bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need Account Help?  Email bibletruths.forum@gmail.com   

Forgotten password reminders does not work. Contact the email above and state what you want your password changed to. (it must be at least 8 characters)

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Hell  (Read 8378 times)

Dennis Vogel

• Administrator
  • Bible-Truths Forum Member
Hell
« on: March 22, 2006, 07:29:17 PM »

Hello Ray,

There is a verse where it says Jesus went to ‘hell’. I know it means grave and not the eternal place of damnation as taught by Christendom. Are there any other verses that name other godly people who specifically went to hell (grave)?

God bless,

Brad

No Brad, there is no verse that says "Jesus went to Hell." That damnable heresy comes from the unscriptural "Apostle's Creed."

God be with you,

Ray

Falconn003

Hell
« Reply #1 on: March 25, 2006, 10:58:07 PM »

Has Ray or Mike writing anything on the " Apostle's Creed." thisa would be a very good topic for discussion if not to study.

I have read a few refernces to it but nothing more. i might just have missed it......or God felt it was not important to me .  :wink:

Rodger

eutychus

Hell
« Reply #2 on: March 26, 2006, 12:51:47 PM »

from a web site:
I believe in God the Father Almighty, maker of heaven and earth;

And in Jesus Christ his only Son our Lord: who was conceived by the Holy Spirit, born of the Virgin Mary, suffered under Pontius Pilot, was crucified, dead, and buried, the third day He rose from the dead; he ascended into heaven, and sitteth at the right hand of the God the Father Almighty; from thence He shall come to judge the quick and the dead.

I believe in the Holy Spirit, the holy catholic (universal) Church, the communion of saints, the forgiveness of sins, the resurrection of the body, and the life everlasting. Amen.

The History of the Apostles Creed

Tradition has it that the Apostles Creed was actually written by the original Disciples. These same Disciples authored the Four Gospels, which are canonized, sacred, and inspired by the Holy Spirit.

It is generally understood that the Apostles met in the Upper Room and wrote the Apostles Creed as a statement of faith that would stand for all time; and as a standard so that once they separated to parts unknown to declare His greatness, thoughtless individuals would not attempt to split them on issues of doctrine.

Well that didn't last four hundred years. The Council of Nicaea (A.D. 325) changed it to what is now known as the Nicene Creed.

Falconn003

Hell
« Reply #3 on: March 26, 2006, 04:37:34 PM »

eutychus

AHH   the Nicene Creed now this i heard and as way out of this world to my understanding, or maybe just explained wrong.

If i remember correctly it dealt with the essence of God and his dwelling.

Rodger

Falconn003

Hell
« Reply #4 on: March 26, 2006, 05:26:16 PM »

shoeman

well thank you as it does shine a little more light and understanding on this Apostles' Creed.  Interesting non the less.

Rodger

Steve Crook

Hell
« Reply #5 on: March 26, 2006, 05:51:18 PM »

Quote from: Falconn003
shoeman

well thank you as it does shine a little more light and understanding on this Apostles' Creed.  Interesting non the less.

Rodger

Yeah, I cam from a Southern Baptist upbringing, and I'd never heard of this creed in the churches I attended. This is interesting to me as well because my baptist family is about as Southern as you can get lol.

eutychus

Hell
« Reply #6 on: March 26, 2006, 06:04:42 PM »

eutychus

AHH   the Nicene Creed now this i heard and as way out of this world to my understanding, or maybe just explained wrong.

If i remember correctly it dealt with the essence of God and his dwelling.

Rodger

greetings rodger!
 yes i posted it only for information, i grew up catholic and even as a youg lad when we said desended into hell, i would not say it, most of the time.

i questioned catholisism at a vey young age.

i would ask my parents questions and priests and they would look at
me like i was possesed :roll:

GOD love and God bless em.

peace too you
chuckt

Falconn003

Hell
« Reply #7 on: March 26, 2006, 06:09:29 PM »

I was  raised catholic, and at a young age felt uneasy about the blank check for sinning.

As a young lad , it was very wierd to see many touch the statues as if they were alive, once i was told not to stand in the way of the statues view,  And as a child i thought comon on you got to be kidding me.  I thought no wait these adults might be right, perhpas there is a candid camera in them statues.  never found out the truth of it though, my suspects continue to this day.

Now do not get me started on the comunion as i aways felt they could have been wafers or grahm crackers, oh well as a child see through his eyes.

Rodger

hillsbororiver

Hell
« Reply #8 on: March 26, 2006, 06:16:11 PM »

I raised catholic, and at a young age felt uneasy.

As a young lad , it was very wierd to see many touch the statues as if they were alive, once i was told not to stand in the way of the statues view,  And as a child i thought comon on you got to be kidding me.  I thought no wait these adults might be right, perhpas there is a candid camera in them statues.  never found out the truth of it though, my suspects continue to this day.

Now do not get me started on the comunion as i aways felt they could have been wafers or grahm crackers, oh well as a child see through his eyes.

Rodger

Yes Rodger, I also found the church and its statues a bit spooky especially when when people would wrap their arms around the legs or feet, even as a child I found it bizarre.

The teachings were scary as well, not that the other churches are any less capable of motivating by fear.

Joe

Falconn003

Hell
« Reply #9 on: March 26, 2006, 06:21:40 PM »

well Joe the scariest of them all is haggees,  i attended his religon practise and boy is it one mental ward of deception.

It would be as liken to desney's answer to the ultimate fun house.

I almost met him personaly but something said in my mind , "do ya want to talk with this guy and lose your lunch, or go out and enjoy your dinner ???"  .  easy choice for me as my favorite ribeye awaited me. :wink:

Rodger
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.047 seconds with 22 queries.