bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need Account Help?  Email bibletruths.forum@gmail.com   

Forgotten password reminders does not work. Contact the email above and state what you want your password changed to. (it must be at least 8 characters)

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: witch of Endor  (Read 3968 times)

DerekSSands

witch of Endor
« on: March 24, 2014, 08:27:55 PM »

Hello all,
I Have for a long while believed that the dead are in a state like sleep awaiting ressurection, and not roaming around haunting houses and such, nor are they consciously aware in some "underworld", but in the grave awaiting ressurection. but there is one bible verse that has nagged at me for a long time and I was hoping maybe someone could help clear it up. It's the story of King Saul and the Witch of endor in 1Samuel 28: 3-25...is this an instant in which God allowed a person to be called up from the dead? or is it an example of an evil spirit impersonating the dead, as they do in spiritism??? any help would be appreciated  :D
Thank you and God Bless
Derek Sands

John from Kentucky

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
Re: witch of Endor
« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2014, 09:18:30 PM »

Hello all,
I Have for a long while believed that the dead are in a state like sleep awaiting ressurection, and not roaming around haunting houses and such, nor are they consciously aware in some "underworld", but in the grave awaiting ressurection. but there is one bible verse that has nagged at me for a long time and I was hoping maybe someone could help clear it up. It's the story of King Saul and the Witch of endor in 1Samuel 28: 3-25...is this an instant in which God allowed a person to be called up from the dead? or is it an example of an evil spirit impersonating the dead, as they do in spiritism??? any help would be appreciated  :D
Thank you and God Bless
Derek Sands

Here is an email from Ray on that topic.

http://www.forums.bible-truths.com/index.php/topic,124.0.html

DerekSSands

Re: witch of Endor
« Reply #2 on: March 24, 2014, 10:49:12 PM »

:) Thank you John  :)
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.02 seconds with 19 queries.