bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Forum related how to's?  Post your questions to the membership.

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: its a miracle  (Read 8614 times)

Ian 155

its a miracle
« on: April 02, 2014, 08:17:53 AM »

For a long time now I have been reading about the miracles of Jesus,the order that they are presented and the results which I believe we witness in our lives. These all occur in order and in our lives as the word in us grows.they also represent seasons we must go thru or endure as our Lord does what he does,perhaps someone else has been given greater understanding to the spiritual meaning of the miracles - I have a list below with what I am led to understand

Perhaps we can discuss as the Spirit Of God gives us understanding I and I say I because you may have a better understanding,believe we are able to judge where we are spiritually by comparison to these miracles occurring in us

BTW I am pretty far behind if we are able to discern where we are, by comparison and I have left out my interpretation of some as I am not 100% certain of the meaning

Ian

Water made wine   Cana   Joh 2:1-11.  We vessels get filled with the word and we then get that word turned into wine [spirit]
Traders cast out of the temple   Jerusalem   Joh 2:13-17. the start of being delivered from mammon and its lusts
Nobleman's son healed   Cana   Joh 4:46-54.
First miraculous draught of fishes   Sea of Galilee   Lu 5:1-11. fish represent men/women who get called 1st
Leper healed   Capernaum   Mt 8:2-4; Mark 1:40-45; Lu 5:12-15. we get cleansed and are able to come into The Lords camp
Centurion's servant healed   Capernaum   Mt 8:5-13; Lu 7:1-10. we are servants at this stage
Widow's son raised to life   Nain   Lu 7:11-17.
Demoniac healed   Capernaum   Mr 1:21-28; Lu 4:31-37.
Peter's mother-in-law healed   Capernaum   Mt 8:14, 15; Mr 1:29-31; Lu 4:38, 39.healed for service
Paralytic healed   Capernaum   Mt 9:2-8; Mr 2:1-12; Lu 5:17-26.
Impotent man healed   Jerusalem   Joh 5:1-16.after 38 years of being prevented from obtaining truth in the word -now we are healed of this and given instructions
Man with withered hand healed   Galilee   Mt 12:10-14; Mr 3:1-6; Lu 6:6-11. unable to do the work of God now he is
Blind and dumb demoniac healed   Galilee   Mt 12:22-24; Lu 11:14.eyes opened and mouth able to declare the things of God
Tempest stilled   Sea of Galilee   Mt 8:23-27; Mr 4:35-41; Lu 8:22-25.storms of this life calmed
Demoniacs dispossessed   Gadara   Mt 8:28-34; Mr 5:1-20.evil doctrine in our lives cast out into earthly swine or lusting gluttons - when we get these cast out of us
Jairus' daughter raised to life   Capernaum   Mt 9:18-26; Mr 5:22-24; Lu 8:41-56.
Issue of blood healed   Near Capernaum   Mt 9:18-26; Mr 5:22-24; Lu 8:41-56.
Two blind men restored to sight   Capernaum   Mt 9:27-31.do we believe it is Jesus who is able to make us see
Dumb demoniac healed   Capernaum   Mt 9:32-34.we get released to speak of our Lord
Five thousand miraculously fed   Decapolis   Mt 14:13-21; Mr 6:31-44; Lu 9:10-17; Joh 6:5-14. start of preaching teaching the word, feeding  folks placed in our path
Jesus walks on the sea   Sea of Galilee   Mt 14:22-33; Mr 6:45-52; Joh 6:15-21. able to walk in places where no man can
Syrophœnician's daughter healed   Coasts of Tyre and Sidon   Mt 15:21-28; Mr 7:24-30.
Deaf and dumb man healed   Decapolis   Mr 7:31-37.our spiritual speech impediment taken care of we now speak and understand things of the spirit and not a mixture of both flesh and spirit
Four thousand fed   Decapolis   Mt 15:32-39; Mr 8:1-9. teaching /feeding with the word
Blind man restored to sight   Bethsaida   Mr 8:22-26. now able to see the truth
Demoniac and lunatic boy healed   Near Cæsarea Philippi   Mt 17:14-21; Mr 9:14-29; Lu 9:37-43.we get cast into the fire by these demonic doctrines we also get some relief from the word Jesus straightens this out [water] only Jesus can set us free from this one
Miraculous provision of tribute   Capernaum   Mt 17:24-27. our provision comes from men. Jesus tells us where/when to cast our line
The eyes of one born blind opened   Jerusalem   Joh 9:1-41. spiritual sight long after natural birth - we are all born blind
Woman, of eighteen years' infirmity, cured   [Perea.]   Lu 13:10-17.we get loosed from bondage by Jesus and still there is a fight due to carnal law of the mind
Dropsical man healed   [Perea.]   Lu 14:1-6.spiritual law takes precedence in our lives
Ten lepers cleansed   Borders of Samaria   Lu 17:11-19.non Jews given the right to be healed spiritually
Lazarus raised to life   Bethany   Joh 11:1-46.we are now able to comprehend spiritual things
Two blind beggars restored to sight   Jericho   Mt 20:29-34; Mr 10:46-52; Lu 18:35-43.
Barren fig tree blighted   Bethany   Mt 21:12, 13, 18, 19; Mr 11:12-24.those not ready for the Lord to taste
Buyers and sellers again cast out   Jerusalem   Lu 19:45, 46. second removal of lusts in these temples of God - our bodies
Malchus' ear healed   Gethsemane   Mt 26:51-54; Mr 14:47-49; Lu 22:50, 51; Joh 18:10,11.spiritual ear given after physical/natural ear  removed
Second draught of fishes   Sea of Galilee   Joh 21:1-14. 2nd group - remainder called

Ian 155

Re: its a miracle
« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2014, 08:08:30 AM »

Yeah after trying to go thru all the miracles in the 4 gospels, some are duplicated with slight differences and appear later in some gospels than others - I found a page that had a chronological order of the miracles of Jesus.

Jamieson-Fausset-Brown Commentary  Chronological Table of the Miracles of Christ.

these miracles I believe, take place within us, during our transformation process

I'd like to know what the members think and perhaps someone can set me right, if this is a completely wrong understanding I have....

Ian

Dennis Vogel

• Administrator
  • Bible-Truths Forum Member
« Reply #2 on: April 03, 2014, 02:06:14 PM »

Not too many blatant miracles in this age.

Joh 20:29  Jesus saith unto him, Thomas, because thou hast seen me, thou hast believed: blessed are they that have not seen, and yet have believed.

cjwood

« Reply #3 on: April 03, 2014, 03:43:18 PM »

dennis, i thought that scripture spoken by Jesus was in reference to those who would believe without seeing Him in the flesh as the disciples and apostles had opportunity.  not that the verse had anything to do with miracles. 

claudia

Dennis Vogel

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: April 03, 2014, 04:19:49 PM »

dennis, i thought that scripture spoken by Jesus was in reference to those who would believe without seeing Him in the flesh as the disciples and apostles had opportunity.  not that the verse had anything to do with miracles. 

claudia

People believed because the saw miracles (look it up). IMO this applies to this age, even if it is taken out of context.

Abednego

« Reply #5 on: April 03, 2014, 04:22:31 PM »

claudia

People believed because the saw miracles (look it up). IMO this applies to this age, even if it is taken out of context.

Religious sites are blocked at work so I can't look up to confirm, but try Jn 14:11.  Might be what you are looking for.

cjwood

« Reply #6 on: April 03, 2014, 05:21:03 PM »

yes for sure people in the days of Jesus believed because of the miracles of healing, and raising of the dead, and all the other miracles He did while living in the flesh.  i just didn't think Jesus was saying to Thomas there would be no more miracles, blatant or otherwise, in the ages to come.  the same Holy Spirit of God the Father abides in us that abided in the apostles, even thomas.  perhaps it all comes down to what one believes miracles to be, i.e.  how one defines a miracle.  i believe Jesus was reproving thomas, who surely had been a witness to many of the miracles Jesus performed.  one who Jesus had called to be an apostle.  so IMO the verse was more addressed to one of His own (and those to come in the other ages) who believe in the Gospel of the Kingdom but may be weaker in spirit, and ask Christ to confirm and reassure their faith in Him.  to be who He says He is, and do what He says He has done, and all He says He will do.  remember, according to the scriptures, and ray also, even the apostles were not yet converted until after Pentacost had come, and they all received the Holy Spirit. 

but yes, Jesus was saying there will be those who will believe in Him, without seeing any proof in the physical.    and blessed they are. 

claudia

*edit:  as believers we are exhorted to walk by faith, not by sight.  that's what i think the story of Thomas was about.  not that some in the ages to come would not believe unless they saw a miracle. 
« Last Edit: April 04, 2014, 02:40:28 AM by cjwood »

Dennis Vogel

• Administrator
« Reply #7 on: April 03, 2014, 06:47:11 PM »

I cannot remember seeing any miracles in my lifetime.

When I say miracle I mean there is no other way to explain what happened. None.

But I have seen the hand of God in my life in hindsight.
« Last Edit: April 04, 2014, 10:48:48 AM by Dennis Vogel »

Abednego

« Reply #8 on: April 03, 2014, 08:37:41 PM »

Everybody has a different idea on what a miracle is.  Some people will not believe in miracles unless they see a dead person stand or watch someone with one arm grow a second.

Ray used Webster in some of his papers, and to go with that:

1:  an extraordinary event manifesting divine intervention in human affairs

I hit a jersey barrier and went over the handlebars of my motorcycle going 65 mph. Got a little road rash (and I mean very little) but no concussion, and no broken bones. (Glad NY had a helmet law because I did not always wear one.)

I'm sure a lot of people wouldn't think so, but I did back then and always will view that as a miracle. Not only to survive, but to actually stand up and walk away is rather unusual. I believe there was divine intervention there, and there isn't a person alive that could ever convince me otherwise.

Dave in Tenn

• FaceBook David Sanderson
« Reply #9 on: April 04, 2014, 02:08:16 AM »

semi-related.

from this email:  http://forums.bible-truths.com/index.php/topic,305.msg2643.html#msg2643

writer says:  Prior to his baptism, Jesus did no recorded supernatural works, did he not have the Spirit from birth?  What is your take on this?

Ray's COMMENT: "Prior to baptism, Jesus had no recorded supernatural works..."  Oh really?  And you think that Jesus living a SINLESS LIFE as a teenager is less of a "supernatural work" than turning water into wine?
Heb 10:32  But you must continue to remember those earlier days, how after you were enlightened you endured a hard and painful struggle.

Ian 155

« Reply #10 on: April 04, 2014, 07:57:53 AM »

semi-related.
 Oh really?  And you think that Jesus living a SINLESS LIFE as a teenager is less of a "supernatural work" than turning water into wine?

Exactly - A carnal mind seeks out these miraculous signs  [which I believe is the spirit or attraction prevalent in the false church, that is to duplicate in order to shock or impress as did Moses's adversaries] like i said although some of "my" interpretations are a few words - when one pauses and thinks and asks the Father to open our understanding on these you would possibly fill a few pages on each happening and in that one may see that these happenings or miracles are actually playing out/have played out, in our waking and sleeping, as we are being dragged.

lareli

« Reply #11 on: May 06, 2014, 04:53:14 PM »

I like your thoughts on the miracles and how they apply to our walk... But was it a miracle that Jesus threw out the money changers?
I’m just what you made God.. ~Kid Cudi

Ian 155

« Reply #12 on: May 08, 2014, 06:22:13 PM »

Hey Large,

These are things in us we rely on business,sales etc instead of our God ...

Riddles

« Reply #13 on: June 27, 2014, 03:29:52 AM »

Impotent man healed   Jerusalem   John 5:1-16.after 38 years of being prevented from obtaining truth in the word -now we are healed of this and given instructions

That always stood out to me.  I'd like to do a study on "38".  Why 38?

Kat

« Reply #14 on: June 27, 2014, 11:46:45 AM »

Riddles, you are getting caught up in the details that are not significance, it's the miracle itself that had great meaning. It's like a person reached in his pocket and gave a beggar 38 dollars (all that they had) and the beggar turns around and asks why 38...

mercy, peace and love
Kat

Riddles

« Reply #15 on: June 27, 2014, 05:52:05 PM »

Riddles, you are getting caught up in the details that are not significance, it's the miracle itself that had great meaning. It's like a person reached in his pocket and gave a beggar 38 dollars (all that they had) and the beggar turns around and asks why 38...

mercy, peace and love
Kat

No, it really isn't like that.  That's an assumption on your part.  If anyone appreciates John 5 it's me. I don't place more importance on the numbers associated with these miracles, which is why I haven't looked into them.  My comment was just an aside, because sometimes God uses numbers in scripture for different reasons.  I'm not looking a miracle in the mouth here.  Also, couldn't you say that about looking into any aspect of scripture?  You know, the ones the L. Ray spent his life researching, before he wrote about them?  You don't understand it enough, your're off track, best not to look into it etc.
« Last Edit: June 27, 2014, 06:34:00 PM by Riddles »

Kat

« Reply #16 on: June 27, 2014, 07:29:49 PM »

Also, couldn't you say that about looking into any aspect of scripture?  You know, the ones the L. Ray spent his life researching, before he wrote about them?  You don't understand it enough, your're off track, best not to look into it etc.

Maybe I did jump to an assumption about that... of course it's very obvious from Ray that details are very important. I guess it's when people are trying to read something into the numbers and calculates out things by the numbers they see in Scripture that I think is pointless. I guess I just haven't gotten to know you very well just yet, to see where you are coming from.

mercy, peace and love
Kat

Riddles

« Reply #17 on: June 27, 2014, 09:28:21 PM »

It's fine Kat.  I forget about the obnoxious e mails your site must deal / have dealt with so  take it for granted that we are on a similar page, appreciation wise, on this forum. 

I  deeply appreciate and grasp the intended meanings of some of Jesus’ parables which I happen to believe are also prophecies – and eventually wonder as an aside, if the numbers associated with them have any significance.  Yes these are details, and not the main message. 

After a while I just think: a man lay next to a pool continuously for 38 years without ever getting over to that pool (how did he eat?  Go to the bathroom?) and this is what literally took place?   I've thought that the 38 years is an absurdity from the reader's perspective to get us to see that there is more than meets the eye going on.  Ancient Greek tragedies were written this way - they had absurd (apparent) inconsistencies to get the listener or audience member to wonder, and then when you looked into it, there was all of this symbolism and then you could solve a riddle contained within it, the most famous being Oedipus Rex which has all sorts of gospel symbolism.  For example Oedipus means "bruised heel". 

I'm not saying the Jesus' miracle in John 5 didn't happen!  I'm suggesting that's is a truthful account but maybe the specifics are cloaked because what's being described is a near physical impossibility (not the miracle - the 38 years)!  Again, I know this seems insignificant next to the heart of that message, but still. It just seems like if God wanted us to see the main message and only that, why include the odd bit about 38 years?

« Last Edit: June 27, 2014, 09:44:31 PM by Riddles »

Riddles

« Reply #18 on: June 27, 2014, 10:17:46 PM »

Thanks for deigning to enlighten us JFK.  Can I join your cult?  Is there a place where I can wire you some money? 8)

Joel

« Reply #19 on: June 28, 2014, 03:46:39 AM »

I think God uses numbers that are mentioned for a reason.
Why 10 commandments, and not 8, or 6 or some other number?
Why 12 apostles and why replace Judas to make 12 again?
Why was there 120 in the upper room?
Why did God give us two eyes, two ears, one nose, and one mouth, and anything different is considered abnormal?
Why was the amount of time mentioned during the flood important?
A person could spend a lot of time studying such things, many have come up with ridiculous dates and years for Jesus to return.
I haven't gotten to wrapped up in Bible numbers, and don't give it much thought.
However I don't think God just threw in any number just to take up space either.

Joel
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up

Page created in 0.043 seconds with 23 queries.