bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Forum related how to's?  Post your questions to the membership.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: So Sad  (Read 5776 times)

Craig

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
  • There are two kinds of cops.The quick and the dead

AwesomeSavior

Re: So Sad
« Reply #1 on: March 25, 2014, 03:01:38 PM »

From what I understand, it usually only takes 1 hit of meth to be totally addicted.

Rhys 🕊

• 🕊
    • Facebook
« Reply #2 on: March 25, 2014, 04:11:33 PM »

Shocking pictures and so very sad......................come Lord Jesus

Rhys
🤫

microlink

« Reply #3 on: March 25, 2014, 09:02:00 PM »

Right on Rhys. Breaks my heart.
 >:(    :(

theophilus

« Reply #4 on: March 26, 2014, 07:14:38 AM »

Hello all, you have probably heard of another drug called KROKODIL. This drug is worse than any I have ever seen! The effects of this drug are devastating. The addict is eaten or rots from the inside out. Here's the link to a video about this horrifying drug:

http://youtu.be/my0U1Lipeek

I gotta warn you. The images are very disturbing.

lareli

« Reply #5 on: March 26, 2014, 01:44:28 PM »

From what I understand, it usually only takes 1 hit of meth to be totally addicted.

I understood this to be true also.. Then I went to school to become a drug and alcohol abuse counselor and learned that my understanding was not true.

Telling people things like "it only takes one hit and you're addicted" is a way to instill fear. It gives way to two possible outcomes,

1- it scares the person into never trying meth. This is a good end result.

2- they try it once and see that they were deceived by the fear tactic perpetrated by their parents, news, police, or whomever. They realize that they're not addicted. Then maybe they figure they can do it again, maybe make it a once in a while thing. Then a every weekend thing.. Then they're addicted.

Outcome number 1 has a good end result. But it's really just a lie in which the end justifies the means. The person makes a good choice not to use but it's based on a lie. Maybe they pass the lie onto their children and others in the community.

Outcome number 2 has a bad end result and just like outcome number 1, the end result is partly due to the lie that was told.

Speaking truth and giving kids accurate and truthful information would be a more effective way of preventing drug use and addiction IMO.

I’m just what you made God.. ~Kid Cudi

AwesomeSavior

« Reply #6 on: March 26, 2014, 06:02:18 PM »

Thanks for the information, Largelli.   :)

Mike Gagne

« Reply #7 on: March 30, 2014, 04:12:46 PM »

Yes I agree that is sad. I was a meth addict using by injection for 15 yrs and God granted me repentance from that addiction. To see people go through those addictions brings the understanding of Gods sovereignty to a place where I have to trust him in all.  This scripture is a place of hope for them for me...Isaiah 40:4-5 (KJV)
[4] Every valley shall be exalted, and every mountain and hill shall be made low: and the crooked shall be made straight, and the rough places plain: [5] And the glory of the LORD shall be revealed, and all flesh shall see it together: for the mouth of the LORD hath spoken it.

theophilus

« Reply #8 on: March 31, 2014, 12:12:58 AM »

Praise the Lord! Thank God that His goodness led you to repentance. What advice could you give about someone close to me? She's back using crystal meth. The situation is very delicate, as a minor child is involved.
« Last Edit: March 31, 2014, 04:06:59 AM by theophilus »

Mike Gagne

« Reply #9 on: March 31, 2014, 03:03:32 AM »

I can say this, I come to understand that I have to see a sovereign God in all, and in doing so it gives me great peace. I have family that still uses meth and today knowing that God is sovereign in there addiction gives me hope that he could grant them  repentance. For the children I have to trust in The Lord with all my heart and lean not on my understanding but in all my ways acknowledge him, acknowledge his sovereignty and his plan for his creation. I think the only advice I can give is to trust God in all,and pray for God to grant this person repentance from this addiction. I will pray for her as well. Blessing

theophilus

« Reply #10 on: March 31, 2014, 04:08:36 AM »

Thank you Mike. God bless you.

loretta

« Reply #11 on: March 31, 2014, 12:18:32 PM »

Krokodil Crock: How Rumors Of A 'Flesh-Eating Zombie Drug' Swept The Nation

The pattern here is familiar from other drug scares, such as the 2012 story about the guy who supposedly was driven to eat a man’s face by “bath salts” he did not take. Reckless claims by doctors and cops are picked up by the press, which encourages new reckless claims, which leads to more sensational coverage, and so on. No matter how many times they are debunked, the stories persist because they appeal to the same impulses that send people to horror movies or make them slow down to gawk when they pass a car crash. People are fascinated by gruesome imagery, and they want to believe in monsters.

http://www.forbes.com/sites/jacobsullum/2014/01/10/krokodil-crock-how-rumors-of-a-flesh-eating-zombie-drug-swept-the-nation/

theophilus

« Reply #12 on: April 03, 2014, 12:31:28 PM »

Loretta, thanks a bunch for that link! Thank God it's not true!  :)

indianabob

« Reply #13 on: May 03, 2014, 11:39:21 PM »

Theo....
I like your motto and have a favorite of my own with additions.

"Yes I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you"

Longer version:

“I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I'm not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.”

Communication without God's spirit can be confusion;
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.037 seconds with 22 queries.