bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need Account Help?  Email bibletruths.forum@gmail.com   

Forgotten password reminders does not work. Contact the email above and state what you want your password changed to. (it must be at least 8 characters)

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Gen 1:26-28 & Psalm 8:3-6  (Read 4328 times)

shelley

Gen 1:26-28 & Psalm 8:3-6
« on: February 17, 2014, 11:09:02 PM »

Hello Everyone!
Please help me understand these verses and what they mean. Thanks!
 Psalm 8:3-6  " When I consider thy heavens, the work of thy fingers, the moon and the stars, which thou hast ordained, what is man, that thou art mindful of him? and the son of man, that thou visitest him? For thou has made him a little lower then the angels, and hast crowned him with glory and honour. Thou madest him to have dominion over the works of thy hands: thou has put all things under his feet"  Are these verses talking about Jesus and about the overcomers?
Genesis 1:26-28 " And God said, Let us make man in our image, after our likeness, and let them have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and and over the cattle, and over all the earth, and over every creeping thing that creepeth upon the earth. So God created he him; male & female created he them. And God blessed them, and God said unto them, Be frutiful, and multiply, and replenish the earth, and subdue it: and have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over the cattle, and over all the earth, and over every creeping thing that creepeth upon the earth"  Are these verses a type & shadow of what God has planned for the elect to rule with Christ?   I am not understanding, please help and just know that I appreciate it very much.

Rhys 🕊

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
  • 🕊
    • Facebook
Re: Gen 1:26-28 & Psalm 8:3-6
« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2014, 04:39:16 AM »

The one in psalms is talking about Jesus and man's position in the scheme of things

The elect rule and reign with Christ in the next age. They are being made into that image now but not yet there and others later.

From the Genesis passage this one may help from:

TWELVE GOD-GIVEN TRUTHS TO UNDERSTAND HIS WORD

http://bible-truths.com/twelve.htm

TRUTH NUMBER 5

[A] "It is the spirit that quickens [gives life]; the flesh profits nothing: the words that I speak unto you, they are SPIRIT, and they are life" (John 6:63).

"But this spoke He of the SPIRIT…" (John 7:39).

[C] "And take the helmet of salvation, and the sword of the SPIRIT which IS the word of God" ( Eph. 6:17).

Everything from Genesis to Revelation pertains to a higher SPIRITUAL meaning than the physical examples, parables, metaphors, allegories, stories and symbols in which they are written. "Let us make man in Our Image" (Gen. 1:26) are words of SPIRIT: "…Surely I come quickly…" (Rev. 22:20) are words of SPIRIT. God does not look like a six-foot man or a five-foot woman. Jesus comes quickly to us, not to the world.

John tells us that:

"In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God… and the Word was MADE FLESH… grace and truth came by Jesus Christ" (John 1:1, 14 & 17).

God is not "flesh." Jesus had to be "made flesh." And then AS flesh, Jesus had to "grow and wax strong" (Luke 2:40). God does not "grow or wax strong," but Jesus "made flesh" had to grow and wax strong. Jesus also had to "overcome" (John 16:33). God does not need to overcome anything. Jesus had to "suffer" and "learn obedience" (Heb. 5:8). God does not suffer: God does not learn anything, seeing that God is all knowing (Isa. 46:10).

Jesus was "troubled in His soul" (John 12:27). God is never troubled in HIS soul. Jesus got "weary" (John 4 6). God never gets weary (Isa. 40:28). Jesus became "exceeding sorrowful" (Matt. 26:38). God never sorrows. Jesus was famished after fasting for 40 days and nights. He was so "hungry" that he was ready to die (Matt. 4:2). God never gets hungry. God can never die of hunger. Jesus got very "thirsty" (John 19:28). God never gets thirsty. Jesus "wept" (John 11:35). God never weeps. Jesus was acquainted with "sickness" (Isa. 53:3). God never gets sick.

How sad that many Christians believe that nothing bad ever happened to Jesus before His crucifixion. If it were not for God IN Jesus, Jesus would have been as helpless as a newborn baby. In fact, Jesus said with all humility and truth: "I can of Mine Own Self do nothing…" (John 5:30).

Jesus Christ is our Example of just how man (mankind) is to "be made into the Image of God." Jesus is our example, our way, and our destiny:

"For whom He did foreknow, [that’s US, and eventually all humanity, I Cor. 15:28], He also did predestinate to be conformed to the image of His Son, that He might be the Firstborn among many brethren" (Rom. 8:29).

Jesus was made a physical man so that He could show us the way to the spirit God.

And so it was that this Jesus, in the flesh, who became human, became a man of flesh, was conformed into the spiritual "Image of God," and spoke to us through His "words of spirit." It is Jesus Who "was the word of God" back in Genesis, Who did the speaking when "…God [the Word] said, Let there be light" (Gen. 1:3). It was "the word" in Genesis 1:26 Who said: "Make will We humanity in Our Image…" (Concordant Version).

What kind of words were those words, which The Word spoke back there in the garden? Why they were the words of Jesus, and Jesus plainly tells us that His words "ARE SPIRIT" (John 6:63).

"And creating is God humanity in His [spiritual] Image. In the Image of God He creates it. Male and female He [spiritually] creates them" Gen. 1:27).

Why of course, that is why Paul teaches us that we are, "…to be conformed to the Image of His Son." Jesus now is in the very spiritual image of God, just as He was prior to being emptied into human flesh, in the form of a servant:

"And now, O Father, GLORIFY You Me with Thine Own Self with the glory which I HAD WITH YOU BEFORE THE WORLD WAS" (John 17:5).

If mankind is not in the literal, physical image of God, then what, pray tell, does God look like?

"To whom then will you liken Me, or shall I be equal? Says the Holy One… I am the Lord, and there is none else, there is no God beside Me… I form the light, and create darkness: I make peace and create evil: I the Lord do all these things… I have made the earth, and created man upon it: I, even My hands, have stretched out the heavens, and all their host have I commanded… To whom will you like Me, and make Me equal, and compare Me, that we may be like?" (Isa. 40:25; 45:5, 7, 12; 46:5)

"God is not a MAN…" (Num. 23:19), regardless of how many millions of theologians want to make God into the image of sinful man. God is not in our image: neither are we yet in His Image.

Obviously the words that Jesus spoke were "spirit," seeing that His very words came from GOD, Who IS SPIRIT:

"For He [Jesus] Whom God has sent speaks the WORDS OF God, for God gives not the SPIRIT by measure unto Him" (John 3:34).

Did Jesus give His Apostles the power to speak words of SPIRIT? Yes, He did:

"And my speech and my preaching was not with enticing words of man’s wisdom, but in the demonstration of the SPIRIT and of power" (I Cor. 2:4).

"The spirit of the Lord spoke by me, and His word was in my tongue" (II Sam. 23:2).

"According to the word that I did covenant with you when ye came out of Egypt, so My spirit remains among you; fear ye not" (Haggai 2:5).

"For to one is given by the spirit the word of wisdom: to another the word of knowledge by the same spirit" (I Cor. 12:8).

"And take the helmet of salvation, and the sword of the spirit, which is the word of God" (Eph. 6:17).

And we too are to speak with these same "words of SPIRIT"

"For it is not you that speak, but the spirit of your Father which speaks [words of spirit] in you" (Matt. 10:20).

And of course the same thing was true for Christ:

"…the word which you hear is not Mine, but the Father’s [God is spirit] which sent me" (John 14:24).

Now then, how did Jesus teach the multitudes, ALWAYS? In parables:

"All these things spoke Jesus unto the multitudes in parable; and without a parable spoke He not unto them" (Matt. 13:34; Mark 4:33-34; John 10:6; 16:25).

Parables are "words of spirit."

The day that we fail to believe Jesus when He tells us that His words "are SPIRIT," is the day that we will fail to understand anything spiritual. The words of Jesus are not to be taken literally, physically, materially, carnally. All of Jesus’ teachings are SPIRITUAL. I will keep this section short, as this principle overlaps with all of the rest of the principles.

Hope that helps

Rhys
« Last Edit: February 19, 2014, 06:04:58 AM by Rhys »
🤫

shelley

Re: Gen 1:26-28 & Psalm 8:3-6
« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2014, 08:29:30 PM »

Thanks so much Rhys
I appreciate you sending me this message. My understanding is that God is FIRST having us all fail and see the beast within ( ourselves) and then creating into His image humanity this being a process, spiritual sons & daughters? Hope I am saying this correctly. First the natural and then the spiritual. My question about these particular verses were along this same thought.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.056 seconds with 22 queries.