12, 2014, 11:29:06 AM »

Hi largeli,

There is a difference in the Helper/Comforter/Holy Spirit which is the Spirit of Jesus Christ that comes to live in believers and when Christ will return at the the end of this age to rule/reign on earth.

John 14:26  But the Helper, the Holy Spirit, whom the Father will send in My name, He will teach you all things, and bring to your remembrance all things that I said to you.

This Helper/Jesus Christ comes indwelling to all that are chosen to be one of His in this age, and it is a glorious thing, that changes your life completely as His Spirit works in you and prepares you to serve God, not the flesh.

John 14:19  "A little while longer and the world will see Me no more, but you will see Me. Because I live, you will live also.
v 20  At that day you will know that I am in My Father, and you in Me, and I in you.

There is only a very few being prepared to which the kingdom has come now, in this age and most of them lay sleeping in the grave awaiting resurrection right now. 

So yes Christ does come quickly to a few now, but His main work of saving the world has not yet come. I just wanted to give and overview first.

Im curiouse to know if anyone thinks the end of the world is near... Not "nearer than when we first believed" that is obvious. Every day that passes is nearer than when we first believed. I know that most people on here agree with Rays teachings when it comes to the lake of fire, hell, universal salvation... But what about this..

The thing is that Christ's return for everybody is very near, as it will be at the point of death for all, and our lives are such a short time in this world "For what is your life? It is even a vapor that appears for a little time and then vanishes away" (James 4:14). We will not be aware of the grave, so once we die our very next thought will be of our resurrection.

But I know that is not what you are asking... so Christ said "But of that day and hour no one knows, not even the angels of heaven, but My Father only" (Mat 24:36). Nobody will ever set a date on His return and plenty have tried to. But that is not all He said there, He does say more about His return and explains what we should expect.

Mat 24:37  But as the days of Noah were, so also will the coming of the Son of Man be.
v. 38  For as in the days before the flood, they were eating and drinking, marrying and giving in marriage, until the day that Noah entered the ark,
v. 39  and did not know until the flood came and took them all away, so also will the coming of the Son of Man be.

Christ says here very precisely that nothing unusual will be happening in the world when He returns, no great tribulation, to worldwide economic collapse, nothing out of the ordinary will led up to His return. Yes there will always be wars going on, earthquakes and famine, etc., that's part of this age. So it seems to me that He could return any day, because He will come without warning and I happen to think that it could be near.

1Th 5:2  For you yourselves know perfectly that the day of the Lord so comes as a thief in the night.

So we need to be ready and hoping for His return at any time, not looking and waiting for signs or He might catch you unawares.

Luke 21:34  "But take heed to yourselves, lest your hearts be weighed down with carousing, drunkenness, and cares of this life, and that Day come on you unexpectedly.
v. 35  For it will come as a snare on all those who dwell on the face of the whole earth.
v. 36  Watch therefore, and pray always that you may be counted worthy to escape all these things that will come to pass, and to stand before the Son of Man."   

mercy, peace and love
Kat

acomplishedartis

« Reply #12 on: February 12, 2014, 01:16:48 PM »

Kat.

That was a good way to put it. good observation... 

lareli

« Reply #13 on: February 12, 2014, 01:59:49 PM »

So some don't believe there is going to be an end of the world event, some think there will be but not in this generation, and I think Kat is the only one who replied that the end could be near..

What about 9/11 being written about by Isaiah thousands of years ago? Rays entire "in the day of great slaughter" is all about America being on Gods "bad side" so-to-speak and how 9/11 was a warning from God and if we all don't repent than America will burn like Rome. Do you guys agree with Ray on this?

I’m just what you made God.. ~Kid Cudi

Nano

« Reply #14 on: February 12, 2014, 02:17:17 PM »

largeli,

I used to ask this question often, especially to people that I viewed as being more "Godly" than me.  At least for me, I was asking out of fear...fear of the unknown and fear of "destruction".  Don't you feel a sense of relief when someone says they don't think the end is near?  Like Kat said, we should be ready and hoping for his return - not watching for signs.  Someone else's opinion on the matter (or our own) shouldn't change anything.  Trust in him and do not be afraid. 

Do you agree with Ray that 9/11 was written about by Isaiah thousands of years ago? That America is being judged by God and that God will bring down this nation unless we ALL repent?

I'm not sure about the Isaiah prophecy.  I've only read Ray's paper on this once and quite honestly, I wasn't convinced the first time I read it.  Does that mean anything or change anything?  No...its just my irrelevant opinion.  I'm still hoping for his return and trying to be as prepared and alert as I can be - some days I do better than others  :)

And yes, God will bring down this nation and we will ALL repent...one day.  I feel this will be all be spiritual though and NOT physical.

Revelation 21:1 Then I saw a new Heaven and a new earth, for the first Heaven and the first earth had disappeared and the sea was no more.   

I think "heaven & earth" is symbolic like everything else in Revelation.  I think this is symbolic of us becoming "all in all" and not a literal destruction of the physical world.  I just have a hard time believing God would completely destroy his creation - much like I always had a hard time believing he would torture most of his humanity creation for ever and ever and ever...

Nano

Dave in Tenn

« Reply #15 on: February 12, 2014, 04:22:25 PM »

Dave, you confuse me when you said third person of the trinity ? God is not a trinity from what Ray said, unless I missed something. There is no trinity, no hell and no free will.

Then I guess it wasn't the third person of the Trinity Who came at Pentacost.   ;)

Dave in Tenn

« Reply #16 on: February 12, 2014, 05:40:50 PM »

He's brought down nations before.  And he's humbled quite a few that he hasn't completely gotten rid of.  Anybody remember the great Dutch and Portuguese Empires?  Look, every American KNOWS that things are different 'now' than they were pre-9/11.  It is the most singular event in our recent history and I don't know of very many others that we consider so pivotal.

It's an undisputed fact and nearly universally understood in our culture that there was pre-9/11 and post 9/11.  I'd be hard pressed to imagine another event in our future that will have such an impact and NOT be tied somehow to 9/11.  And not just in the USA, but because of her power and influence, all around the world.  But if the Day of the Lord for the whole earth doesn't happen in this generation, the whole world WILL be judged and this event and all it's ramifications will be part of how 'we' are judged.

I don't read minds, but I read a lot of other papers on BT before that one and I TRY to understand IT in the light of all the rest Ray shared.  Perhaps (and I certainly think so) we need to repent nationally.  God only knows what WILL happen. 

Do I think the end of the world is near?  I think Paul had a smile on his face as he wrote or dictated the passage:  Nearer than when we first believed.     

arion

• Marquette, MI
    • Big Bay Michigan Weather
« Reply #17 on: February 12, 2014, 07:22:11 PM »

End of the world or end of the age?  End of the world I would say no.  End of this age I would say it's getting really close.

thewatchman

« Reply #18 on: February 12, 2014, 07:55:59 PM »

Why would judgement on America bring down the world? Why not the great slaughter that happened at Hiroshima or Nagasaki or the genocide at Rwanda when far more were killed than 9/11?

The problem when people interpret prophecy is that they always try to relate it to their own experiences which are usually too small and isolated. Big in their minds but not in others. Why not the London or Dutch terrorist attacks? My old bosses son just drove past that 2 decker bus that blew up in London and saw it in his rear view mirror. Far more personal to him than 9/11.

God has a far greater tapestry to paint than just our isolated perspective. And as the 'world' in scripture really is the carnal nature of man, then surely it's ending would be different than some physical cataclysm that everyone fears. Foolishly looking for a natural fall, rather than a spiritual one.

9/11 hit us all hard. But I know it is not a judgement on America from God. People from many nations died that day, including 3 from my own country in the buildings and 1 on the plane that crashed. IMO that goes against the true nature of God who loved us enough to send his only begotten Son to die for us.

If there is any truth to the conspiracy theories than surely it was the work of deceitful man.

8)

rick

« Reply #19 on: February 12, 2014, 09:14:52 PM »

Isa 30:25  And there shall be upon every lofty mountain, and upon every high hill, brooks and streams of waters, in the day of the great slaughter, when the towers fall.

peace and love.
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up

Page created in 0.051 seconds with 23 queries.