bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Forum related how to's?  Post your questions to the membership.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Has anyone here ever suffered whiplash?  (Read 3315 times)

zander

Has anyone here ever suffered whiplash?
« on: March 27, 2014, 02:47:40 PM »

Hi all,

A couple of months ago, playing soccer, I injured my neck.  I'm 39.

A long story, but the last 8 weeks have been pretty challenging and some times downright awful.

I went to an osteopath who was rubbish and feel made my injury a lot worse.  I have taken all sorts of medication to alleviate the pain, some worked, some did not.  I had to stop because I don't believe taking a lot of that stuff is good for you.

Anyway, right now, I am seeing a physiotherapist but you know it is only once a week.

The pain has got me on my knees.  Only Sunday I was praying.  I don't know what I was praying for exactly but I was completely subdued.

I have sleepless nights, I wake up early and can't get back to sleep.  Anyone who has had this injury, which is more common with a car accident, knows what I mean.

Has anyone ever suffer this or know anyone who has?  What did you go through and I would like to hear your story.

I am trying to put a positive mind on things, but you can imagine it is very difficult at times and I am terrified this will never heal or just get worse, especially as I get older.

I have put the post in this section because I was going to ask for prayers for it...

but to be honest, any posts from people would be very welcome at this difficult time.

Z

Dave in Tenn

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
    • FaceBook David Sanderson
Re: Has anyone here ever suffered whiplash?
« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2014, 06:09:16 PM »

Zander, I would recommend a chiropractor, but to be honest, not all are very good.  Mine corrected a lower back problem after a couple of visits.  Like you, it seemed the first one either did nothing or made me feel worse, but the second trip had me practically dancing out of the office.  I only go back once a year or so and have learned to 'treat' myself (without drugs) in the odd situations where it flares up again.

It could be another visit to your osteopath (or finding a good chiropractor) and sticking with it a while (certainly more than one visit) could be remedial.

I had a small case of whiplash once, and sometimes it still bothers me.  If I turn my head slowly from side to side, and nodding up and down it generally straightens itself out.  You just have to be gentle, but go through the full range of motion.  Glucosamine may also help.  It's not a drug.

Disclaimer:  I am not a physician, just another guy on the internet.   :)
Heb 10:32  But you must continue to remember those earlier days, how after you were enlightened you endured a hard and painful struggle.

RogerH

« Reply #2 on: March 27, 2014, 08:39:36 PM »

Zander,

I suffered a severe case of whiplash 30 years ago and it has never completely gone away.  I still have problems with my neck and shoulders to this day.

Sorry, I'm not trying to discourage you. 

I went to a couple of different doctors and they gave me drugs and one wanted to operate, but nothing they did helped much.  The muscle relaxers they prescribed knocked me out cold so I did get a few hours relief, but I didn't want to become dependent on drugs and I didn't want to go through the operation so I decided to try a Chiropractor as Dave said. 

The first few visits seemed to help enough to keep me going back (I went every other day for about two weeks), but then the pain went away and I was able to move more freely.  I was in treatment for approximately 6 months total, and I still go to the Chiropractor from time to time, but I have good insurance that covers most of it.  I don't feel much pain any more but I do get stiff if I set in one position very long or during the night when I'm asleep.  Maybe it's just old age!  ;)

I also took Glucosamine for several years and it did help, but I recently started taking Boswellia Extract and I think it does much better, or maybe it's just all in my head, but time will tell.

Hope you get better soon and will keep you in my prayers.

RogerH

octoberose

« Reply #3 on: March 27, 2014, 11:22:34 PM »

Welcome Zander- I see this is your first post. I'm sorry for your pain.
  My husband has old and new injuries and finds relief from acupuncture and therapeutic message. He has.also found some relief with chiropractic therapy.
  Let us    know how
you are doing as time goes on. Pain can be exhausting and debilitating. May God have mercy on you during this time.   

rumpelstiltskin

« Reply #4 on: March 28, 2014, 04:26:20 AM »

Hello Zander
I compressed a vertebrae in mid spine last December in a mountain bike stack, and it friggen hurt - real bad.
The only advice i have is with the sleepless nights. I would wake sometimes in agonizing pain and figured out it was because of the mattress i was sleeping on. So now i have to sleep on the couch.  :-\ (may help)
If you want to know what God thinks of money,just look at the people he gave it to
Dorothy Parker

zander

« Reply #5 on: March 28, 2014, 01:59:45 PM »

HI Guys

Thanks so much for the help.  Really appreciated.  I will go for the Glucosamine and Boswelia too.  I am seeing a physio, but may take some time to visit a chiro too, that could help as it could be good to cover as many tracks as I can.

I know for some people this never goes away.  I am not sure how "severe" mine was, but certainly it has been painful.

I'll keep you update and thanks for all your concerns.  Continuing the fight...

Z
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.032 seconds with 22 queries.