bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Forum related how to's?  Post your questions to the membership.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Who are the rest?  (Read 3852 times)

HoneyLamb56

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
Who are the rest?
« on: March 02, 2014, 04:57:51 PM »

If mankind is the beast; you are the beast, as I understand it from Ray's paper, then I don't comprehend the following.  Wouldn't the kings and armies all be beasts? If I am the beast then why does it say "these two"? and then the rest?  What have I missed in Ray's paper?

Rev. 19:19 And I saw the beast, the kings of the earth, and their armies, gathered together to make war against Him who sat on the horse and against His army. 

Rev 19:20 Then the beast was captured, and with him the false prophet who worked signs in his presence by which he deceived those who received the mark of the beast and those who worshiped his image.  These two were cast alive into the lake of fire...

Rev. 19:21 And the rest were killed with the sword.....

AwesomeSavior

Re: Who are the rest?
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2014, 10:25:23 PM »

HoneyLamb:

The beast is us. The false prophet represents all the false religious beliefs from Mystery: Babylon the Great. The kings of the earth, and their armies, all represent the lies, false teachings, and carnality within us that are making war against Him (Christ). It is all symbolic. Speaking of "And the rest of them were killed with the sword", check out this verse from Jeremiah: "And they shall drink, and be moved, AND BE MAD, BECAUSE OF THE SWORD that I will send among them". Jeremiah 25:16.

Dean

HoneyLamb56

« Reply #2 on: March 04, 2014, 12:09:47 PM »

Dean:
Thanks for your response.  Guess I have a mental block.  If the beast (us) is thrown into the fire then I still don't get who the "rest" are. 

Are there possibly 2 groups of people i.e. the beast (us) the believers or so called "church" and the "rest" unbelievers? Or has it to do with those who are alive at the time (Rev 19:20 These two were cast alive)  and those who have already died (the rest)?  :-\

Diane

AwesomeSavior

« Reply #3 on: March 06, 2014, 03:17:37 PM »

Diane:

Each generation from the time of Christ until His return has had and will have true believers, those who are called out and chosen and faithful. In their lifetimes, they (and now us) are living out these verses from Revelation, day by day, in terms of trials and tribulations, evils and chastenings from the Lord. All the rest of mankind, from Adam right on down until the last created human, will live out these verses during the period of time known as Judgement Day. The "rest" (Verse 21) is simply one and the same symbol for all the lies and false doctrines which make up the beast within. This is a massive beast within each one of us, and it takes a long time for it to be de-throned, and this is God's way of showing us that this is a formidable process. That's all  :)

cjwood

« Reply #4 on: March 06, 2014, 03:29:40 PM »

the "rest" are the "many".

claudia
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.048 seconds with 22 queries.