bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need Account Help?  Email bibletruths.forum@gmail.com   

Forgotten password reminders does not work. Contact the email above and state what you want your password changed to. (it must be at least 8 characters)

Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down

Author Topic: "Jesus preached to people in HELL!"  (Read 21776 times)

loretta

Re: "Jesus preached to people in HELL!"
« Reply #20 on: February 20, 2014, 12:30:52 AM »

I'll bet you can expound even further on this topic and I for one would appreciate hearing of your experiences.

Bet that ungodly bit got your attention, Bob!  ;)

Ah, not so interesting this life of mine.  Hubby is a beer guzzler and mother is the pharisee.  That's about it!  :)

But sure I shall share my ocassional experience whenever.

indianabob

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
« Reply #21 on: February 21, 2014, 02:42:30 PM »

Dear Loretta,
We are praying for you, that you may be strong in your trials and forgiving of all offenses:

Bob
= = =

Suffering for God’s Glory

12 Beloved, do not think it strange concerning the fiery trial which is to try you, as though some strange thing happened to you; 13 but rejoice to the extent that you partake of Christ’s sufferings, that when His glory is revealed, you may also be glad with exceeding joy. 14 If you are reproached for the name of Christ, blessed are you, for the Spirit of glory and of God rests upon you.[d] On their part He is blasphemed, but on your part He is glorified. 15 But let none of you suffer as a murderer, a thief, an evildoer, or as a busybody in other people’s matters. 16 Yet if anyone suffers as a Christian, let him not be ashamed, but let him glorify God in this matter.[e]

17 For the time has come for judgment to begin at the house of God; and if it begins with us first, what will be the end of those who do not obey the gospel of God? 18 Now

“If the righteous one is scarcely saved,
Where will the ungodly and the sinner appear?”[f]
19 Therefore let those who suffer according to the will of God commit their souls to Him in doing good, as to a faithful Creator.

loretta

« Reply #22 on: February 22, 2014, 02:18:10 AM »

Thank you Bob, I so need prayer in those two areas.

God knows I have issues. :)
« Last Edit: February 22, 2014, 05:10:14 AM by loretta »

theophilus

« Reply #23 on: February 22, 2014, 09:56:53 AM »

In a few words my friend"Many are the call but few are the chosen! Tim

;)  You got it buddy! I went with the many words. I just like that passage.

Reg

« Reply #24 on: March 06, 2014, 05:44:29 AM »

Hadn't you been given eyes to see and a friend of yours came up to you telling you about the nonexistence of hell and the salvation of all, you too would shun your friend. Their reaction is not weird. It is to be expected by us.

I now see that what's also to be expected is our attitude of disbelief when we see in others the same blindness that used to plague our lives.

"Oh the garbage that they pass along to these people as truth!"

We used to swallow this same garbage hook, line and sinker before.  :-\

Let us not allow a spirit of provocation get the best of us.

Good Point! I used to seek out debate; admittedly, I experienced much enjoyment in fruitless debates that helped no one-it only boosted my pride in my own knowledge... And then I found Bible truths and I arm still so embarrassed by my actions.  I'm not saying that is what is going on here...but this whole thread hit home for me and I have been struggling with the opposite problem for a time.

I don't want to be in endless debates or do anything that is not of God.  I fear sometimes I do not speak up when I should in order to prevent the issues it would cause.  I'm always thinking of the verse of not to throw my pearls before swine but I don't see my friends, family or coworkers as "swine," I love them and would really enjoy talking about the stuff I'm learning.  I test the waters from time to time gently stating a belief or truth I've learned to see  if the conversation can continue.  When people say they don't agree, tease me for being silly or just ignore me, I take that as a sign that God is not leading and I stop...sometimes I worry this is cowardly...that I work too heard to blend in, keep the peace and I feel it has affected me negatively in a spiritual way..   I don't think I understand how to boldly proclaim the truth at this time.

santgem

« Reply #25 on: March 06, 2014, 08:27:34 AM »

Hadn't you been given eyes to see and a friend of yours came up to you telling you about the nonexistence of hell and the salvation of all, you too would shun your friend. Their reaction is not weird. It is to be expected by us.

I now see that what's also to be expected is our attitude of disbelief when we see in others the same blindness that used to plague our lives.

"Oh the garbage that they pass along to these people as truth!"

We used to swallow this same garbage hook, line and sinker before.  :-\

Let us not allow a spirit of provocation get the best of us.

Good Point! I used to seek out debate; admittedly, I experienced much enjoyment in fruitless debates that helped no one-it only boosted my pride in my own knowledge... And then I found Bible truths and I arm still so embarrassed by my actions.  I'm not saying that is what is going on here...but this whole thread hit home for me and I have been struggling with the opposite problem for a time.

I don't want to be in endless debates or do anything that is not of God.  I fear sometimes I do not speak up when I should in order to prevent the issues it would cause.  I'm always thinking of the verse of not to throw my pearls before swine but I don't see my friends, family or coworkers as "swine," I love them and would really enjoy talking about the stuff I'm learning.  I test the waters from time to time gently stating a belief or truth I've learned to see  if the conversation can continue.  When people say they don't agree, tease me for being silly or just ignore me, I take that as a sign that God is not leading and I stop...sometimes I worry this is cowardly...that I work too heard to blend in, keep the peace and I feel it has affected me negatively in a spiritual way..   I don't think I understand how to boldly proclaim the truth at this time.

Hi Reg,
Greetings!

As long as they cannot refute you, then why worry?

Let God do the rest, the most important thing is you informed the  truth. :)

Kat

« Reply #26 on: March 06, 2014, 10:50:01 AM »

Hi Reg,

I believe that the Spirit will lead us to stand up for this truth when we need to. We are all have different type of personalities, some will interject themselves into conversations and voice their opinion about this truth. That has never been my style and I don't believe I should necessarily force myself to do what I see others doing, but let the Spirit show me what to do. We have to be careful that our boldly proclaiming truth is to the glory of God,  and not more on the lines of boosting to others what we think we know.

John 7:18  He who speaks from himself seeks his own glory; but He who seeks the glory of the One who sent Him is true, and no unrighteousness is in Him.

If the Spirit wants us to stand up for the truth, then we cannot resist Him working in/through us, it will move us when to speak, as it is teaching us we will do the will of God. The Apostles were delivered up before judges, I see us as more like being delivered up before family, friends and coworkers, if we are put on the spot God will give us the answer to speak.

Mat 10:19  But when they deliver you up, do not worry about how or what you should speak. For it will be given to you in that hour what you should speak;
v. 20  for it is not you who speak, but the Spirit of your Father who speaks in you.

mercy, peace and love
Kat

p.s. Mark 13:11  But when they arrest you and deliver you up, do not worry beforehand, or premeditate[3] what you will speak. But whatever is given you in that hour, speak that; for it is not you who speak, but the Holy Spirit.
« Last Edit: March 06, 2014, 12:16:06 PM by Kat »

theophilus

« Reply #27 on: March 06, 2014, 02:27:09 PM »

Hello Reg,

I hear ya! Been there, done that.  I think when we debate others about these truths in a boastful manner, God is doing a work in us. It's a phase, a part of the process of His teaching us to be patient towards others, just as He has been patient with us. Like Kat said, our proclaiming the truth should be done to glorify our Father, not to show others wrong. Even when we have proven them wrong, they still can't "see" it. No verse proofing on our part will ever convince them.

I have a friend at work who initiated our conversations about God. He attends a large Hispanic evangelical church and has even invited me to go. I have told him a thing or two and showed him the scripture verses. He asks me questions, I answer them. If the Lord wills it, this guy's eyes could be opened. But I don't push it.

The verse about the swine is an analogy. It doesn't mean that your friends/family are swine. It means that they would treat God's truths in the same way that swine would treat pearls cast on their path. God's truths are "pearls" to us, not to the unbelievers. Therefore, we love them and treasure them and meditate on them.  :)

Rhys 🕊

• 🕊
    • Facebook
« Reply #28 on: March 06, 2014, 07:33:04 PM »

Always good to share

Heb 13:16  Do not neglect to do good and to share what you have, for such sacrifices are pleasing to God.

Share the good things God had done in word and deed

1Ti 6:18  They are to do good, to be rich in good works, to be generous and ready to share,
1Ti 6:19  thus storing up treasure for themselves as a good foundation for the future, so that they may take hold of that which is truly life.

Rhys
🤫

Joel

« Reply #29 on: March 06, 2014, 10:06:19 PM »

Proverbs 25:11 A word fitly spoken is like apples of gold in pictures of silver.

I think we can know when it is the right time to say something or not.
If we are lead by the Spirit of God he will use us to plant a seed (word) in the heart of someone he is dealing with on some level we know nothing about.
And we may or may not see anything come fruition as far as that person is concerned. The key is to be willing and obedient when the time comes.
Ecclesiastes 9:4 For to him that is joined to all the living there is hope: for a living dog is better than a dead lion.

Joel

theophilus

« Reply #30 on: March 06, 2014, 10:11:06 PM »

A personal opinion lacking scriptural backup. More can be said. You should follow the Jehovah's Witnesses example of going door to door with their message. It's a better approach. I've taken the message of the gospel in rural areas in a third-world country where people couldn't even read or write. We would go house to house down the dusty roads. People always welcomed us. But we never antagonized anybody or showed them how wrong they were. You could bore anybody to death with the cleverest of arguments without ever making a dent on their hardened heart.

John from Kentucky

« Reply #31 on: March 07, 2014, 12:00:25 AM »

Many things said in this thread make me grind my spiritual teeth.  Just false Christian slop.

The billions of Christians alive today do not follow Jesus.  Christians in name only.  Don't follow the example of any of them. 

Some facts:

While in the flesh, Jesus never converted a single person.  No one was converted until after Jesus' death, at Pentecost, when they received God's Spirit.

Jesus only spoke to the multitudes in parables, to hide His teachings, so that none would understand Him.

Jesus said only the Father could drag a person to Jesus.  None could come to Jesus on their own, by their own choice.

Now if Jesus couldn't do any of the above, how can I?  I'm not in the salvation business.  Jesus is Savior.

So I do not witness for Jesus, or any of the other crazy stuff that the mainline Christians or the funnymentalists do.

I do observe what they do, then I do the opposite.  I don't attend church, or go to their bible studies.  I do not speak like them.  I do not do any of their so-called "good works".  I do not witness for the lord, or any of the other crap they do.  Away with all that nonsense!

Jesus says, Come out of her MY people.  Come out does not mean go in and associate with their false ways.

Let Jesus be Jesus.  He'll save everyone, eventually, at their appointed time.  Jesus will save them. That's what He does.
« Last Edit: March 07, 2014, 11:14:22 AM by John from Kentucky »

Kat

« Reply #32 on: March 07, 2014, 12:19:23 AM »

It is not for any of us to judge what the other should or shouldn't do, it is the Spirit that lead any of us in what to do.

Eph 4:11  And He Himself gave some to be apostles, some prophets, some evangelists, and some pastors and teachers,
v. 12  for the equipping of the saints for the work of ministry, for the edifying of the body of Christ,
v. 13  till we all come to the unity of the faith and of the knowledge of the Son of God, to a perfect man, to the measure of the stature of the fullness of Christ;

If the Spirit puts it on your heart then you will speak this truth to whom so ever God wills, it's all according to His will.

mercy, peace and love
Kat

Dennis Vogel

• Administrator
« Reply #33 on: March 07, 2014, 12:22:03 AM »

Agree John but:

1Pe 3:15  But sanctify the Lord God in your hearts: and be ready always to give an answer to every man that asketh you a reason of the hope that is in you with meekness and fear:

Rene

• Administrator
« Reply #34 on: March 07, 2014, 10:36:50 AM »

Agree John but:

1Pe 3:15  But sanctify the Lord God in your hearts: and be ready always to give an answer to every man that asketh you a reason of the hope that is in you with meekness and fear:

So yes, there is a time to profess our faith, but we should not be doing it out of an attitude of arrogance or "self righteousness" so as to show others how "holy" we are.

Eccl. 3:1,7 - "To all things there is an appointed time.......vs.7 "a time to keep silence, and a time to speak." (GNV)

1Cor. 13:1 -  "If I speak in the tongues of men and of angels, but have not love, I am a noisy gong or a clanging cymbal." (ESV)

John from Kentucky

« Reply #35 on: March 07, 2014, 11:12:55 AM »

Agree John but:

Yes, I agree fully with that Scripture.  But of the times I've been asked, they don't like to hear.  Except, my youngest son seems to understand what I say about no free will.

theophilus

« Reply #36 on: March 07, 2014, 12:59:03 PM »

Agree John but:

Hello Dennis,

this is what I now do. If someone asks me something about God or the Bible, I try to respond. The preaching I did that I mentioned above was when I was in my teens, attending an evangelical church.

It astonishes me to see how effective is the strong delusion that God sends to men. On one occasion that I took a bus to get to my destination, a lady sitting in front of me gave me a little booklet about God. I asked her which church she attended. She told me and her face lit up because I showed some interest. I asked her if she believed in the existence of hell. She replied "Of course!" I said to her, do you realize that according to the Christian church, the majority of humankind will end up in hell? She explained that people choose to go to hell. I probed even further by asking her, if only ONE person came to know Jesus Christ out of the whole world, would you consider that a victory for Christ? Of course she answered Yes!

I shook my head, and she was clearly upset with me at this point. She didn't speak to me anymore.

I remember when I used to travel from my city to the capital in my country to learn English, there was almost always some lone person that would get in the bus and start preaching to the rest of us that were waiting for the bus to depart. These guys were persistent and focused. Nothing ever dissuaded them from their task. However, I never saw ANYONE being converted. Now I understand why.

Zechariah 4:6  Not by might, nor by power, but by My spirit, saith the LORD of hosts.

Rodge

Abednego

« Reply #37 on: March 07, 2014, 02:23:10 PM »

John, I agree with what you are saying, but in reference to your last sentence remember that He does choose to do this through the "foolishness of preaching".   So that means that someone somewhere will be witnessing.  I think the problem lies in the interpretation of the word "witnessing".  In my opinion, I would call Ray a witness, but I never thought that he was a mirror image of today's Christianity.

I believe there is a way God wants us to witness and there is a way modern Christianity teaches us to witness. (And keep in mind, what they witness is not to the truth.)

As far as myself, I don't talk about what I believe very much.  Why should I? Most heretics can defend their position a heck of a lot better than I can right now. As Ray said in one of his videos, He can teach on tithing and get you to tithe better than some of the ministers of today. (He did follow that up with he'd have to lie to do it.)  I'm just not that good yet.  I have pointed people to this website who have thought it was garbage.   If their eyes are not open to what they see here there is nothing I can say that will convince them otherwise. Their eyes simply haven't been opened.

cjwood

« Reply #38 on: March 07, 2014, 11:29:02 PM »

i also don't speak about what i believe unless someone asks me, or if the subject of "church" comes up with family members.  but, with regards to the whole witnessing about the gospel to others, we have to remember these verses:

"Who then is Paul, and who is Apollos, but ministers by whom you believed, even as the Lord gave to every man?  I have planted, Apollos watered, but God gave the increase.  So then neither is he that planteth anything, neither he that watereth; but God that giveth the increase.  Now he that planteth and he that watereth are one: and every man shall receive his own reward according to his own labor.  For we are laborers together with God: ye are God's husbandry, ye are God's building."  1 corinthians 3:5-9

this scripture appears to be saying that all believers are fellow laborers in planting and watering the seeds of Truth we have been given through the Spirit of God and His Word.  and it ALL is caused by God.

you can point a flashlight right into the eyes of a blind man and he still cannot see.  you can yell and scream in the ear of a deaf man and he still cannot hear.  yes.  ALL is of the Father.

claudia
« Last Edit: March 08, 2014, 08:20:11 PM by cjwood »

Dennis Vogel

• Administrator
« Reply #39 on: March 08, 2014, 10:07:42 AM »

Most of us who have been around for many years have learned the hard way to keep quiet unless asked.
« Last Edit: March 08, 2014, 10:13:09 AM by Dennis Vogel »
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up

Page created in 0.048 seconds with 24 queries.