bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Forum related how to's?  Post your questions to the membership.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: I found truth in Christendom.  (Read 3756 times)

rick

I found truth in Christendom.
« on: March 10, 2014, 12:11:28 AM »

While driving home I notice a van pulling out from a nondenominational church parking lot, now being behind this van I saw in bold red lettering,  prepare, Jesus is coming.

I was thinking to myself after reading their slogan, I know Jesus is coming back but how is one to prepare for His return ?

No one comes to the Son except through the Father. but the slogan is true, Jesus is coming back.  :)

Rhys 🕊

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
  • 🕊
    • Facebook
Re: I found truth in Christendom.
« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2014, 03:00:15 AM »

I always wondered what they meant by prepare. I think the church would like to think one way is by the tithe and saving the lost.......gotta earn those brownie points before He returns. All quite odd when it's God who does the choosing and His will predetermines all so how are you going to prepare for that.

Yes He's coming back

1Th 4:17  Then we who are alive, who are left, will be caught up together with them in the clouds to meet the Lord in the air, and so we will always be with the Lord.

I like the bit that we will always be with the Lord

Rhys

p.s. Can we prepare by making a cake........big question I know........not sure. I will make a cake and eat it as an offering and see if it helps.  ;D
« Last Edit: March 10, 2014, 03:02:51 AM by Rhys »
🤫

jingle52

« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2014, 07:51:13 AM »

I think for those who have been called out of the church and led here means excactly what we are doing here since coming to BT, learning God's truths, applying what we have learnt in our lives through God's grace and asking our Lord to strengthen our faith, giving thanks for our blessings, and doing good.
Just my way of thinking.
Jingle

Ricky

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
« Reply #3 on: March 10, 2014, 09:37:34 AM »

I see it this way, Do not be caught sleeping, Jesus comes like a thief in the night. I think when you die, that is when Jesus comes for you. Ricky
Your heart is God`s gift to you, what you make of it, shall be your gift to Him.

Kat

« Reply #4 on: March 10, 2014, 12:41:12 PM »

Yeah I think that's the same as the catch phrase the church likes to use "watch."

Luke 21:36  Watch therefore, and pray always that you may be counted worthy to escape all these things that will come to pass, and to stand before the Son of Man.

I think the church believes this means watch world events for signs, so you will know when the 'great tribulation' is near and Jesus will come soon after. But I think it has a totally different meaning.

1Cor 16:13  Watch, stand fast in the faith, be brave, be strong.
v. 14  Let all that you do be done with love.

Mark 14:38  Watch and pray, lest you enter into temptation. The spirit indeed is willing, but the flesh is weak."

1Th 5:5  You are all sons of light and sons of the day. We are not of the night nor of darkness.
v. 6  Therefore let us not sleep, as others do, but let us watch and be sober.
v. 7  For those who sleep, sleep at night, and those who get drunk are drunk at night.
v. 8  But let us who are of the day be sober, putting on the breastplate of faith and love, and as a helmet the hope of salvation.

mercy, peace and love
Kat

rick

« Reply #5 on: March 10, 2014, 09:52:46 PM »

I always thought I controlled my own destiny, you know, life is what you make it. I never thought about having free will, it was just something we possessed , everything in my life, good or bad ,was by my hand.

I never could understand why I did some of the things in the course of my life I had done.
As I reflect over the years of my life,  I think about the things I tried to change in my life, you know, wisdom tells one how they ought to live and as much as I desired to change certain things about me I couldn’t.

For many years I always thought there was something wrong with me, well, if we control our destiny, how is it that I can’t change a thing about me?

The spiritual education I received here at B.T. allowed me to understand why I suffered so many failures in all my attempts at trying to make changes in me.

When one comes to understand that God is sovereign then one must conclude they are not sovereign. We are either slaves to sin or slaves to righteousness according to scripture and according to scripture, its not in man to direct his own footsteps.

I still like the slogan prepare, Jesus is coming but still I realize its only Jesus who can prepare me, I cannot prepare myself as scripture is quite clear in that Jesus is the author and finished of our faith.

I refuse to argue with the word of God.......He won’t let me.  :)
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.029 seconds with 22 queries.