bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need Account Help?  Email bibletruths.forum@gmail.com   

Forgotten password reminders does not work. Contact the email above and state what you want your password changed to. (it must be at least 8 characters)

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: I'm not without hope by any means.  (Read 11134 times)

rick

I'm not without hope by any means.
« on: February 22, 2014, 07:53:12 PM »

So now I learned that we don’t have free will or choice how do I reconcile my memory and what I learned with my actions or choice?

It seems strange to me knowing God’s will is one thing but His intentions are another thing. So I know right from wrong, I want to always do what is right and although I’m ok in many areas of life I still find a flaw in one particular area in my life.

To give you, the reader a clue, I’m a man, you can probably figure out the rest. I tell myself the spirit is willing but the flesh is weak but what good does it do me? If I say to myself I want to change something in my life, I then realize I either come into Gods will or Gods intentions.

Ok, so  maybe I can go against Gods will but His intentions I cannot go against. If Gods intentions are for me to choose choice A then choice B was never an option.

I have a certain weakness in my life, I agree with God I’m wrong in my weakness. If I pray to God to remove this weakness which I have more than once, however is it possible I’m praying against His intentions ?

Since I’ve been apart of B.T. and after reading the lake of fire series as well as multiple E -mails directed towards Ray not to mention many treads here on the forum I find within my understanding that the only change I see is my awareness of God ,blended with many awesome inspiring truths I’ve been blessed with.

The fact remains I’m still the same man in deed but a different man in knowledge , sometimes I just shake my head and say to myself, why, why do you do a thing you know is wrong? Why not choose choice B which is right rather than choice A which is wrong ?

Nowadays I understand and conclude I’m totally at Gods mercies, there is no strength in me that can afford me victories over my weakness. God, have mercy on me a sinner.

I find a nature within me I prefer not and what I do prefer seems to be unattainable. So I go on with life knowing God is good to me but I’m not good back to God, yet inwardly I know without any doubt God has not left me without HOPE. 

maybe I’m not alone, maybe someone else can relate to my life, maybe someone else is living the same life I am, if so, you are not without HOPE either.  :)

friendofJC

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
    • Facebook
Re: I'm not without hope by any means.
« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2014, 08:03:51 PM »

Rick,

Thank you for the post.  I struggle in my life with this sin. I don't let it have dominion over me.  Ray says we will stop sins when we have more pleasure in not doing them.  We will never be completely free from sin in the flesh however.  Can't wait for what God has in store, spirit bodies with perfect health!

Jason
« Last Edit: February 22, 2014, 08:17:49 PM by friendofJC »

Abednego

« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2014, 10:47:40 PM »

Romans 7:15-20
King James Version (KJV)
15 For that which I do I allow not: for what I would, that do I not; but what I hate, that do I.

16 If then I do that which I would not, I consent unto the law that it is good.

17 Now then it is no more I that do it, but sin that dwelleth in me.

18 For I know that in me (that is, in my flesh,) dwelleth no good thing: for to will is present with me; but how to perform that which is good I find not.

19 For the good that I would I do not: but the evil which I would not, that I do.

20 Now if I do that I would not, it is no more I that do it, but sin that dwelleth in me.

That's me in a nutshell.

Kat

« Reply #3 on: February 23, 2014, 01:23:01 AM »

Hi Rick,

Well you are where all of us are or have been with sin. God works things out in us by a process, it does seem a very slow process, but He accomplishes it in us in a way that makes us learn very well from the ordeal.

I believe where sin is concerned we have to not only come to a point where we don't want to do it anymore, but go on until we really despise it. If we come to abhor something enough, it might be only then that He will remove it from us. But never give up hoping and trying and praying to God to give you strength to overcome, because it is Him who will do it through us.

Php 2:12  Therefore, my beloved, as you have always obeyed, not as in my presence only, but now much more in my absence, work out your own salvation with fear and trembling;
v. 13  for it is God who works in you both to will and to do for His good pleasure.

I think we also have to come to that place where we know we are too weak of ourselves to overcome and that it is only by Christ doing it in us that we can obtain any righteousness, realize of ourselves we can do nothing good. It is a process that takes time for God to develop these things in our mind. But God is not hindered by time, He does not need to get in a hurry, so He works it out through us carefully (painstakingly slow for us), so the lesson is never lost.

Here are a few emails of Ray's.

http://forums.bible-truths.com/index.php/topic,4181.0.html ------

Primarily, we must repent of our "carnal minds" which HATE God (I realize that most people do not believe that they ever hated God, but by their disobedience, they prove that they did), which are at the root cause of all our other sins. We repent of not only what we have done wrong, but the reason why we did wrong in the first place.  The human heart which is the seat of our emotions and morality or lack thereof, "is deceitful above all things and exceedingly WEAK--who can know it" (Jer. 17:9, Jewish Publication Society), Although all will be saved, not one will be saved until he repents of his sins, accepts Jesus Christ as the Saviour of his soul, and learns to live a godly life.

Ask God to grant to you repentance (Rom. 2:4).

God be with you,
        Ray

http://forums.bible-truths.com/index.php/topic,6018.0.html ------

"What do [you] need to do?"  REPENT.  How do you repent?  Only God can bring you to repentance (Rom. 2:4); only God can drag you to Christ (John 6:44); only God can accomplish His achievement [workmanship] in you (Eph. 2:8-10).  You must come to really hate your sins before you (through) God, will truly repent of your sins and stop doing them.  You obviously are not there yet.  Pray that God brings you to that place in your life.

God be with you,
    Ray

acomplishedartis

« Reply #4 on: February 23, 2014, 05:39:10 AM »

How can you chose the right choice B, if you are used to chose choice A?

Maybe you need to drag yourself to a great strong temptation that eventually makes you fall into choice B.

Maybe you need to just wish even more intensively and constant for choice B.

Both things always work otherwise (for choice A), don't you think?

How can one have so much knowledge and not the strength to put it in practice most of the time?

Well, but we have to start somewhere, that's why people go to college, I guess...

ps. I am not implying to be all clean up, I am just saying, for whatever is worth. Lately I can admire God's ways to remind me about humility. Actually 'humility' is one of the best reasons I can conclude as most worthy for all the trials.
« Last Edit: February 23, 2014, 05:50:58 AM by Moises G. »

rick

« Reply #5 on: February 23, 2014, 10:32:45 AM »

We are wonderfully made, highly complex too. We are not puppets , nor robots, we are Gods workmanship in progress. Everything that is, is Gods workmanship.

There is only choice A to make, choice B is a deception for those who believe in free will and free choice.

One will always follow the dictates of their heart until God intervenes, regardless of knowledge and strength.

The potter chips away here and there perfecting the vessel as He see fit in His eyes and not the eyes of the vessel. The potter makes one vessel unto honor and the other unto dishonor for the purpose of contrast. Both vessels choose their destiny not.

All things have been set and put into motion by reason of God for His good pleasure, all of what God put into motion must follow their course as God directs the course as well.

It will come to pass that all will be vessels of honor, meanwhile many tears will be shed and evil will continue until God is all in all when the former things have passed away and all things become new.

Its not for us to ask why but to do, and to learn both Good and evil that we might become like God, our heaven Father knowing good and evil.

If we do that which we prefer not then we testify to the law that it is good and to ourselves we testify there is nothing good in our flesh and understanding the flesh profits nothing.

I am what I am by the grace of God and so we all are what we are by the grace of God .  :)

« Last Edit: February 23, 2014, 10:35:20 AM by Rick »

walt123

« Reply #6 on: February 23, 2014, 12:47:20 PM »

Hello rick

I hear you loud and clear, brother,since I am not in control,trusting God in everything is the only way to think.

What ever God has on my schedule for the day ,It is ,what it is.

Here a song I think fits somewhat.

http://youtu.be/SdhAfMor9BM

Walt.

indianabob

« Reply #7 on: February 23, 2014, 01:05:05 PM »

Hi Walt,

Thanks for the reminder of my youth.
I have always loved that catchy tune and my kids have heard me sing parts of it as they were growing up in the 1960's and 1970's.

By the way how are things in Pennsylvania snow country?
My daughter and family live near Easton and have been shoveling lots of the white fluffy stuff.

Regards, Indiana Bob

Dave in Tenn

• FaceBook David Sanderson
« Reply #8 on: February 23, 2014, 06:12:33 PM »

Song sez, "...the future's not ours to see..."

Isn't it?

----------------------------------------------

It's the "free" part of "free-will" that is false...not the "will" part.  It's the FLESH that's weak in the disciples, not the will.  Hang in there.  NONE of us is without "hope", though many are without faith.

Rom 5:1  Then being justified by faith, we have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ,
Rom 5:2  through whom also we have had access by faith into this grace in which we stand, and we glory on the hope of the glory of God.
Rom 5:3  And not only so, but we glory also in afflictions, knowing that affliction works out patience,
Rom 5:4  and patience works out proven character; and proven character, hope.
Rom 5:5  And the hope does not put us to shame, because the love of God has been poured out in our hearts through the Holy Spirit given to us;
Rom 5:6  for we yet being without strength, in due time Christ died for ungodly ones.

Heb 10:32  But you must continue to remember those earlier days, how after you were enlightened you endured a hard and painful struggle.

rick

« Reply #9 on: February 23, 2014, 09:24:01 PM »

Hi Walt, that’s pretty much how I see it too, we’re not in control and trusting God in all things is great wisdom...........it is what it is.

Only a fool says in his heart there is no God and to the one who thinks he directs his own footsteps, is greatly deceived.

Its not by knowledge nor might nor strength nor good or evil nor anything in heaven or under heaven or in the sea or in the under world that one can be saved except by reason of Him who wills in us to do His good pleasure.

It is only by the grace of God one can become saved and that is not of ourselves but by Him who wills it.

Its been a long time since I heard that song and how true the lyrics...what ever will be will be, the future is not ours to see.  :)

Doug

« Reply #10 on: February 23, 2014, 11:13:32 PM »

Hi Rick, As someone who knows exactly how you feel I would like to share my experience. Thru my life I have worked to overcome the lust of the flesh and at times just gave up trying. A bit over a year ago God brought me to the point I could no longer go my way. Then came BT and things really started to change, I knew these thoughts had to change. There was some little progress when it finally sank in I can do nothing only God can change my thoughts and in His time. Progress was slow and there were sleepless nights due to the guilt. However over time God gave me relief from this sin. Now I feel like a recovering alcoholic and pray for God's continued mercy and help. This I know if He can change me He can and will in His time change you. I think it will not be an easy struggle the rest of my life and we will never know total victory in this life over any sin. I hope this helps in some small way.
Doug

rick

« Reply #11 on: February 24, 2014, 12:30:01 AM »

Hi Doug, thanks for your response.

There is no sin I’m going through that is uncommon to man, I’m always questioning things in my life, probably what i'm suppose to do.

It’s the way my relationship is with Christ, some days I feel so close to God and other days so far away. Some days I can hardly wait to arrive home from work to study, others days, not in any hurry.

I know God is always there, once during a cloudy night I looked up towards the heavens and notice I could not see one star in the night sky but I know the stares are there, I just can’t see them.

Perhaps the times I feel so close to God is like a sunny day and the times I feel so far away is like a rainy day but never forgetting God.

God created both Good and evil for a reason and made man in vanity, to spiritually weak to adhere to those laws he put forth. I find thus so far that although sin goes against the will of God it certainly does not go against His intentions,

although sin is wrong and wrong only because God says its wrong I see how God uses sin in my life to humble me and also to draw me near. Those who are not sick have no need of a physician.

Everything I go through is ok, that is to say its according to Gods will and or His intentions but I’m not ok and won’t be until the former things have passed away and all things have been made new. God has declared that He will make all things new and I believe God.

I understand that all have fallen short of the glory of God and no one will be ok until God puts and end to all the tools He uses to raised up sons and daughters for Himself and sin is a great tool He uses to accomplish this task..

Do not misunderstand me, God hates sin and we should too but God uses sin/evil to humbles us.
I will keep going through what I am going through until I learn to hate those things I love that are wrong in Gods sight.

Its apart of the process, in the beginning we hate God and love to sin, then we start to love God according to His calling and afterwards we start to doubt our sins as God starts to humble us, then we realize we need to get sin out of our lives only to discover we have no power to do so.

And in the end we come to realize we have a will that is totally subjected to Gods will and as sophisticate and as intelligent as God has made us, we do not turn right or left unless God says so.

And so for this cause I am completely confidant that God will bring me unto salvation in His time in spite of any sin I have, am or will commit, if not in this age, then the age to come, for it is the will of God that all be saved.   :)
« Last Edit: February 24, 2014, 05:32:28 AM by Rick »

acomplishedartis

« Reply #12 on: February 24, 2014, 03:34:56 AM »

It's the "free" part of "free-will" that is false...not the "will" part.  It's the FLESH that's weak in the disciples, not the will.  Hang in there.  NONE of us is without "hope", though many are without faith.

Rom 5:1  Then being justified by faith, we have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ,
Rom 5:2  through whom also we have had access by faith into this grace in which we stand, and we glory on the hope of the glory of God.
Rom 5:3  And not only so, but we glory also in afflictions, knowing that affliction works out patience,
Rom 5:4  and patience works out proven character; and proven character, hope.
Rom 5:5  And the hope does not put us to shame, because the love of God has been poured out in our hearts through the Holy Spirit given to us;
Rom 5:6  for we yet being without strength, in due time Christ died for ungodly ones.

Well said Dave. I love those verses.

arion

• Marquette, MI
    • Big Bay Michigan Weather
« Reply #13 on: February 24, 2014, 09:16:46 AM »

Well, since I'm getting older I'm very grateful for a lower testosterone level.  I see these commercials on TV with the ads telling you to have your doctor give you this pill or that injection to give you more testosterone and I'm just very happy for lower levels these days I can tell you that!  I wish I could say that I've totally overcome in those areas but I can't.  What I can say is that the frequency is much, much less and for that I am very thankful and I tell God that often.

I wish I could say that I resist and have overcome in the face of the raging hormones of my youth but that would be a lie.  I would rather overcome because of God's direct intervention in order to say 'NO'.  But regardless, I'm just very happy to see most of those things ebb away in the course of time and I don't want to go back to my youth precisely because of those struggles.  When I turned 50 a few years ago I almost thought it a curse but now I see it as a blessing!!   ;D

As we've been taught we have to have experiential knowledge of both good and evil and as much as we want to overcome some issues and be done with them NOW, yet God still has some things to teach us in the process.  God truly is working in us to get us to the point where we know experientially that if God doesn't do the overcoming in us it's simply not going to happen.  The pride of the beast within us has to be humbled time and time again apparently.

theophilus

« Reply #14 on: February 24, 2014, 09:27:23 AM »

I hear you loud and clear Arion! Yesterday I ran into this young woman that was with her little son. She is Hispanic! What a body! I cannot describe what this darned flesh felt! But I tell you one thing: she left me all frazzled! Oh, such powerful pulls of this flesh! I cried out to God to help me because I couldn't help myself! I don't wanna run into her again!  >:(

John from Kentucky

« Reply #15 on: February 24, 2014, 03:01:53 PM »

Well, I hope I never come to a point where I do not desire women.  God, please kill me then.

Women are the best things God created.  Thank you Jesus!  Love those curves.

Rick, to answer your original post.  It takes a long time for a mighty oak tree to grow from a little acorn.  That's how God works.

rick

« Reply #16 on: February 25, 2014, 10:17:51 AM »

I’m really relieved hearing these comments I’m reading, no I’m not healed by them but the main point being driven home for me is if God doesn’t bring change about its not going to happen.

One of the things that come to mind in all this would be that I’m learning patience, learning to wait on the Lord, learning to wait takes patience. I’m just thinking, we are told to build upon our faith but I see its Christ who is the one who adds to our faith not us.

onelovedread

« Reply #17 on: March 01, 2014, 10:49:02 AM »

Just wondering how these scriptures tie in with our condition:

1 Corinthians 5: 17 Therefore if any person is [ingrafted] in Christ (the Messiah) he is a new creation (a new creature altogether); the old [previous moral and spiritual condition] has passed away. Behold, the fresh and new has come!

Revelation 3: 20 Behold, I stand at the door and knock; if anyone hears and listens to and heeds My voice and opens the door, I will come in to him and will eat with him, and he [will eat] with Me.

Matthew 5: 28 But I say to you that everyone who so much as looks at a woman with evil desire for her has already committed adultery with her in his heart.

It keeps nagging at me that God requires us to be accountable, not in our own strength, but by allowing His Spirit to strengthen that new creation which is within us.

Romans 8: 6 Now the mind of the flesh [which is sense and reason without the Holy Spirit] is death [death that comprises all the miseries arising from sin, both here and hereafter]. But the mind of the [Holy] Spirit is life and [soul] peace [both now and forever].
7 [That is] because the mind of the flesh [with its carnal thoughts and purposes] is hostile to God, for it does not submit itself to God’s Law; indeed it cannot.
8 So then those who are living the life of the flesh [catering to the appetites and impulses of their carnal nature] cannot please or satisfy God, or be acceptable to Him.
9 But you are not living the life of the flesh, you are living the life of the Spirit, if the [Holy] Spirit of God [really] dwells within you [directs and controls you]. But if anyone does not possess the [Holy] Spirit of Christ, he is none of His [he does not belong to Christ, is not truly a child of God].

Do we truly believe this verse, men? ;) ;)
Romans 8:11 And if the Spirit of Him Who raised up Jesus from the dead dwells in you, [then] He Who raised up Christ Jesus from the dead will also restore to life your mortal (short-lived, perishable) bodies through His Spirit Who dwells in you.

cjwood

« Reply #18 on: March 01, 2014, 04:53:08 PM »

to all the men, and even the women, who are reading this thread;
the Holy Scriptures, given by inspiration of the Holy Spirit of God our Father, declare to us how we win this battle:

"For sin shall not be master over you, for you are not under the law but under grace." (roms. 6:14)

"But if you are led by the Spirit, you are not under the law."  (gal. 5:18)

claudia

rick

« Reply #19 on: March 01, 2014, 07:08:57 PM »

It does appear that many scriptures convey if one’s converted they sin not. Whether I’m apart of the many or the called I know not, this I do know, I’m not without sin.

Rom 8:2  For the law of the Spirit of life in Christ Jesus made me free from the law of sin and of death.

Because I’m not without sin then Rom 8:2 tells me I’m not free from the law of sin and death. If I’m not free from the law of sin and death then I must be free from the law of the Spirit of life in Christ Jesus.

Then, if I’m free from the law of the Spirit of life in Christ Jesus, it only stands to reason I’m not converted which explains why I sin.

Rom 8:5  For they that are after the flesh mind the things of the flesh; but they that are after the Spirit the things of the Spirit.

Although I read scriptures and God is usually on my mind and I not only understand these truths Ray has taught but except them, I somehow must only be after the things of the flesh.

Rom 8:7  because the mind of the flesh is enmity against God; for it is not subject to the law of God, neither indeed can it be:

Rom 8:8  and they that are in the flesh cannot please God.

Well then, Rom 8:7 explains why I sin and because I sin, then Rom 8:8 tells me that God must hate me because I cannot be pleasing to God.

I find life’s experiences to be difficult , frustrating and full of wickedness of all sorts, there are seven days in a week, I work six of those days and have close to five hundred dollars in taxes taken out from what I earn, that is frustrating to me.

I’m told to save for my future, that is difficult to do, being tax as much as I’ am. Now I discover I’m not even converted.

Thank God for tomorrow, I’ll start all over again and try harder with my free will and choice and if I don’t succeed in this age then I hope to in the next age.

Or maybe I will succeed when God says I will succeed and not one minute before.

Anyhow, I still have this desire for God and will continue on hoping He will eventually get me to where I need to be, after all its Gods responsibility to save that which is lost, and I’m no doubt lost.   :(
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up

Page created in 0.041 seconds with 22 queries.