bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need Account Help?  Email bibletruths.forum@gmail.com   

Forgotten password reminders does not work. Contact the email above and state what you want your password changed to. (it must be at least 8 characters)

Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down

Author Topic: Charlotte's Web - Medical Marijuana  (Read 19078 times)

loretta

Charlotte's Web - Medical Marijuana
« on: March 11, 2014, 04:36:01 PM »

Modern research suggests that cannabis is a valuable aid in the treatment of a wide range of clinical applications. These include pain relief, nausea, spasticity, glaucoma, and movement disorders. Marijuana is also a powerful appetite stimulant and emerging research suggests that marijuana's medicinal properties may protect the body against some types of malignant tumors, and are neuroprotective.

http://edition.cnn.com/2014/03/10/health/medical-marijuana-refugees/

All is of God.

lareli

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
Re: Charlotte's Web - Medical Marijuana
« Reply #1 on: March 12, 2014, 02:43:46 PM »

The whole concept of deeming a plant 'illegal' is stupid. God didn't make a mistake when He created the poppy flower, coca plant, cannabis, etc. He created ALL these and said they are.. GOOD.

Cannabis is a gift from God and I say Amen!
I’m just what you made God.. ~Kid Cudi

John from Kentucky

« Reply #2 on: March 12, 2014, 03:14:21 PM »

The whole concept of deeming a plant 'illegal' is stupid. God didn't make a mistake when He created the poppy flower, coca plant, cannabis, etc. He created ALL these and said they are.. GOOD.

Cannabis is a gift from God and I say Amen!

Being a dopehead is not blessed by God.

While the Scriptures allow the use of alcoholic drinks, drunkenness is condemned.

By implication, getting stoned on drugs is not approved by God either.

The Spirit of God is the spirit of a sound mind.
« Last Edit: March 13, 2014, 04:59:20 PM by John from Kentucky »

Kat

« Reply #3 on: March 12, 2014, 03:56:33 PM »

Apples and oranges. Most everything has some kind of good purpose and use, but it's also clear that carnal people can take just about anything and find an unethical or immoral way to abuse it as well.

Kat

lareli

« Reply #4 on: March 12, 2014, 03:57:24 PM »

JFK , I didn't say being a dope head is blessed by God. I said cannabis is a gift from God. Cannabis was/is created by God to be of service to man. That is fact. If you would like to offer up any Facts on the matter I would love to hear them. But I think your opinions are born out of the 1930's reefer madness propaganda and deception.
I’m just what you made God.. ~Kid Cudi

Abednego

« Reply #5 on: March 12, 2014, 04:23:33 PM »

Apples and oranges. Most everything has some kind of good purpose and use, but it's also clear that carnal people can take just about anything and find an unethical or immoral way to abuse it as well.

Kat

Exactly.  We all found this site on the web.  Look what else you can find there.

Dennis Vogel

• Administrator
« Reply #6 on: March 12, 2014, 08:25:45 PM »

Everything in moderation:

Php 4:5  Let your moderation be known unto all men. The Lord is at hand.

Kat

« Reply #7 on: March 12, 2014, 09:32:14 PM »

Claudia, I'm not pointing my finger at anybody, how would I know what you do? But we are all carnal while in the flesh. Just stating how it is and I'm sure there are good uses for the cannabis (apples), but there's certainly plenty of misuse (oranges).

mercy, peace and love
Kat
« Last Edit: March 12, 2014, 09:36:54 PM by Kat »

rick

« Reply #8 on: March 12, 2014, 10:16:40 PM »

Its not what enters the mouth of a person that defiles them but rather that which comes from the heart.

There is nothing evil in itself but rather what we do with it, but I can think of things on earth much worse than smoking a joint.

Sign, the prodigal son.

Dave in Tenn

• FaceBook David Sanderson
« Reply #9 on: March 12, 2014, 10:29:51 PM »

This is kinda what happens when we veer off the purpose of this little section of the forum.  Loretta, please consider not bringing every thing that interests you to the forum (and everybody else also).  We all know that All is of God.  Pharaoh not letting the children of Israel go was of God until He did all He determined to do.  Pharaoh paid the price of disobedience.  That TOO is of God.  Judas betrayed the Lord.  That is also of God.  Are we to follow his example?  Should we also "go out and hang" ourselves?

The salvation of the world is FUTURE.  Until then, the world is a roiling cauldron of contradiction and self-interest.  And yes, that TOO is of God, but EVERYTHING that IS of God is for HIM and HIS purpose...including you and me.
Heb 10:32  But you must continue to remember those earlier days, how after you were enlightened you endured a hard and painful struggle.

rick

« Reply #10 on: March 12, 2014, 10:51:22 PM »

We all know that All is of God.  Pharaoh not letting the children of Israel go was of God until He did all He determined to do.  Pharaoh paid the price of disobedience.  That TOO is of God.  Judas betrayed the Lord.  That is also of God.  Are we to follow his example?  Should we also "go out and hang" ourselves?

The salvation of the world is FUTURE.  Until then, the world is a roiling cauldron of contradiction and self-interest.  And yes, that TOO is of God, but EVERYTHING that IS of God is for HIM and HIS purpose...including you and me.

Very well put Dave, I enjoyed reading the above.  :)

Joel

« Reply #11 on: March 13, 2014, 02:11:01 AM »

I think that if all the big money connections were severed, marijuana would suddenly cease to be a top shelf issue.

Joel

rick

« Reply #12 on: March 13, 2014, 08:44:09 AM »

Until God eradicates evil, complete corruption will remain. Its all in the plan of God.
Let us keep learning to hate evil as God directs us to.

All of creation longs for its redemption including me too. In Gods speed of course.  :)

loretta

« Reply #13 on: March 14, 2014, 04:50:30 AM »

Gosh, I didn't expect this thread to veer so off course! :)

My heart broke reading the accounts of those, especially children suffering from epilepsy.  It was purely from the medical standpoint that I shared this information.  I wasn't in any way suggesting that we go out and get doped on marijuana. :o

But you're right Dave.  I guess it takes spiritual maturity to really understand this.  Only then will we stop thinking carnally (about the salvation of the flesh).

Dave in Tenn

• FaceBook David Sanderson
« Reply #14 on: March 14, 2014, 08:22:17 PM »

Never said it veered "off course"--only that it veered off the "light-hearted" purpose of this little corner of the forum. 
Heb 10:32  But you must continue to remember those earlier days, how after you were enlightened you endured a hard and painful struggle.

loretta

« Reply #15 on: March 15, 2014, 05:46:09 AM »

Ah, I get it now.  Had I suggested that we get doped on Charlotte's web when the fire got too hot for some of us, it would have qualified as light hearted!  ;D

But then I would have to go hang myself!!  :D

rick

« Reply #16 on: March 15, 2014, 10:51:37 AM »

Hi Loretta,

After reading your reply, I thought to myself, the human race has hung itself with God through sin.

I don’t see anything wrong with your topic, but when pride is offended it causes some to quarrel.
I’m convince no one is saved in this life, its like Dave said, salvation is future.

God tells us to love our enemies, turn the other cheek, if asked to walk one mile walk two. How are these things possible to do when we find occasion to attack one another over words written on a thread ?   :(

Kat

« Reply #17 on: March 16, 2014, 01:07:27 AM »

Salvation was certainly future for David, because the Savior/Messiah's come was yet future.

Words are very easy to mistranslate, here on this forum it is not possible to understand a person's demeanor and emphasis, as can be easily be seen when watching somebody's body language. And of course we can just look at the Scripture to see how 'words' can be so misunderstood.

We are all works in progress, and as long as we are still in the flesh we will still exhibit carnal behavior to some degree, less so as we go hopefully. I do think we show a great deal of consideration most of the time in here. It's just not easy to know how our words will be taken or exactly how to put things sometimes, but we all should understand that from our own experiences here...

mercy, peace and love
Kat

Kat

« Reply #18 on: March 16, 2014, 11:46:07 AM »

Upon further consideration I would like to say that our salvation is not yet, we are begotten with an earnest to salvation yes, but actual being saved will only come if we are in the first resurrection. Just wanted to make that clear, as we are talking about how confusing what we post can be  :-\

mercy, peace and love
Kat

onelovedread

« Reply #19 on: March 16, 2014, 10:34:15 PM »

My dear Kat
If your statement about salvation is true, then would we not be unable to obey Paul's instruction in Ephesians? He tells us to put on the whole armor of God, and the last two pieces include the helmet of salvation and the sword of the Spirit...
Seems to me it would be unwise to go into battle without a helmet ???

Habakkuk 2:4
Romans 1:17
Galatians 3:11
« Last Edit: March 16, 2014, 11:25:55 PM by JohnChris »
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up

Page created in 0.054 seconds with 23 queries.