bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Forum related how to's?  Post your questions to the membership.

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Prayer  (Read 9663 times)

rick

Re: Prayer
« Reply #20 on: March 11, 2014, 10:06:45 PM »

Pray without ceasing to me is a figurative statement.

No it is not a figurative statement.  The words of Scripture are Spirit and they are Life.

Could you further elaborate for my understanding where you believe my statement, praying without ceasing is not a figurative scripture

I know that Christ words are spirit and life or that there is a higher meaning than face value in scriptures. I understand not all scripture should be taken Literal or figurative for that mater.

To pray without ceasing can not possibly mean what its insinuating as I would never get anything done.

So there must be a higher meaning here, which is why I say the scripture is of a figurative nature.
Now, also , Christ words are spirit true but they still have meaning.

Maybe I could conclude that praying without ceasing could mean that one’s life is a prayer and if one’s life is a prayer then one could not stop praying without ceasing until of course one dies.
« Last Edit: March 12, 2014, 12:10:25 AM by Rick »

John from Kentucky

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
« Reply #21 on: March 11, 2014, 10:38:46 PM »

Pray without ceasing to me is a figurative statement.

No it is not a figurative statement.  The words of Scripture are Spirit and they are Life.

Could you further elaborate for my understanding where you believe my statement, praying without ceasing is not a figurative scripture

I know that Christ words are spirit and life or that there is a higher meaning than face value in scriptures. I understand not all scripture should be taken lateral or figurative for that mater.

To pray without ceasing can not possibly mean what its insinuating as I would never get anything done.

So there must be a higher meaning here, which is why I say the scripture is of a figurative nature.
Now, also , Christ words are spirit true but they still have meaning.

Maybe I could conclude that praying without ceasing could mean that one’s life is a prayer and if one’s life is a prayer then one could not stop praying without ceasing until of course one dies.

It cannot be explained.  You must experience it to understand it.

Ray discussed it.  It is not head knowledge. 

The Beast cannot live in you when you understand that there is no free will.  That God is sovereign.

When you really know that God is sovereign, then He rules in you; in your heart; in your innermost being; in the Inner Temple of your being.  You are baptized, immersed, with His Spirit.  Once the connection is made, it cannot be broken, if you are one of the ones selected from before creation.  It is all from God; no human has any say in it.

Once connected to God, it is like a live wire; the spiritual electricity always flows.  It is like wind; it is like water; it ebbs and flows, but is always there.

Sometimes you talk; sometimes you are silent; the Spirit guides your thoughts; Scriptures will go through your head; God will teach you and give you understanding of His secrets, of His ways.  You are always in His presence.  He understands you before you even think to ask something.  There is no fear in His presence.  Just awe and respect.

His presence must be experienced.  When the connection is made, you know it.

cjwood

« Reply #22 on: March 11, 2014, 10:42:48 PM »

we do not need to worry about the physical things we need is most surely a Truth as told by Jesus. 

but, where do you draw the line in your prayer life?  if my daughter is suffering for whatever reason, and i have a physical need for her to get better, am i not to go to God and talk to Him specifically about this matter just because Jesus told us not to worry about what we should eat or wear?
Jesus did give an example of how to pray in what we know as the Lord's prayer, but is that it?  worrying about a matter, and praying about a matter are two different things.  sometimes praying for something specific we need in our lives comes down to thanking God for His tremendous love for us, and thanking Him for providing all our needs according to His will, and thanking Him for telling us in His Word all that is His will
His Word says Christ has redeemed us from the curse of the law.  there are a whole lot of curses of the law.  all the law.  not just the 10 commandments.  suffering in mind and body is a curse of the law.  my daughter and i are both believers and we have both been redeemed from the curse of the law.  can i not pray to God about any particular curse which satan is trying to attack my daughter or me with, thanking God for His grace and asking Him for mercy and His blessings, praying in faith?  we are the new spiritual Israel.  the very Spirit of our Father is within our hearts.  if His Spirit urges us to pray for any physical need we have then we should follow His prodding.  He knows our needs and as any loving Father does, God desires to provide whatever it is we have need of in our lives.  we can spiritually walk straight through the curtain torn down by Christ, into the inner sanctum of our Lord, and ask Him anything we need according to His will, His Word.  Christ Jesus.

claudia

« Last Edit: March 11, 2014, 11:12:56 PM by cjwood »

Rhys 🕊

• 🕊
    • Facebook
« Reply #23 on: March 11, 2014, 11:58:32 PM »

we do not need to worry about the physical things we need is most surely a Truth as told by Jesus. 

but, where do you draw the line in your prayer life?  if my daughter is suffering for whatever reason, and i have a physical need for her to get better, am i not to go to God and talk to Him specifically about this matter just because Jesus told us not to worry about what we should eat or wear?
Jesus did give an example of how to pray in what we know as the Lord's prayer, but is that it?  worrying about a matter, and praying about a matter are two different things.  sometimes praying for something specific we need in our lives comes down to thanking God for His tremendous love for us, and thanking Him for providing all our needs according to His will, and thanking Him for telling us in His Word all that is His will
His Word says Christ has redeemed us from the curse of the law.  there are a whole lot of curses of the law.  all the law.  not just the 10 commandments.  suffering in mind and body is a curse of the law.  my daughter and i are both believers and we have both been redeemed from the curse of the law.  can i not pray to God about any particular curse which satan is trying to attack my daughter or me with, thanking God for His grace and asking Him for mercy and His blessings, praying in faith?  we are the new spiritual Israel.  the very Spirit of our Father is within our hearts.  if His Spirit urges us to pray for any physical need we have then we should follow His prodding.  He knows our needs and as any loving Father does, God desires to provide whatever it is we have need of in our lives.  we can spiritually walk straight through the curtain torn down by Christ, into the inner sanctum of our Lord, and ask Him anything we need according to His will, His Word.  Christ Jesus.

claudia

If it's on your heart then let your requests be known

Php 4:6  do not be anxious about anything, but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known to God.
Php 4:7  And the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.

And your daughter sounds like all people

1Ti 2:1  First of all, then, I urge that supplications, prayers, intercessions, and thanksgivings be made for all people,

Rhys

🤫
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up

Page created in 0.028 seconds with 22 queries.