bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Forum related how to's?  Post your questions to the membership.

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: My son Steven was sentenced  (Read 10320 times)

walt123

Re: My son Steven was sentenced
« Reply #20 on: March 23, 2014, 11:37:31 AM »

Hello, all

I agree with you Dave,before I seat on the judgment seat,or point fingers,or I would never do that mentality,-- this parable ,its principal,
keeps me focused.

Matthew 18:23-34

New King James Version (NKJV)

The Parable of the Unforgiving Servant

23 Therefore the kingdom of heaven is like a certain king who wanted to settle accounts with his servants. 24 And when he had begun to settle accounts, one was brought to him who owed him ten thousand talents. 25 But as he was not able to pay, his master commanded that he be sold, with his wife and children and all that he had, and that payment be made. 26 The servant therefore fell down before him, saying, Master, have patience with me, and I will pay you all.’ 27 Then the master of that servant was moved with compassion, released him, and forgave him the debt.

28 But that servant went out and found one of his fellow servants who owed him a hundred denarii; and he laid hands on him and took him by the throat, saying, ‘Pay me what you owe!’ 29 So his fellow servant fell down at his feet[a] and begged him, saying, ‘Have patience with me, and I will pay you all.’ 30 And he would not, but went and threw him into prison till he should pay the debt. 31 So when his fellow servants saw what had been done, they were very grieved, and came and told their master all that had been done. 32 Then his master, after he had called him, said to him, ‘You wicked servant! I forgave you all that debt because you begged me. 33 Should you not also have had compassion on your fellow servant, just as I had pity on you?’ 34 And his master was angry, and delivered him to the torturers until he should pay all that was due to him.

and

1 COR 10:12

12 Therefore let him who thinks he stands take heed that he does not fall.

Keeps me thankful.

Walt.

virginiabm

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
« Reply #21 on: March 23, 2014, 12:06:28 PM »

Thank you my Brothers and Sisters for the love and encouragement from your heart and scriptures.

May God Bless and kept you.

Your sister in Christ Jesus,
                 Virginia Miller

theophilus

« Reply #22 on: March 23, 2014, 01:54:11 PM »

The point I was trying to make was no one (among human beings) is more qualified to give a fair assessment of her sons than Virginia herself. I didn't know I had posed a challenge. Something was lost in translation. My 'what will it be' question was a rhetorical one.

As far as I understand Virginia, she believes correctly in her heart that all she and her sons have been going through is OF GOD. This fact can be gleaned from the beginning of the thread. So, no misunderstanding there.

Definitely this mode of communication has its pitfalls. I've had some misunderstandings with my wife due to the fact that a text message doesn't convey the full meaning of what someone is trying to say. For whatever misunderstood reason, I stand corrected. Peace and love to all.

theophilus

« Reply #23 on: March 23, 2014, 02:24:02 PM »

I learned the hard way not to judge others anymore. God set things in motion so that I could see for myself that, given the right circumstances, I too would do the same thing as those who were the object of my harsh judgment.

For some of us, yes! our lot could be far worse. Thank God it's not. Some of the worst things I had to endure as a child, I have not put others through. Otherwise, I would be in prison. And this is of God, and I am grateful. To date, I haven't killed another human being though I haven't lacked the desire. By God's grace and mercy, I haven't done so. I hope in God Almighty that I never do!!!
« Last Edit: March 23, 2014, 02:33:44 PM by theophilus »

octoberose

« Reply #24 on: March 24, 2014, 02:20:32 AM »

Wow, I stay off for a few days and all bedlam breaks out! Hilarious.
 I knew what I was writing when I wrote it and considered the wording, but some of you have not been paying attention. Stephen is Remorseful, he is sorry, and he's looking out for the welfare of his mother. That is the the start of living honorably.
  And you may need to start thinking about remorse  for yourself for judging someone's heart when you have  no right to do it- and then pouring more grief on his mother who does not deserve your self righteous twaddle.
  I need Church you all. A real church. And some of you are kind and wise and self sacrificing and have been a real support to me and each other. And others are just voices on a website.   

Anyone want church?

cjwood

« Reply #25 on: March 24, 2014, 11:40:06 AM »

i love you sweet sister octoberose.  you are an amazing woman.  may God continue to bless you and your sons with peace, patience, mercy, and grace from His deep, faithful love.

claudia

Abednego

« Reply #26 on: March 24, 2014, 04:23:28 PM »

Rhys 🕊

• 🕊
    • Facebook
« Reply #27 on: March 24, 2014, 05:01:47 PM »

Mmmmmmmm..........popcorn.......now I want popcorn for breakfast ???

Rhys

p.s. agree with Claudia's comments too
« Last Edit: March 24, 2014, 06:52:11 PM by Rhys »
🤫

Mike Gagne

« Reply #28 on: April 07, 2014, 12:16:54 PM »

I was in and out of jail more then a couple times and used to wonder why I couldn't be like everyone else, having a good life, never in trouble, living right. Then God showed me in his word that there is none righteous,not even one,and none understand and none seek God! ( Romans 3:10-11).  In LRays teaching in the lake of fire on the beast and on the scripture 2 Thess 2:3-4 , I believe all will have to see that beast in them selves. I don't see no were in scripture where we are supposed to point are finger at the beast in everyone else. Any how it is God who works in us to do his will and to do his good pleasure( Phil 2:13 ). To God the darkness  and light are alike to thee ( psalms 139:12 ). So in saying that I myself would look beyond those prison walls and even further to see those whom we think are un honourable and unrighteous and see them in the Kingdom of God as are Brothers and  Sisters  in righteousness peace and joy!  Blessings
« Last Edit: April 08, 2014, 01:23:03 AM by Mike Gagne »
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up

Page created in 0.023 seconds with 19 queries.