bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Forum related how to's?  Post your questions to the membership.

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: My son Steven was sentenced  (Read 10267 times)

virginiabm

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
My son Steven was sentenced
« on: February 20, 2014, 07:39:54 AM »

Hi My family, my son Steven was sentenced yesterday, it was a terrible time for me listening to the Judge. I was praying and begging God to have mercy on my son and for everyone else in there who was in the same position. When I heard that Judge give Steven 15yrs. and 9 months I lost it for a while and so did Steven. Steven called me later that day and told me the guards calmed him down without hurting him and I am so thankful for that.
I just could not believe what I was hearing at first, but the love of God stepped in and put things in prospective for me, because when Steven's time is broke down he will spend a little over 12 yrs. in prison, which it a lot of time I might be dead by the time he gets out, but that is in God's hands too. Steven is glad it is over and he can start getting it behind him. I am ok as long as I know my children are ok.
Steven is already making plans to finish school and learn a trade while he is in there and this makes my life a little easier and happier. Steven said mama I need to be here I would have been dead out on the streets and at least you know where we are at. I thank God for His love and mercy on me and my children and the way He works things out for the best because He loves us. help me pray that Steven gets close to home. Hopefully where Jamie is, because it will be cheaper for us if they are at the same location.
Thank you all for being here for me and my family in our sorrows and troubles, it is great having a family like you all. I love each and everyone of you very much.
May God grant you the desires of your heart and bless you with many blessing in your life, which I know He already has and will continue to do.

You sister in Christ Jesus,
                            Virginia Miller

friendofJC

• Facebook
Re: My son Steven was sentenced
« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2014, 05:02:40 PM »

Praying that Steven gets sentenced where Jamie is.  You are handling this trial so well my dear.  Love to see your faith in our God, who truly is our Father!

loretta

« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2014, 12:13:20 AM »

Virginia, my dear. God's perfect will is being worked out in your life and in the lives of your children.  I will pray that you continue to stand firm in this truth and that this hope will carry you over to wherever (spiritual place) God wants to take you.

Dave in Tenn

• FaceBook David Sanderson
« Reply #3 on: February 21, 2014, 07:19:45 PM »

Praying that Steven gets sentenced where Jamie is.  You are handling this trial so well my dear.  Love to see your faith in our God, who truly is our Father!

100% agree.  Hang in there.
Heb 10:32  But you must continue to remember those earlier days, how after you were enlightened you endured a hard and painful struggle.

jingle52

« Reply #4 on: March 07, 2014, 04:18:34 PM »

Virginia, your son Steven will do his time and come out of there a different, responsible and confident man with the skills of a trade he will learn. Praying that he will be where you hope he'll be.

Rhys 🕊

• 🕊
    • Facebook
« Reply #5 on: March 08, 2014, 06:11:40 AM »

All is well in Him

God already has Steven in His plan before he was and God knows the beginning from the end and all the stuff in between so always rejoice in Him. I struggle to often do that but are learning more that He is 100% in control of all. The good and the bad are in His hands. Sometimes I find it hard to understand but His word makes it clear that nothing happens without His say.

His plan is perfect

Rhys
🤫

virginiabm

« Reply #6 on: March 11, 2014, 08:57:14 AM »

Hi All, thank you all for your love and support through these trails and tribulations that my family and I are going through. I would go crazy if I didn't believe that God is in total control of all this. Sometimes I have a hard time as well trying to understand the why's of it all, but I know it has to be this way for a reason. I Know God has put you all in my life for a reason as well, because just knowing that you all are praying for us lessen the stress on my heart and gives me comfort knowing someone is praying for all of us.
Steven hasn't been placed in a prison yet, but it is getting close. Please continue to pray that he gets close to home. I pray God's will be done and I know God's  word says that He will gives us the desires of our hearts. I want Steven to be close, but only if it has the desire affect to help teach him to be a responsible man that I know he can be. Only God can bring that about in His way and In His time. May God bless each and everyone of you my family. I truly Love all of you very much.   Virginia Miller 

octoberose

« Reply #7 on: March 21, 2014, 12:57:01 AM »

I have prayed so often for you and your boys. I'm so sorry for this hard news. I believe as you do that God's plan is unfolding and He will comfort those who mourn. Steven sounds like an honorable man and I pray for God's goodness to unfold right in front of him. 

virginiabm

« Reply #8 on: March 21, 2014, 09:40:11 AM »

God Bless you octoberose and all my family here for your support and love. Steven was sent to Salters S.C.
yesterday. That is 2 hours away from us. Jamie is 2 hours away the other way. I haven't talked to Steven yet, but he had an inmate to call me and let me know where he's at.
I am doing ok with this at times, but it is taking a little bit to get use to. I know God has a plan and we all are part of it. May God's will be done. Love to all.

Virginia miller

John from Kentucky

« Reply #9 on: March 21, 2014, 04:03:59 PM »

I have prayed so often for you and your boys. I'm so sorry for this hard news. I believe as you do that God's plan is unfolding and He will comfort those who mourn. Steven sounds like an honorable man and I pray for God's goodness to unfold right in front of him.

You say, "Steven sounds like an honorable man."

Really?

He is a convicted drug dealer and sent to prison.  An honorable man?  What is a dishonorable man?

The Scriptures condemn stating that good is evil and evil is good.

It is an affront to the Spirit of God to let such a bold face lie go unchallenged.

Dennis Vogel

• Administrator
« Reply #10 on: March 21, 2014, 04:44:39 PM »

Really?

He is a convicted drug dealer and sent to prison.  An honorable man?  What is a dishonorable man?

It is an affront to the Spirit of God to let such a bold face lie go unchallenged.

We all need to remember that anyone of us is capable of doing anything given certain circumstances. Anything.

virginiabm

« Reply #11 on: March 21, 2014, 05:16:53 PM »

Brother John from Kentucky, I Believe my son is an honorable man, because he knew he did wrong and he never once thought that he should not have been punished for it. None of us wanted him to receive 15 yrs. and 9 months, but he did. I know you think he deserves what he got and that is your right, but he is my son and I love him you don't. I also know God don't uphold evil, neither do I, but he did what he did and he is paying for it. You do not know why he chose the road he did so please don't judge him to harshly.

Your sister in Christ,
                          Virginia Miller

John from Kentucky

« Reply #12 on: March 21, 2014, 05:36:42 PM »

Brother John from Kentucky, I Believe my son is an honorable man, because he knew he did wrong and he never once thought that he should not have been punished for it. None of us wanted him to receive 15 yrs. and 9 months, but he did. I know you think he deserves what he got and that is your right, but he is my son and I love him you don't. I also know God don't uphold evil, neither do I, but he did what he did and he is paying for it. You do not know why he chose the road he did so please don't judge him to harshly.

Your sister in Christ,
                          Virginia Miller

Virginia,

I mean no offense to you as his mother.  A mother's love for their offspring is an amazing thing from God.
Anyone who gets between a mother and their offspring, human or animal, is in for a world of hurt.

I am not your son's judge, now or in the age to come.

But I stand by my statements.  We cannot bend the truth and hope to be accepted of God.  Jesus will save your son as He will all of us.

Peace to you.

John

John from Kentucky

« Reply #13 on: March 21, 2014, 05:37:33 PM »

Really?

We all need to remember that anyone of us is capable of doing anything given certain circumstances. Anything.

Agreed.

Dave in Tenn

« Reply #14 on: March 21, 2014, 06:05:38 PM »

Just an encouragement...2 hours can be just the perfect time...both the trip there to prepare yourself away from the bustle of 'home' (especially true for a homemaker, I'm guessing) and also to 'reflect' and decompress after a visit before you have to reengage with your routine.  In my former career, there were times I chose to commute (when possible) for two hours even though I could have stayed in the town where the job was.  There may even be something in that distance that keeps you from being too anxious.  I certainly hope it will work like that for you.
Heb 10:32  But you must continue to remember those earlier days, how after you were enlightened you endured a hard and painful struggle.

theophilus

« Reply #15 on: March 22, 2014, 01:54:47 AM »

Really?

Agreed.

Octoberose just might be right, even though I stand with JFK. Octoberose said that "Steven sounds like an honorable man". What makes him "sound" honorable? What his mother has written about him. To SOUND LIKE and BE SOMETHING are two very different things.

Definition of honorable:

HonŽor`a`ble   Pronunciation: onŽ?r`ć`b'l
a.   1.   Worthy of honor; fit to be esteemed or regarded; estimable; illustrious.
Thy name and honorable family.
- Shak.
2.   High-minded; actuated by principles of honor, or a scrupulous regard to probity, rectitude, or reputation.
3.   Proceeding from an upright and laudable cause, or directed to a just and proper end; not base; irreproachable; fair; as, an honorable motive.
Is this proceeding just and honorable?
- Shak.
4.   Conferring honor, or produced by noble deeds.
Honorable wounds from battle brought.
- Dryden.
5.   Worthy of respect; regarded with esteem; to be commended; consistent with honor or rectitude.
Marriage is honorable in all.
- Heb. xiii. 4.
6.   Performed or accompanied with marks of honor, or with testimonies of esteem; as, an honorable burial.
7.   Of reputable association or use; respectable.
Let her descend: my chambers are honorable.
- Shak.
8.   An epithet of respect or distinction; as, the honorable Senate; the honorable gentleman.

Who knows Steven best but his mom? She's the most appropriate person to try to apply the above definition to her son and find out whether it is true of him OR not. What will it be?

As JFK clearly stated, a mother's love is something to contend with. But at the end of the day, a mother must make an honest assessment of her children, and call black 'black' and white 'white'.
« Last Edit: March 22, 2014, 03:37:32 AM by theophilus »

virginiabm

« Reply #16 on: March 22, 2014, 09:16:10 AM »

Brother theophilus, I appreciate you defending octoberose. I really felt pain in my heart for her , because of the way Brother JFk made the statement bold face lie, when I don't for one minute believe she was calling what Steven did honorable. I hope when she reads it, she want be to upset by it.
  I expect people to talk down about my children for what they did, even thou they are being punished for it, but octoberose did not deserve the harsh words that was said about her statement concerning Steven sounds like an honorable man.
 I do not excuse what my sons have done, but I know the reasons behind their evil deeds and so does Almighty God.

Your sister in Christ,
      Virginia Miller 

Dave in Tenn

« Reply #17 on: March 22, 2014, 05:32:32 PM »

Try hard not to forget the blatantly obvious:  Virginia is HERE, and her sons aren't.  Save your sermons for when you can speak to them.  Maybe your own obedience will be complete when that happens.

theophilus

« Reply #18 on: March 22, 2014, 10:44:18 PM »

Be strong in the Lord Virginia. What must be must be. Sounds like your sons are dealing well with their sentencing. It appears they understand that justice has been served, and they have received a just punishment for their crimes.

You need to do likewise. You and your sons will be in my prayers. :)

Dave in Tenn

« Reply #19 on: March 22, 2014, 11:44:25 PM »

Theophilus, take the time to actually read the thread.  Virginia has answered your 'challenge' several times already.  In addition, don't ask her to defend somebody else's words. 

Does anybody really believe that except for the grace of God HE or SHE would be in the same boat?  I'll go so far as to say that except for the Grace of God, THEIR boat could be far, far worse.  Do we all really REALLY understand that everybody is doing the best they can?  Literally?

There was a time when I was facing the possibility of prison.  The Lord spared me, but I had an attitude while contemplating the possibility that sounds extremely similar to that of Steven.  I knew even then that the "heart of the king is in the hand of the Lord".  Even the fear of eternal Hell-fire didn't stop me (and couldn't stop me) from sinning, but the Lord gave me just enough wisdom to endure and just enough faith to believe in a good SPIRITUAL outcome, even if the physical outcome was less-than-desirable.  And that was BEFORE I believed in the salvation of all.

To be honest, he let me go SO FAR, that until I believed in the Salvation of ALL, I could no longer even believe in the salvation of Dave. 

Scripture  tells us not to judge things before their time.  I'm extremely glad I have been shown the lie of those who judge ME incurable.   Who sets the time when Virginia's sons will say with full understanding and joy "Jesus Christ is LORD" to the glory of the Father?  The LORD of all sets the time.  Until then, JESUS is still Lord.  HIS judgments are right, and He did not come to condemn the world, but to save it.

Even this 'salvation' is just a necessary step in creating for Himself Sons and Daughters.  HE is not finished with any of us, and I challenge all of us to remember that both when thinking of others and about our own selves.   Keeps us humble, ya know?

« Last Edit: March 23, 2014, 12:53:40 AM by Dave in Tenn »
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up

Page created in 0.034 seconds with 19 queries.