bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need Account Help?  Email bibletruths.forum@gmail.com   

Forgotten password reminders does not work. Contact the email above and state what you want your password changed to. (it must be at least 8 characters)

Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down

Author Topic: Charlotte's Web - Medical Marijuana  (Read 19069 times)

rick

Re: Charlotte's Web - Medical Marijuana
« Reply #20 on: March 16, 2014, 11:44:00 PM »

Am I missing something in Rays teachings ? Its my understanding no one comes to Christ unless one is dragged by God the Father to Christ, do we start off now in the spirit only to finish in the flesh?

He who has begun a good work in us will also finish the work.. Jesus is the author and finisher of our faith.

Its God who puts our armor on, Jesus said Himself I can do nothing on my own and if He, Jesus cant do anything on His own, what can we do on our own ?  ???
« Last Edit: March 16, 2014, 11:46:05 PM by Rick »

Ian 155

« Reply #21 on: March 17, 2014, 06:00:24 AM »

whilst cooking dinner the other evening I indulged a bottle of wine, which caused me to go a hunting for my eldest sons weed stash ;) ......

rick

« Reply #22 on: March 17, 2014, 07:19:42 AM »

Hi Claudia,

My line of thought here is as such, ( that no man can boast ) also ( in that day many will say to me Lord, Lord, have we not feed the hungry in your name and cloths the naked in your name and so on and so forth but in that day, I shall say get to my left I never knew you.

Its amazing to me how free I feel inwardly but realizing everything I do is only the effect of a cause, God being the cause of all things.

So if I’m to put on the armor of God then who cause me to do that? God did. Yes, I agree that I do have a part, my part is this, when God says jump I say how high and God gives me the height and the length I should go and even that He does in me.

He must increase I must decrease, the works that I do be it good or bad will be burned up in the fire but the works that are done by God through me I shall be rewarded for.

If I do anything on my own then I would have cause to boast but God said that no man can boast.
I believe it’s the beast within us who says we can put on the armor of God.

I realize Paul tells us to put on the armor of God but this same Paul tells us not to sin as well. All of what the word of God tells us is true and right but we must understand its God who does it through us, its God who inspires us to do these things.

We humans by nature are against God, that is why God must drag us to Himself but does God drag us to Himself then we do the rest ? Just like scripture says ( do we start off in the spirit only to finish in the flesh ?

I say that those who finish in the flesh will only hear Christ say to them, get to my left you who work iniquity I never knew you.

A mans works will be burned up but not the man himself but the works of the Lord will not be burned up and shall stand forever.  :)

onelovedread

« Reply #23 on: March 17, 2014, 10:57:03 AM »

Rick
I'm not sure that putting on the armor of God is a work of the flesh. To me it's like in Romans 8, where Paul instructs us to walk in the Spirit so as not to satisfy the works of the flesh.
Indeed, we need the working of God in our lives, but it's by walking in Him that we do what He instructs.
Girding our loins with truth, having on the breastplate of righteousness, having our feet shod with the gospel of peace, taking the shield of faith, the helmet of salvation and the sword of the Spirit, which is the Word of God - Can you really say that these are works of the flesh?

Kat

« Reply #24 on: March 17, 2014, 11:49:16 AM »

Here are a couple things from Ray on this.

http://www.forums.bible-truths.com/index.php/topic,373.0.html ---

Understand this: It is GOD Who is directing your life, and He caused you to come to our site. There is a lot of information on our site. Unfortunately only a handful of people have ever read all the material on our site. If you will read all the material on our site, most of your questions will be answered.

No one showed me how to repent. No one showed me how to overcome. No one showed me how to conquer sin. God did it in me, for me. There was a time when I too felt helpless and didn't know what to do. I knew there was a God, but I didn't know how to really contact Him, and so basically I learned that it was He who contacted me--in HIS TIME.

I have people asking me to "Please explain the Bible to me, Ray."  Or: "Show me how to do God's perfect will so that I will be happy and have purpose in my life."

I can't really do these things. Here is what Paul instructs us:  "Wherefore, my beloved, as ye have always obeyed, not as in my presence only, but now much more in my absence [Paul was now in prison in Rome, and would never see these Philippians again] , WORK OUT YOUR OWN SALVATION WITH FEAR AND TREMBLING."  Why?

"For [because] it is GOD which works in you both to will and to do of His good pleasre" (Phil. 2:12-12).

This sounds like a contradiction to most people. The reason that we "work out our own slavation with fear and trembling" is because it is ALL OF GOD.
We cannot look to our own devices or works--only God can and will save us. You MUST rely on God IN FAITH for all of these things in your life. God will CAUSE you to work all these things out in your life.

http://forums.bible-truths.com/index.php?topic=4189.0 -------

Ray do these scriptures below mean that we are saved now? you have said and i agree  that all salvation verses are future tense.   Please give me what God has revealed to you. God bless Eddie                 

Lk.7;50  1 Corinth1:18    11 Corinth 2:15  Eph; 2:5,8  2 Timothy 1; 9

Dear Eddie:

Luke 7:50 is speaking of being "saved" from her prior condition, just as when Jesus told various people that their "faith has made thee WHOLE," when He healed them of a disease. This verse is not speaking of spiritual salvation.

I Cor. 1:18 is in the Greek aorist tense, and therefore should be rendered, "yet to us who are BEING saved...."

II Cor. 2:15 likewise should be rendered, "in those who ARE BEING saved and in those who ARE PERISHING...."

Eph. 2:5 "(in grace you are saved)" is speaking of HOW we are saved, NOT WHEN we are saved. Those to come after us also "ARE saved by grace" rather than by some other means. Same with verse 8.

II Tim. 1:9 likewise should be translated "who SAVES us and CALLS us..."

You didn't read my paper:  "YOU FOOLS! YOUR HYPOCRITES! YOUR SNAKES!" did you?  Near the end I cover these verses and explain them in detail.
    God be with you,
    Ray
-----------------------------------------------------

From the Scripture Ray shows that we are "being" saved, future tense.

Also I believe that WE do good works, as some (few) are "vessels of honor," BUT only though the Spirit of God indwelling. IMO any 'good' deed done of our self (such as all those done in the church), no matter how sincere we are is done out of selfishness in some way or other, otherwise how is this Scripture right?

Rom 3:12  They have all turned aside;
       They have together become unprofitable;
       There is none who does good, no, not one." (Psalms 14:3; 53:3)

Here is more from Ray.

http://forums.bible-truths.com/index.php/topic,5417.msg43145.html -----

That’s what grace is, divine - divinity - God - Godly influence on your heart. But now we’ve taken grace out of the realm of a noun, into a verb, it’s doing something you see. Of course I said that a long time ago. 

Jesus didn’t need grace for any pardon of anything. But did He need the influence of God, divine influence on His heart? Absolutely. That’s why He could live the way He did, accomplish what He did, never give in to wrong motives and temptations and all that. He had this divine influence of God on His heart ALL THE TIME. 

So then we read Paul says, “But by the grace of God I am what I am: and His grace (divine influence upon the heart) which was bestowed upon me was not found vain; but I labored more abundantly than they all: yet not I….” (1 Cor 15:10) 

“Yet not I” what? He said I labored, you know what that means, work. I’ve ‘worked’ harder than all of them, yet it wasn’t I that works... right? Notice it wasn’t I that was doing the work, but the grace of God which was with me. The grace of God... what? 

These things are all understood, notice it, I am what I am by His divine influence upon my heart, which He bestowed upon me and it was not in vain. But I labored more abundantly than they all labored, yet not I labored, but the grace of God labored. That’s what it’s saying, can you see that? So what is the grace of God doing in Paul’s heart? It LABORS, it works.
v

So faith is the channel and faith is believing. So you just have to believe, that’s something in your mind, that’s simple enough. I accept your free gift to save me and I believe it, that’s it, good, all done. No, not quite. Because we read, “The sum of Your word is truth…” (Psalms 119: 160(CLV). You have to put it all together.

In Luke 6: 46 Christ says, “Why call you Me Lord, Lord.” Listen, that’s faith. If you call Him Lord, it means you believe He’s Lord, right, that’s faith. So He says, why do you pretend to have faith in Me, by calling Me Lord, but you don’t do what I say? See it’s a false faith, “you do not do what I say.” It is a contradiction to say, you have faith and you don’t do anything. Notice the rest of this verse in Ephesians.

Eph 2:8 for by grace (a gratuitous gift - divine influence upon the heart) are you saved through faith (believing and doing God‘s will); and that (faith) not of yourselves, it is the gift of God;
v. 9  not of (our) works, less any man should boast (you boast when you do your own works).
v. 10  For we are HIS workmanship (His achievement - His works), created in Christ Jesus unto good works,

Do you get that? Where it says “not of works,” but “for good works.” Wait a minute is that a contradiction? No, “not of (our) works” but “for (His) good works.” There are works, they’re just not ours. But we are of His workmanship. Workmanship has the word ‘work.’ The Concordant translates it ‘achievement.’ When you want to achieve something it takes work. Who’s doing the work here? God is doing the work. What is that work? Divine influence upon the heart and then you do things. 

Eph 2:10  “… created in Christ Jesus UNTO GOOD WORKS, which God has afore ordained that we should walk in them.”

So there are works.

Rom 8:28  “And we know that God WORKS all (things), together for the good…” 
v

We are saved by grace. It’s free, gratuitous gift from God, but it does something. It teaches - it chastens - it educates - it is divine influence upon the seat of our emotions - thinking - plans - purpose - goals - aspirations and everything else. It divinely influences that heart, you can’t help it, it does it.
v

Grace is a gift, you don’t have it. Now this is something you can’t conjure up, it’s a gift of God. It’s always the grace OF God, it comes from God, there is nothing you can do. You say, ‘well what about the faith we’ve got, that comes from us.’  No no no, it says in Eph 2: 8-10 “… faith; and that NOT OF YOURSELF, it is the gift of God;” 

The faith it’s a gift, the grace it’s all a gift, everything is a gift. It’s all a gift of God. It’s all faith, it’s all grace, they are all one thing. Grace causes you to live rightly. What does faith do? If you believe God, you do what He says. It is virtually the same thing.

Now what is the goal? To make you like Christ! What is Christ? He is in the image of God. So what does God want from us? He wants us to be in His image. Physical image? No, spiritual image. It is a spiritual thing that God is doing.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

mercy, peace and love
Kat
« Last Edit: March 18, 2014, 10:27:13 PM by Kat »

rick

« Reply #25 on: March 17, 2014, 08:36:55 PM »

Hi Johnchris,

I feel the more I get my arms around Rays writings the greater my understanding of how God designed me or made me.

I’m not the free entity I thought I once was, yes I feel like a free entity inwardly but I’m not and that in itself testifies to me the great wisdom and intelligent of our creator.

What I’m beginning to see is that every choice I make is my choice, true but that choice is not made with the freedom of a free will, again, I have a will that is always and exclusively subjected to God’s will.

No matter what I do, God is behind it, either directly or indirectly but I feel at all times its always me doing it. God is spirit and works inside of me, I’m unaware of Gods presents or workings in my life because He is spirit and I am flesh and cannot detect the workings of God in my life.

I can only see the results of a change being made in me, Im not the man I once was but this is not my doing, yes, I feel like I have a desire to no longer do a certain thing but have no power to walk away, then I find I’m no longer doing a certain thing.

What happen ? I experience I have a desire then realize I could not control that desire and thus the desire for a certain thing is gone. I feel likes its all me doing it from start to finish but all credit must go to God.

When I do a good thing for anyone I realize it was God who gave to me this good thing to do but it is God doing the good thing through my person, I feel good about doing it or maybe I should say I feel good about God using me in this way.

There are a few things I know, there is nothing that is good that dwells in my flesh...carnal mind
and the heart is wicked and deceitful above all things.

There is nothing in me or about me that deserves life according to the laws of God, the carnal mind is totally self centered, arrogant, rude and prideful and its these things God must destroy in me.     

I’m not perfect but God is perfecting me, I cannot say to anyone that I am saved on this side of the resurrection, if I look at my life from Gods eyes according to my deeds I would say I’m in a lost state. But who knows, maybe God will surprise me in the first resurrection and if He does I can assure anyone, I had nothing to do with it.  :)

Kat

« Reply #26 on: March 18, 2014, 12:39:02 AM »

I would like to make a distinction here, what I am talking about is that God does cause all the "GOOD works" in believers through His Spirit indwelling, but I am not saying God actually causes all things, good and evil.

In Eph. 2 it is talking about how it's God that causes all the "good works" in believers.

Eph 2:10  For we are His workmanship, created in Christ Jesus for good works, which God prepared beforehand that we should walk in them.

I just want to make it clear that this is talking about His Spirit working in believers and that does not carry over to mean that He also is the cause of all the evil that people do.

Here is another email to clarify this a bit.

http://www.forums.bible-truths.com/index.php?topic=224.msg1868#msg1868 ------

Dear Marcus:

I have explained this many times, but there are few who can understand it.  God created man subject to VANITY (failure). God made mankind that way. It is absolutely stupid for theologians to deny it. God plainly tells us this in Rom. 8:18:25.

Man has naturally a natural mind, a mind of flesh, called in Scripture the "carnal mind" and it naturally HATES God and cannot keep His law (Rom. 8:7).

But if you or anyone does not even believe these Scriptures, why go further?  God made man is testerone. His natural inclination is to have sex with pretty women--OFTEN.

Then God turns around and tells man to not have sex with pretty women AT ALL--only in marriage.  God doesn't MAKE OR FORCE man to desire sex with women. Man desires that all on his own. Some men desire sex with children. God doesn't MAKE OR FORCED men to have sex with children.  Some men do it naturally. Are you following me?

God could stop all men from having sex with children.  But He doesn't. That's because God has a plan for the human race that involves humans doing things so horrible, that they will eventually learn to never trust their own heart and mind again. They must have faith and trust in God through His Holy Spirit.

All men would have sex with little children, if they grew up under the same circumstances as the men who do have sex with little children. This is a sobering thought that few theologians alive have ever contemplated for more than 2 and one half seconds.  And women have their particular natural inclination to commit horrible sins.  This is God's creation, not mine. This is God's plan with humans, not mine.  I can justify God in all His ways. Most can't. God will rectify and reconcile all things that has ever been committed.

God be with you,
Ray

John from Kentucky

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
« Reply #27 on: March 18, 2014, 03:33:53 PM »

Thanks Kat for the last two posts quoting Ray.

Ray nails the subject exactly by the Scriptures.

Everyone else misses critical points.

The difference between Ray's comments and the comments of others is the difference between lightning and a lightning bug.   ;D 

rick

« Reply #28 on: March 18, 2014, 09:00:23 PM »

J.F.K., are you trying to say we spiritually enlighten people here are like lightning bugs...lol   :)

loretta

« Reply #29 on: March 19, 2014, 01:16:02 AM »

This thread has served its purpose, both temporally and spiritually. :)

And is lighthearted enough too. Lighting bugs indeed!  8)

Thanks everyone.

lilitalienboi16

« Reply #30 on: March 19, 2014, 03:48:51 PM »

The whole concept of deeming a plant 'illegal' is stupid. God didn't make a mistake when He created the poppy flower, coca plant, cannabis, etc. He created ALL these and said they are.. GOOD.

Cannabis is a gift from God and I say Amen!

Being a dopehead is not blessed by God.

While the Scriptures allow the use of alcoholic drinks, drunkenness is condemned.

By implication, getting stoned on drugs is not approved by God either.

The Spirit of God is the spirit of a sound mind.

Amen John!
1 Cor 1:10 "Now I beseech you, brethren, by the name of our Lord Jesus Christ, that ye all speak the same thing, and that there be no divisions among you; but that ye be perfectly joined together in the same mind and in the same judgment."

lilitalienboi16

« Reply #31 on: March 19, 2014, 03:50:04 PM »

This is kinda what happens when we veer off the purpose of this little section of the forum.  Loretta, please consider not bringing every thing that interests you to the forum (and everybody else also).  We all know that All is of God.  Pharaoh not letting the children of Israel go was of God until He did all He determined to do.  Pharaoh paid the price of disobedience.  That TOO is of God.  Judas betrayed the Lord.  That is also of God.  Are we to follow his example?  Should we also "go out and hang" ourselves?

The salvation of the world is FUTURE.  Until then, the world is a roiling cauldron of contradiction and self-interest.  And yes, that TOO is of God, but EVERYTHING that IS of God is for HIM and HIS purpose...including you and me.

Many great posts in here, amen to you as well dave!
1 Cor 1:10 "Now I beseech you, brethren, by the name of our Lord Jesus Christ, that ye all speak the same thing, and that there be no divisions among you; but that ye be perfectly joined together in the same mind and in the same judgment."

lilitalienboi16

« Reply #32 on: March 19, 2014, 03:59:48 PM »

I would like to make a distinction here, what I am talking about is that God does cause all the "GOOD works" in believers through His Spirit indwelling, but I am not saying God actually causes all things, good and evil.

Kat I do have contention with one thing you said in bold.

Is not God the ULTIMATE CAUSE of all things? Isn't that why He has taken responsibility for the creation and died for its sins? God is the ultimate cause of evil, He said He creates it, frames it, "is there evil in a city and has not the Lord done it" ... "shall we receive good at the hands of God and not also evil..." how can he NOT cause it then?

Can you clarify please?

Thanks,
Alex

Kat

« Reply #33 on: March 19, 2014, 06:09:10 PM »

Hi Alex, I have compiled a few of Ray's emails that I think will answer your question.

http://forums.bible-truths.com/index.php?topic=2354.0 ---------------------

Dear Whirlwind:

You are not understanding this subject and the principle behind it. You ask: "Is it man making the choices or is it God's predestination of things?"  It is BOTH.  Listen:  God is SOVEREIGN! Man therefore has NO FREE WILL OR NO FREE CHOICE.  That's it. That's all there is to it.  That IS the principle. That IS the Truth.  That IS what the Bible teaches.  It is not a contradiction to say that "Man makes his own choices."  You and millions of other just think it is a contradiction to say man makes his own choices if indeed God is sovereign and God is behind all in His creation.  It is not a contradiction. It only sounds like a contradiction for those who do not believe that "God is Sovereign, and Man has no free will."

I hardly know what else to tell you.  God made man's heart. Man did not make his own heart, or his body, or his mind, or his brain, or his will, or his hopes and dreams.  They are all PREDESTINATED by the foreknowledge of God.  So then we don't make choices, right?  NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO....WE DO MAKE CHOICES.  It's just that they are CAUSED by things we can't always see.  Sometimes we can see what makes our choices and some times we can't, but either way THEY ARE CAUSED.  And God, not us, already knows in advance the outcome of all of those caused choices. How does He do that?  He is very smart (has over a 150 IQ), plus HE IS SOVEREIGN, ALL WISE, AND ALL POWERFUL.....and don't forget LOVE.

So, does God FORCE EVIL MEN TO RAPE LITTLE GIRLS?  Well, does He?  Does God being Sovereign prove that God forces evil men to rape little girls?  That's what evil theologians deduce from the truth of no free will.  They turn the Sovereignty of God into one of the biggest evils in the universe. If God is Sovereign, then God must be EVIL, because there is so much evil in the world, and God is in control of all things, right?  Wrong, wrong, wrong! 

Man makes all his own choices. Just because they are CAUSED does not mean that he does not make them.  He is, in fact, CAUSED TO MAKE HIS CHOICES. But God does not directly do this. He is responsible, but He does not directly cause those choices. Things like the Devil do such things.  And who created the Devil?  That's right, that One Who is Sovereign and in charge of all things.  Evil men like raping just like evil theologians like stealing widow's social security money.  God doesn't make them do it--THEY LIKE TO DO IT.  They volunteer with little outside influence.  God made humanity this way. He created them spiritually weak.  Eve couldn't help but sin.  God has a good purpose and God will straighten it all out in the end.

I guess I could just keep writing and writing and writing and one day someone will say................OHHHHHH, now I get it.  Maybe today is your day. I'm pulling for ya!!!

http://www.forums.bible-truths.com/index.php/topic,1744.0.html --------------------

I understand that these things are "spiritually discerned," and that people frustrate themselves over trying to understand spiritual things with a carnal mind. When a man rapes a little girl, IT ASSUREDLY IS NOT GOD!  When one prays to be rich and famous, IT ASSUREDLY IS NOT GOD!  ALL IS OF GOD, but not is all of God directly.  God created man--man SINS, God if free from sin and never sins or MAKES OR FORCES anyone to sin. Neither does He FORCE people to be rich or famous. God created man and man chooses what he does based on the strongest motivation in his heart.
And most people's heart consists of lust, lies, blasphemy and the like.

"Let no man say when he is tempted, I am tempted of God: for God cannot be tempted with evil, neither tempts he any man: but every man is tempted, when he is drawn away of HIS OWN LUSTS [whether for bad and evil things or for for what we may perceive as good things which may not be good or righteous things], and enticed" (James 1:13-14).

Man has the ability to make choices. He does not have the ability to make choices that are free from any cause. The "cause" of most of our choices is our mind and heart.  And of the abundance of our heart, our mind thinks, our tongue speaks, and in our body we take physical action.  Only God can give us a "new" and pure heart.

http://www.forums.bible-truths.com/index.php?topic=253.msg2134#msg2134 -------

Until we come to realize that we are all just as evil as John Calvin or Adolph Hitler, we will never ever understand evil in the world.  I thank God that I have never slowly burned another man or woman at the stake over a low heat fire, but I also know that under the same circumstances, I could have done such a thing. It is within the carnal mind to do ALL the evils of the universe, and that is why carnal-minded people do such things.
Ask yourself what kinda of a God would allow YOU to be led to these same crimes of eating your own children?  PEOPLE rape little girls, not God!  Some people WANT to rape little girls. Others just want to DECEIVE their fellow brothers and sisters into thinking that they are powerful, or great, or spiritual, or wise, or loving, etc., but are just as evil inside as Adolph Hitler. Given the opportunity we would have all been Calvin and Hitler.  But is it necessary? Yes, it is necessary. Do we think that God is playing a game?
I once placed a board across a little stream that I crossed going to school in the first grade. However, laying a board across San Francisco Bay is a bit more involved.  Creating a cat that will sit and purr on your lap is one thing, but creating creatures into the very IMAGE OF GOD HIMSELF, is quite another. Even the miracle of the Golden Gate Bridge compared to a wooden board cannot compare to what we see now and what we will be when God is through with us.
 It takes incredible powers of good and evil to accomplish this. Christians cannot justify God's use of evil, and hence attribute it to what they perceive to be a greater force than God--SATAN.  Supposedly God doesn't want evil, but He just can't stop Satan. Nonsense.

http://www.forums.bible-truths.com/index.php/topic,1493.0.html ------------------

As it is absolutely Scripturally true that man has no free will, and therefore is always subject to the higther powers that be, when people begin to see this truth, they often balk at it and feel that God is unfair and that man is being judged for things that God MADE HIM DO AGAINST HIS WILL.  When in reality, NOTHING COULD BE FURTHER FROM THE TRUTH!!

Most of the human race has always believed that it possesses "free will."  And so as long as any man believes this falsehood, he is operating in his own little world with absolutely no grudge against God for his personal decisions.  But when he begins to see that he has no free will, he then does begin to think that he has a justifiable grudge against God for MAKING HIM SIN.  He was wrong when he thought that he had free will, and he is just as wrong when he thinks that the only alternative is that God MAKES HIM SIN AGAINST HIS OWN WILL.

I have stated many times that God DOES NOT MAKE OR FORCE ANYONE TO SIN AGAINST HIS OWN WILL--MAN DESIRES TO SIN, WANTS TO SIN, AND THEREFORE VOLUNTEERS TO SIN.  God did not FORCE or MAKE Eve eat of the forbidden fruit. Her own DESIRES caused her to lust and eat of the forbidden fruit.
And so the real question is: "Does God have the right to make mankind subject to the desires of their own heart?"  Think about it, as I have, for a few thousand hours, and maybe God will grant to you the spiritual understanding of this matter.

Hundreds of totally deceived and spiritually blind Christians have told me that: "God does not want robots to love Him--He desires people to love Him by their OWN FREE WILL."  Oh really?  And can the carnal mind indeed love God by its own nature; its own heart; its own desires?  NO IT CAN'T.  And so the very thing that Christians demand as necessary for our love for God to be genuine, is the very thing that totally disqualifies it from being genuine.  The natural mind is totally incapable of  loving God:  "For the carnal mind is enmity [deep-seated HATRED] AGAINST GOD..." (Rom. 8:7).

It all starts with God, not with us:  "We love Him [God] because He FIRST LOVED US"  (I John 4:19).

God created mankind spiritually WEAK--subject to the lusts and sins of his own heart, so that man will learn that he CANNOT love God first;  he cannot obey spiritual laws and commandments;  he cannot please God;  he cannot accomplish anything of lasting value through his wicked and deceitful heart. (Jer. 17:9).  And therefore God's ways will justify His means.  The rewards and the blessings are not even to be compared with the glory that God is creating in the human race (Rom. 8:18).

God be with you,
Ray

lilitalienboi16

« Reply #34 on: March 19, 2014, 06:37:48 PM »

Hi Alex, I have compiled a few of Ray's emails that I think will answer your question.

http://forums.bible-truths.com/index.php?topic=2354.0 ---------------------

Dear Whirlwind:

You are not understanding this subject and the principle behind it. You ask: "Is it man making the choices or is it God's predestination of things?"  It is BOTH.  Listen:  God is SOVEREIGN! Man therefore has NO FREE WILL OR NO FREE CHOICE.  That's it. That's all there is to it.  That IS the principle. That IS the Truth.  That IS what the Bible teaches.  It is not a contradiction to say that "Man makes his own choices."  You and millions of other just think it is a contradiction to say man makes his own choices if indeed God is sovereign and God is behind all in His creation.  It is not a contradiction. It only sounds like a contradiction for those who do not believe that "God is Sovereign, and Man has no free will."

I hardly know what else to tell you.  God made man's heart. Man did not make his own heart, or his body, or his mind, or his brain, or his will, or his hopes and dreams.  They are all PREDESTINATED by the foreknowledge of God.  So then we don't make choices, right?  NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO....WE DO MAKE CHOICES.  It's just that they are CAUSED by things we can't always see.  Sometimes we can see what makes our choices and some times we can't, but either way THEY ARE CAUSED.  And God, not us, already knows in advance the outcome of all of those caused choices. How does He do that?  He is very smart (has over a 150 IQ), plus HE IS SOVEREIGN, ALL WISE, AND ALL POWERFUL.....and don't forget LOVE.

So, does God FORCE EVIL MEN TO RAPE LITTLE GIRLS?  Well, does He?  Does God being Sovereign prove that God forces evil men to rape little girls?  That's what evil theologians deduce from the truth of no free will.  They turn the Sovereignty of God into one of the biggest evils in the universe. If God is Sovereign, then God must be EVIL, because there is so much evil in the world, and God is in control of all things, right?  Wrong, wrong, wrong! 

Man makes all his own choices. Just because they are CAUSED does not mean that he does not make them.  He is, in fact, CAUSED TO MAKE HIS CHOICES. But God does not directly do this. He is responsible, but He does not directly cause those choices. Things like the Devil do such things.  And who created the Devil?  That's right, that One Who is Sovereign and in charge of all things.  Evil men like raping just like evil theologians like stealing widow's social security money.  God doesn't make them do it--THEY LIKE TO DO IT.  They volunteer with little outside influence.  God made humanity this way. He created them spiritually weak.  Eve couldn't help but sin.  God has a good purpose and God will straighten it all out in the end.

I guess I could just keep writing and writing and writing and one day someone will say................OHHHHHH, now I get it.  Maybe today is your day. I'm pulling for ya!!!

http://www.forums.bible-truths.com/index.php/topic,1744.0.html --------------------

I understand that these things are "spiritually discerned," and that people frustrate themselves over trying to understand spiritual things with a carnal mind. When a man rapes a little girl, IT ASSUREDLY IS NOT GOD!  When one prays to be rich and famous, IT ASSUREDLY IS NOT GOD!  ALL IS OF GOD, but not is all of God directly.  God created man--man SINS, God if free from sin and never sins or MAKES OR FORCES anyone to sin. Neither does He FORCE people to be rich or famous. God created man and man chooses what he does based on the strongest motivation in his heart.
And most people's heart consists of lust, lies, blasphemy and the like.

"Let no man say when he is tempted, I am tempted of God: for God cannot be tempted with evil, neither tempts he any man: but every man is tempted, when he is drawn away of HIS OWN LUSTS [whether for bad and evil things or for for what we may perceive as good things which may not be good or righteous things], and enticed" (James 1:13-14).

Man has the ability to make choices. He does not have the ability to make choices that are free from any cause. The "cause" of most of our choices is our mind and heart.  And of the abundance of our heart, our mind thinks, our tongue speaks, and in our body we take physical action.  Only God can give us a "new" and pure heart.

http://www.forums.bible-truths.com/index.php?topic=253.msg2134#msg2134 -------

Until we come to realize that we are all just as evil as John Calvin or Adolph Hitler, we will never ever understand evil in the world.  I thank God that I have never slowly burned another man or woman at the stake over a low heat fire, but I also know that under the same circumstances, I could have done such a thing. It is within the carnal mind to do ALL the evils of the universe, and that is why carnal-minded people do such things.
Ask yourself what kinda of a God would allow YOU to be led to these same crimes of eating your own children?  PEOPLE rape little girls, not God!  Some people WANT to rape little girls. Others just want to DECEIVE their fellow brothers and sisters into thinking that they are powerful, or great, or spiritual, or wise, or loving, etc., but are just as evil inside as Adolph Hitler. Given the opportunity we would have all been Calvin and Hitler.  But is it necessary? Yes, it is necessary. Do we think that God is playing a game?
I once placed a board across a little stream that I crossed going to school in the first grade. However, laying a board across San Francisco Bay is a bit more involved.  Creating a cat that will sit and purr on your lap is one thing, but creating creatures into the very IMAGE OF GOD HIMSELF, is quite another. Even the miracle of the Golden Gate Bridge compared to a wooden board cannot compare to what we see now and what we will be when God is through with us.
 It takes incredible powers of good and evil to accomplish this. Christians cannot justify God's use of evil, and hence attribute it to what they perceive to be a greater force than God--SATAN.  Supposedly God doesn't want evil, but He just can't stop Satan. Nonsense.

http://www.forums.bible-truths.com/index.php/topic,1493.0.html ------------------

As it is absolutely Scripturally true that man has no free will, and therefore is always subject to the higther powers that be, when people begin to see this truth, they often balk at it and feel that God is unfair and that man is being judged for things that God MADE HIM DO AGAINST HIS WILL.  When in reality, NOTHING COULD BE FURTHER FROM THE TRUTH!!

Most of the human race has always believed that it possesses "free will."  And so as long as any man believes this falsehood, he is operating in his own little world with absolutely no grudge against God for his personal decisions.  But when he begins to see that he has no free will, he then does begin to think that he has a justifiable grudge against God for MAKING HIM SIN.  He was wrong when he thought that he had free will, and he is just as wrong when he thinks that the only alternative is that God MAKES HIM SIN AGAINST HIS OWN WILL.

I have stated many times that God DOES NOT MAKE OR FORCE ANYONE TO SIN AGAINST HIS OWN WILL--MAN DESIRES TO SIN, WANTS TO SIN, AND THEREFORE VOLUNTEERS TO SIN.  God did not FORCE or MAKE Eve eat of the forbidden fruit. Her own DESIRES caused her to lust and eat of the forbidden fruit.
And so the real question is: "Does God have the right to make mankind subject to the desires of their own heart?"  Think about it, as I have, for a few thousand hours, and maybe God will grant to you the spiritual understanding of this matter.

Hundreds of totally deceived and spiritually blind Christians have told me that: "God does not want robots to love Him--He desires people to love Him by their OWN FREE WILL."  Oh really?  And can the carnal mind indeed love God by its own nature; its own heart; its own desires?  NO IT CAN'T.  And so the very thing that Christians demand as necessary for our love for God to be genuine, is the very thing that totally disqualifies it from being genuine.  The natural mind is totally incapable of  loving God:  "For the carnal mind is enmity [deep-seated HATRED] AGAINST GOD..." (Rom. 8:7).

It all starts with God, not with us:  "We love Him [God] because He FIRST LOVED US"  (I John 4:19).

God created mankind spiritually WEAK--subject to the lusts and sins of his own heart, so that man will learn that he CANNOT love God first;  he cannot obey spiritual laws and commandments;  he cannot please God;  he cannot accomplish anything of lasting value through his wicked and deceitful heart. (Jer. 17:9).  And therefore God's ways will justify His means.  The rewards and the blessings are not even to be compared with the glory that God is creating in the human race (Rom. 8:18).

God be with you,
Ray

Hello Kat,

Thank you for the reply. I've read all these things by ray and I seem them as he does; however, I do not see him saying anywhere that God is not the ULTIMATE cause of all evil in the world. He created it. He died for the sins of the world because He was taking responsibility for the fact that He created humanity with a weak heart and thereby causing humanity to sin voluntarily.

As ray said; "God created mankind spiritually WEAK--subject to the lusts and sins of his own heart, so that man will learn that he CANNOT love God first;  he cannot obey spiritual laws and commandments;  he cannot please God;  he cannot accomplish anything of lasting value through his wicked and deceitful heart. (Jer. 17:9).  And therefore God's ways will justify His means.  The rewards and the blessings are not even to be compared with the glory that God is creating in the human race (Rom. 8:18)."

Who was it that made man subject to vanity and with a spiritually weak heart? Man himself? No , GOD. Therefor HE IS the ultimate CAUSE. God takes responsbility for His actions and emphatically declares He is the creator of evil. So how can you say he is not the cause of all good and evil?  Or am I misunderstanding what you wrote originally?

Just to clarify, I agree that God does not FORCE anyone to sin, man does it voluntarily, he doesn't need to be coerced one bit; but, to say that God is somehow not the cause of evil just because he doesn't FORCE people, that he doesn't act as the DIRECT and IMMEDIATE CAUSE, to do evil, is trying to split hairs and take the responsibility away from God for the way the world is. God CREATED Evil and He CREATED MAN WEAK incapable of doing good. He is absolutely, totally, responsible and the cause. Without God, none of this universe would exist let alone the evil people do as they too would not exist. In the beginning was the Word... it all started with Him. The ultimate cause. The CAUSE of ALL THINGS.

Isaiah 45:7 I form the light, and create darkness: I make peace, and create evil: I the Lord do all these things.
Jeremiah 18:11 Now therefore go to, speak to the men of Judah, and to the inhabitants of Jerusalem, saying, Thus saith the Lord; Behold, I FRAME EVIL against you, and devise a device against you: return ye now every one from his evil way, and make your ways and your doings good.
Amos 3:6 Shall a trumpet be blown in the city, and the people not be afraid? shall there be evil in a city, and the Lord hath not done it?
Job 2:10 But he said unto her, Thou speakest as one of the foolish women speaketh. What? shall we receive good at the hand of God, and shall we not receive evil? In all this did not Job sin with his lips.

I don't see God as a onlooker in His creation but rather very active in it from the good to the evil. Its an experience of EVIL that ELOHIM has GIVEN unto the sons of men, to humble them thereby it.

I should add too, that, Joe Schmo who raped 10 little girls before brutally murdering them doesn't die for his own sins because God takes responsibility for the fact that He created joe Schmo, weak and incapable of doing good, full well knowing what this guy would do, the evil he would do. Joe SChmo wasn't forced to do the evil, he gladly volunteered for it but it was by nature of how he was created. God was the cause of him being spiritually weak and incapable of doing good, therefor GOd was also the cause of the evil he ultimately committed. Perhaps not directly but certainly indirectly.

Again... maybe I am misunderstanding you Kat. Apologies if I am.

Blessings,
Alex
« Last Edit: March 19, 2014, 06:45:51 PM by lilitalienboi16 »

Kat

« Reply #35 on: March 19, 2014, 10:54:33 PM »

Hi alex, I guess I am "trying to split hairs" here, because I do not think it is as simple as God causes all things, period and just leave it at that. As we all have learned there are many complicated issues in understanding this truth and I want to take notice of some of the more specific points that I think are very important to having a complete understanding.

Yes of course God is responsible for all of His creation and the plan that He has for it. But when we say the God is the ultimate cause of everything and that includes evil and just leave it at that, it can make God sound evil, which we know He is not. I think we need to try to show a more complete picture, so that is what I'm getting at. So here are more emails.

http://bible-truths.com/email11.htm ------------------

Why would Jesus tell us to pray that God should NOT lead us into temptation [Gk: trial] when, in reality, we DO go through trials?

After all, Jesus was led of the spirit into the wilderness for the express purpose of being "tried."

Then James comes along and says

"Let no man say when he is tempted, I am tempted of God: for God cannot be tempted with evil, NEITHER TEMPTS HE ANY MANY." (James 1:13).

And if that is bad enough, James first tells us in James 1:2 to

"...COUNT IT ALL JOY WHEN YE FALL INTO DIVERS TEMPTATIONS"!

What is going on here?

Although this might sound like a triple contradiction, it is not.

First let's be abundantly clear that God, HIMSELF, does not ever do the actual "trying or tempting."

"And the SERPENT said unto Eve... And when the woman SAW that the tree was good for food,  and that it was PLEASANT TO THE EYES ['...the lust of the eyes ... is NOT OF the Father...' John 2:16], and a tree to be DESIRED to make one wise, she TOOK of the fruit thereof, and DID EAT... And the woman said, THE SERPENT BEGUILED [deceived] ME..." (Gen. 3:6 & 13).

"And lead us not into temptation but DELIVER US FROM THE EVIL ONE [Satan]" (Matt. 6:13).

"...when YOU  FALL into divers [various] temptations [trials]..." (James 1:2).

"But every man is tempted, when he is DRAWN AWAY OF HIS OWN LUST, and enticed. THEN when lust has conceived, it brings forth SIN: and sin, when it is finished [full grown], brings DEATH" (James 1:14-15).

From all of these examples it is abundantly clear that it is not the OBJECT that is the TEMPTATION, but rather the temptation COMES FROM WITHIN, not from without. It was not the "tree" that MADE Eve lust. It is not the "pretty woman" that MAKES a man lust. The LUST IS IN THE MIND, IN THE HEART, and therefore, the trial IS IN THE HEART AND MIND, not in the literal flesh.

And so we pray that God should not lead us into temptation, but rather DELIVER US FROM THE EVIL ONE [Satan] WHO DOES LEAD US INTO TEMPTATION.

But notice again, we pray that we should be "DELIVERED." We cannot be 'delivered' from something UNLESS WE ARE ALREADY IN IT! God intends that we get "IN IT"--trials and temptations, which are GOOD FOR US, AFTER we have gone through them.

The longer we live the Christian walk, the better we should get at this. Hence Paul tells us,

"For if we would JUDGE OURSELVES, we should not be judged" (I Cor. 11:31).

The MORE we 'judge ourselves' the LESS we are "lead into temptation." We learn to cut it off at the pass, as they say. It is by God's divine counsel that we are led into temptation (even if God never DIRECTLY tries or tempts us), and it is by God's divine counsel that He delivers us from the "evil one."

http://www.forums.bible-truths.com/index.php/topic,3570.0.html ------

There are many things that God has created that are not a part of His "heart." Evil is not a part of God's heart. The death of the wicked is not something God cherishes in His heart. Sin is not something that God endorses, yet He created all the circumstances for its use.

http://forums.bible-truths.com/index.php?topic=3815.0 ----------------

We must be careful how we use words and phrases and also be careful not
to draw fallacious conclusions from Scriptural Truths. The Bible nowhere says
that God "pre-ordained" such sins. It says he has a fore-knowledge OF such
sins. Many people over the years have tried to force me into saying that God sins
and that God is evil, but I won't say it, because I don't believe it. God nowhere
says that He "ordains" sin, and so I don't say it either.

God did not "pre-ordain" me to eat Girl Scott cookies today, but I did. Man has
the ability to think, plan, create, imagine, and carry out these devised lusts of his
heart, and yes, God KNEW a long time ago just what we would do,  but nowhere
does it say that God "pre-ordained" our sins. We live and operate under law. We
automatically do certain things under certain stimuli. It does not need to be "pre-
ordained."

Maybe what you are really asking is why did God create humanity so that they would
sin under all of these different stimuli?  But that's a topic too big for an email. Besides,
I have covered these things many times in the articles on our site. If you look up ordain
or ordained in a concordance, you will find that God has ordained dozens of things in
the Scripture, but nowhere does it say He ordained particular sins.

God be with you,
Ray

lilitalienboi16

« Reply #36 on: March 20, 2014, 03:26:49 PM »

Hi alex, I guess I am "trying to split hairs" here, because I do not think it is as simple as God causes all things, period and just leave it at that. As we all have learned there are many complicated issues in understanding this truth and I want to take notice of some of the more specific points that I think are very important to having a complete understanding.

Yes of course God is responsible for all of His creation and the plan that He has for it. But when we say the God is the ultimate cause of everything and that includes evil and just leave it at that, it can make God sound evil, which we know He is not. I think we need to try to show a more complete picture, so that is what I'm getting at. So here are more emails.

http://bible-truths.com/email11.htm ------------------

Why would Jesus tell us to pray that God should NOT lead us into temptation [Gk: trial] when, in reality, we DO go through trials?

After all, Jesus was led of the spirit into the wilderness for the express purpose of being "tried."

Then James comes along and says

"Let no man say when he is tempted, I am tempted of God: for God cannot be tempted with evil, NEITHER TEMPTS HE ANY MANY." (James 1:13).

And if that is bad enough, James first tells us in James 1:2 to

"...COUNT IT ALL JOY WHEN YE FALL INTO DIVERS TEMPTATIONS"!

What is going on here?

Although this might sound like a triple contradiction, it is not.

First let's be abundantly clear that God, HIMSELF, does not ever do the actual "trying or tempting."

"And the SERPENT said unto Eve... And when the woman SAW that the tree was good for food,  and that it was PLEASANT TO THE EYES ['...the lust of the eyes ... is NOT OF the Father...' John 2:16], and a tree to be DESIRED to make one wise, she TOOK of the fruit thereof, and DID EAT... And the woman said, THE SERPENT BEGUILED [deceived] ME..." (Gen. 3:6 & 13).

"And lead us not into temptation but DELIVER US FROM THE EVIL ONE [Satan]" (Matt. 6:13).

"...when YOU  FALL into divers [various] temptations [trials]..." (James 1:2).

"But every man is tempted, when he is DRAWN AWAY OF HIS OWN LUST, and enticed. THEN when lust has conceived, it brings forth SIN: and sin, when it is finished [full grown], brings DEATH" (James 1:14-15).

From all of these examples it is abundantly clear that it is not the OBJECT that is the TEMPTATION, but rather the temptation COMES FROM WITHIN, not from without. It was not the "tree" that MADE Eve lust. It is not the "pretty woman" that MAKES a man lust. The LUST IS IN THE MIND, IN THE HEART, and therefore, the trial IS IN THE HEART AND MIND, not in the literal flesh.

And so we pray that God should not lead us into temptation, but rather DELIVER US FROM THE EVIL ONE [Satan] WHO DOES LEAD US INTO TEMPTATION.

But notice again, we pray that we should be "DELIVERED." We cannot be 'delivered' from something UNLESS WE ARE ALREADY IN IT! God intends that we get "IN IT"--trials and temptations, which are GOOD FOR US, AFTER we have gone through them.

The longer we live the Christian walk, the better we should get at this. Hence Paul tells us,

"For if we would JUDGE OURSELVES, we should not be judged" (I Cor. 11:31).

The MORE we 'judge ourselves' the LESS we are "lead into temptation." We learn to cut it off at the pass, as they say. It is by God's divine counsel that we are led into temptation (even if God never DIRECTLY tries or tempts us), and it is by God's divine counsel that He delivers us from the "evil one."

http://www.forums.bible-truths.com/index.php/topic,3570.0.html ------

There are many things that God has created that are not a part of His "heart." Evil is not a part of God's heart. The death of the wicked is not something God cherishes in His heart. Sin is not something that God endorses, yet He created all the circumstances for its use.

http://forums.bible-truths.com/index.php?topic=3815.0 ----------------

We must be careful how we use words and phrases and also be careful not
to draw fallacious conclusions from Scriptural Truths. The Bible nowhere says
that God "pre-ordained" such sins. It says he has a fore-knowledge OF such
sins. Many people over the years have tried to force me into saying that God sins
and that God is evil, but I won't say it, because I don't believe it. God nowhere
says that He "ordains" sin, and so I don't say it either.

God did not "pre-ordain" me to eat Girl Scott cookies today, but I did. Man has
the ability to think, plan, create, imagine, and carry out these devised lusts of his
heart, and yes, God KNEW a long time ago just what we would do,  but nowhere
does it say that God "pre-ordained" our sins. We live and operate under law. We
automatically do certain things under certain stimuli. It does not need to be "pre-
ordained."

Maybe what you are really asking is why did God create humanity so that they would
sin under all of these different stimuli?  But that's a topic too big for an email. Besides,
I have covered these things many times in the articles on our site. If you look up ordain
or ordained in a concordance, you will find that God has ordained dozens of things in
the Scripture, but nowhere does it say He ordained particular sins.

God be with you,
Ray

Well I suppose I should split hairs as well then. I know there are many complicated matters in the scriptures. I am also very open to being wrong as I know that we were all blind once and may still be blind to many things. Only God can give us sight.

Now... God doesn't just "leave it at that." God has a plan and that plan will bring about the ultimate reconciliation of all things unto Himself through His Son. I don't see that as making Him evil. I don't see that just because God "creates evil" and "causes all things" to work after the council of His own Will, that when we take Him on His word, we get an evil God.

Eph 1:10-11 "That in the dispensation of the fullness of times he might gather together in one all things in Christ, both which are in heaven, and which are on earth; even in him: In whom also we have obtained an inheritance, being PREDESTINATED according to the purpose of him who worketh ALL THINGS after the COUNSEL OF HIS OWN WILL."

2 Cor 5:18-19 "ALL THINGS ARE OF GOD, who hath reconciled us to himself by Jesus Christ, and hath given to us the ministry of reconciliation; To wit, that God was in Christ, RECONCILING THE WORLD UNTO HIMSELF, not imputing their trespasses unto them; and hath committed unto us the word of reconciliation."

Can we throw "evil" out of this "all things" because we think it makes God evil?  DOES it mean God is EVIL? I really don't think so. I think It means He possess evil in some form. What form? IN THE FORM OF KNOWLEDGE. He can create it.

QUOTING RAY: http://bible-truths.com/lake2.html

"We have got to get away from the "God allows certain things" mentality and syndrome. God CREATES, God DESTROYS, God HEALS, God KILLS, God CAUSES, God BRINGS ABOUT, God SAVES. God does not "allow" things that He has not foreordained to be! This popular doctrine among the religions of the world is utter unscriptural foolishness. The teaching suggests that man does things that God had no previous knowledge of, does not approve of, wishes would have never happened, but nonetheless, He "allows" them. Certainly He "allows" them in as much as He does not "disallow" them, but this still begs the question AS TO THEIR TRUE ORIGIN. God is the Creator, not Satan.

"For OF Him, and THROUGH Him, and TO Him, are all things: to Whom be glory for ever.  Amen" (KJV Rom. 11:36).

"Seeing that OUT of Him and THROUGH Him and FOR Him is all..." (Concordant Version).

Does this also include EVIL?

"That they may know from the rising of the sun, and from the west, that there is none beside Me, I am the LORD, and there is none else. I form the light, and create darkness; I make peace, AND CREATE EVIL: I the LORD do ALL THESE THINGS" (Isaiah 45:6-7).

There are many many things in life that are very hard to accept and deal with in our weakened spiritual state. I cannot, after all this time, get the images of the Twin Towers collapsing on thousands of people, out of my mind. Or maybe even worse, the men, women and children in the four planes that knew they were destined to a violent disintegration in fire! I get teary-eyed every time I think of it. It is extremely traumatic to contemplate. And now another shuttle disaster! One at the hands of evil terrorists; the other an accident, fate, providence? But what is gained by trying to take all of these things out of the realm of God’s responsibility? God and God only has the "ability-to-respond." Man is not running God’s creation, God is. How can anyone doubt it?"

No, I see a very In control God. A God with a plan. I'm going to be honest Kat, it really sounds like you're trying to take the responsibility away from God for why things are the way they are in this world. For why the vast sea of humanity is nothing more than carnal beings all to quickly willing to line up for the next sinful act. This doesn't bode well with me.

Now as for temptation. I don't see God being the ultimate cause of all things--as He is the source of this creation--as equating Him to being the immediate reason people are tempted. However, the heart that is subject to temptations from which all evil things proceed forth was given to us by God. How then can you not lay the responsibility on God? How can you not say he is the TRUE ORIGIN?

God created Satan to tempt us and to try us.

1 Peter 5:8 "Be sober, be vigilant; because your adversary the devil, as a roaring lion, walketh about, seeking whom he may devour:"

Isaiah 54:16 "Behold, I have created the smith that bloweth the coals in the fire, and that bringeth forth an instrument for his work; and I HAVE CREATED THE WASTER TO DESTROY."

Can you honestly tell me that without God having created Satan as a waster to destroy, that Satan would still be running around trying to tempt man kind and destroy him at every turn? If the answer is no, then how can you take God off the hook? Is not God the ultimate cause for someone being tempted as God created Satan and it is Satan who can tempt us? Doesn't this require GOd to take responsibility for His actions as in dying for our sins instead of WE dying for our OWN sins? Is this not what we see happened? I'm splittings hairs too now but the point must be made.

Lets consider the temptation of man, as he is tempted of his own self.

""But every man is tempted, when he is DRAWN AWAY OF HIS OWN LUST, and enticed. THEN when lust has conceived, it brings forth SIN: and sin, when it is finished [full grown], brings DEATH" (James 1:14-15)."

Now lets look at what eve did:

"And the SERPENT said unto Eve... And when the woman SAW that the tree was good for food,  and that it was PLEASANT TO THE EYES ['...the lust of the eyes ... is NOT OF the Father...' John 2:16], and a tree to be DESIRED to make one wise, she TOOK of the fruit thereof, and DID EAT... And the woman said, THE SERPENT BEGUILED [deceived] ME..." (Gen. 3:6 & 13)."

Eve committed every act of sin before she ever ate of the fruit of knowledge of good and evil, so how can you say God is not the ultimate cause as He created humanity in this state from the start. She was only capable of being tempted FROM THE START because of how she was created. She didn't develop this willingness to be tempted or this love of sinning. It was in her. Being tempted is not a sin but to say that when we are tempted, God is absolutely blameless in the matter is to try and remove God from the equation when He is the very reason the equation, or anything for that matter, any person to be tempted, exists in the first place.

QUOTING RAY: http://bible-truths.com/lake15.html

IN THE BEGINNING/IN THE GARDEN

What was the first historically recorded choice of our first parents? We read of Mother Eve that:

"…she took of the fruit thereof, and did eat…" (Gen. 3:6).

But was this the first choice and the first sin attributed to our Mother Eve? No, it wasn’t the first. It was not even the second, or the third choice.

It is generally taught that Adam and Eve were spiritually perfect immediately after their creation, seeing that it says,

"And God saw every thing that He had made, and, behold, it was very good…" (Gen. 1:31).

Never mind the fact that even poisonous snakes were also "very good." Of course everything God made was "good." It was, in fact, even "perfect"—perfect, that is, for the purpose for which it was created.

But did our first parents have perfect and good spiritual character of heart when God completed them? Absolutely not! Far from it! They were as carnal-minded as any two people who have ever lived.

The Scriptures show us that Eve committed every known category of sin there is, before she ever ate of the forbidden fruit. This one should knock your socks off. It knocked mine off when I first discovered it.

Matthew 15:19 For out of the heart proceed evil thoughts, murders, adulteries, fornications, thefts, false witness, blasphemies:

Mark 7:21 For from within, out of the heart of men, proceed evil thoughts, adulteries, fornications, murders,

Jeremiah 17:9 The heart is deceitful above all things, and DESPERATELY WEAK: who can know it?

Again I ask, who created Humanity in this state of weakness, subject to futility and temptation?  Who gave man this Heart? Satan? Man Himself? Or was it God?

Romans 8:19-21 For the creature was made subject to vanity, NOT WILLINGLY, but BY REASON OF HIM [GOD!] who hath subjected the same in hope, Because the creature itself also shall be delivered from the bondage of corruption into the glorious liberty of the children of God.

As ray said, Temptation comes from within, I do not argue that; HOWEVER, can we suddenly now say that God is no longer responsible or the ULTIMATE CAUSE of WHY man finds himself in this situation? For why man is tempted? No we can't because without God having created us subject to vanity, with weak hearts, incapable of doing good and without God having created satan to tempt us and destroy us, without God having created evil, we would not be doing the things we are doing. YES, WE VOLUNTEER, YES WE WANT TO DO THEM, but we are VERY MUCH products of our circumstances and biology.

I agree with ray that evil is not apart of His heart. It is why He used his HAND to create the SERPENT but HIS SPIRIT to garnish the heavens. Does this somehow negate God's responsibility in creating Satan? In creating evil? Does this somehow make him LESS A CAUSE for its existence?

Lastly, Ordaining sins and God being the ultimate cause of sin are two different things in my opinion. Apples and oranges. God doesn't have to ORDAIN ANYONE to SIN because we VOLUNTEER. He just needs to "set the mood" for lack of a better phrase and we're in, hook line and sinker. BUT WHY DO WE VOLUNTEER? Because of how we were programmed, how we are hard wired and because of "external stimuli"--to use rays own words--that lead us to temptation. We are the CLAY, the FIRST VESSEL HE MADE WAS MARRED. Marred by who?! Molded by who?! Ourselves?! All things things are a product of God the creator whether they were garnished by His spirit or made by His hand (not of His heart), they still ALL POINT BACK TO HIM.

This is how I see things. I could be way off but it makes sense to me and I don't see an evil God. I see a very loving, in control Father who knows exactly what He's doing and exactly what our final destination is. Evil is always fit and limited to the frame in which God set it. That gives me great comfort. I see no evil God at all, only a very wise one.

God bless,
Alex
« Last Edit: March 20, 2014, 04:51:57 PM by lilitalienboi16 »

Kat

« Reply #37 on: March 20, 2014, 04:58:34 PM »

Alex, I do not see you as being wrong, I don't think I ever said that. I know full well that God is sovereign, totally in control and it is by Him that all things consist and operate. Yes I know He created evil and Satan and I believe He is responsible for all things and will make everything more than just right, but blessed beyond our imagination.

Yes He is in charge and ultimately the cause of all things, and you seem to have a good grasp on that, but not everybody does, so I wanted to bring out both sides to our God. Now you have presented much more for everyone to consider, that's what this forum is all about.

mercy, peace and love
Kat

lareli

« Reply #38 on: March 20, 2014, 08:06:41 PM »

I think I disagree with the "being a dope head is not blessed by God" statement. Only because while I'm not sure what anyone's definition of "dope head" is, I'm certain that most Christians and people on here as well, would judge me as a "dope head", however, God has used Cannabis in my life as a tool to bring me closer to Him in personal relationship and love and forgiveness towards others.
I’m just what you made God.. ~Kid Cudi

rick

« Reply #39 on: March 20, 2014, 08:46:44 PM »

Hi Largeli,

I think cannabis is also referred to as devil’s weed also......but to each their own. I believe whatever one does is between God and that one. We either stand or fall to our Master.

I think we know that the heart is exceedingly wicked and deceitful above all things. I can’t say if pot is bad or good but I would say any mind altering drug is a deception.

Its and artificial feeling that can lead one down the slippery road, it’s a gateway drug that can lead to other drugs. True God made the poppy plant but does God want us shooting heroin in our body ?

When I was younger I smoke pot all the time, you know, before marriage and children and to be honest with you I never felt there was anything wrong with pot, some of my best times in life was smoking weed.......LOl

Lets not forget about the human heart and how deceitful it can be. Is smoking pot a sin ? I say anything outside of faith is a sin but Christ paid the price for everyone.  One’s conscience   
 either excuse or condemn.

If smoking pot is wrong, God forgives, if its right then no forgiveness is needed but either way God will make all things right and that is awesome.  :)
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up

Page created in 0.053 seconds with 22 queries.