bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need Account Help?  Email bibletruths.forum@gmail.com   

Forgotten password reminders does not work. Contact the email above and state what you want your password changed to. (it must be at least 8 characters)

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Crazy Event !!  (Read 4465 times)

John9362

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
Crazy Event !!
« on: March 10, 2014, 12:09:36 AM »

You can not make this stuff up!!

Anyone want to take a shot at the odds of this ever happening again?

For those who have served on jury, this one is something to think about. Just when you think you have heard everything!

Do you like to read a good murder mystery? Not even Law and Order would attempt to capture this mess. This is an unbelievable twist of fate! At the 1994 annual awards dinner given for Forensic Science (AAFS), President,

Dr. Don Harper Mills astounded his audience with the legal complications of a bizarre death.

Here is the story:

On March 23, 1994, the medical examiner viewed the body of Ronald Opus, and concluded that he died from a shotgun wound to the head.
Mr. Opus had jumped from the top of a ten-story building intending to commit suicide. He left a note to the effect indicating his despondency. As he fell past the ninth floor, his life was interrupted by a shotgun blast passing through a window, which killed him instantly. Neither the shooter nor the deceased was aware that a safety net had been installed just below the eighth floor level to protect some building workers, and that Ronald Opus would not have been able to complete his suicide the way he had planned.

The room on the ninth floor, where the shotgun blast emanated, was occupied by an elderly man and his wife. They were arguing vigorously and he was threatening her with a shotgun! The man was so upset that when he pulled the trigger, he completely missed his wife, and the pellets went through the window, striking Mr. Opus.

When one intends to kill subject 'A' but kills subject 'B' in the attempt, one is guilty of the murder of subject 'B.'

When confronted with the murder charge, the old man and his wife were both adamant, and both said that they thought the shotgun was not loaded. The old man said it was a long-standing habit to threaten his wife with the unloaded shotgun. He had no intention to murder her. Therefore the killing of Mr. Opus appeared to be an accident; that is, assuming the gun had been accidentally loaded.

The continuing investigation turned up a witness who saw the old couple's son loading the shotgun about six weeks prior to the fatal accident. It transpired that the old lady had cut off her son's financial support and the son, knowing the propensity of his father to use the shotgun threateningly, loaded the gun with the expectation that his father would shoot his mother.

Since the loader of the gun was aware of this, he was guilty of the murder even though he didn't actually pull the trigger. The case now becomes one of murder on the part of the son for the death of Ronald Opus.

Now comes the exquisite twist...

Further investigation revealed that the son was, in fact, Ronald Opus. He had become increasingly despondent over the failure of his attempt to engineer his mother's murder. This led him to jump off the ten-story building on March 23rd, only to be killed by a shotgun blast passing through the ninth story window. The son, Ronald Opus, had actually murdered himself. So the medical examiner closed the case as a suicide.

A true story from Associated Press

indianabob

Re: Crazy Event !!
« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2014, 02:25:47 AM »

Just think of the exquisite timing that the incident would require for a shotgun charge traveling (1400 feet per second) to intersect at the exact instant required, a body falling at high speed passing by the window.
That would be hard to do on purpose!!  ::)

Rhys 🕊

• 🕊
    • Facebook
« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2014, 04:03:58 AM »

A similar thing happened to me but then I am making that stuff up  ;D

Rhys
🤫

theophilus

« Reply #3 on: March 10, 2014, 04:16:13 AM »

WOW!!!! What are the odds? 1/n as n approaches infinity!

wat

« Reply #4 on: March 10, 2014, 11:24:26 AM »

Rene

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: March 10, 2014, 11:45:17 AM »

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ronald_Opus

Thanks Loc.  The internet is good for telling truth and spreading lies!  Be aware! 8)

René

John9362

« Reply #6 on: March 10, 2014, 08:50:33 PM »

Sorry guys I should have checked it out before posting  :( :( :( :( :( :'( :'( :'( :'(

arion

• Marquette, MI
    • Big Bay Michigan Weather
« Reply #7 on: March 11, 2014, 05:54:32 PM »

Yeah, there are some real whoppers out there on the Internet.  These days I don't believe anything the government or media tells me, I only believe about 20% of what I read and even if I see something with my own eyes I've got to check it out because it's pretty amazing what they can do with photoshop for images and computer editing and enhancement of video.

Max

« Reply #8 on: March 11, 2014, 08:32:17 PM »

Still an interesting story. I'm sure it has made a good plot on crime shows before
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.046 seconds with 23 queries.