bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Forum related how to's?  Post your questions to the membership.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Passover and days of unleaveved bread?  (Read 5217 times)

virginiabm

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
Passover and days of unleaveved bread?
« on: April 15, 2014, 09:49:19 AM »

Hi My family. I have a question for you. My husband still does the Holy days and Passover is here, the question is, since I don't do this anymore should I help him get the leaven out of the house? I tell him I'll help him get his sin out, but Christ has taken care of mine already through His Death, burial and resurrection.  I don't try to talk to him anymore, because he still believes this and I know where he is coming from. I was there too at one time even though I didn't understand what I was doing and how it should be done, but now the Spirit has helped me to understand what they mean and I know they are Spiritually discerned, not physically done. Please help me. I need counseling on this subject.

Your sister in Christ,
                        Virginia

Kat

Re: Passover and days of unleaveved bread?
« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2014, 10:07:39 AM »

Hi Virginia,

If you want to help him then I think that is alright. You know the truth and I can't see how your helping him clean would really mean you are participating in the ritual, and I think he knows that too. It would be more of an act of kindness to him.

We do have to weight our words and actions in front of other people though, because they do watch and it is a witness to them. But an act of kindness is just as much a witness as well.

mercy, peace and love
Kat

virginiabm

« Reply #2 on: April 15, 2014, 10:39:53 AM »

Thank you Kat, that is what I think as well. My husband and I have a hard time understanding each other at times and I don't want him to think I am slipping back to where he is at, so I say things like that to him to keep him focused and not think the wrong thing. I don't rub it in his face or anything like that or try to make him feel he is wrong, I just what him to know were I am at with my LORD. I love you all very much.

Your sister in Christ,
                                 Virginia 

microlink

« Reply #3 on: April 15, 2014, 08:38:56 PM »

Very wise words from Kat. I took part in my last physical Passover on Sunday evening. I did not mind doing that since it just physical, no point earned with God and Jesus. I deeply appreciate what you are going through. It is tough but as Kat said be kind and understanding. Don't argue. I have done that too many times. Never works. Not God's way.

What do we do?

Mic 6:8  He hath shewed thee, O man, what is good; and what doth the LORD require of thee, but to do justly, and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with thy God?

The understanding we have been given is what is very precious as is paramount the blood of Christ for the forgiveness of sins.
« Last Edit: April 15, 2014, 08:55:18 PM by microlink »

santgem

« Reply #4 on: April 16, 2014, 04:20:18 AM »

Hi Virginia,
Greetings!

Me too is experiencing the things just like yours but in different scenario. Our family is still celebrating Christmas, lenten season and others.

Shall i say to them that, do not give me a gift because in fact this is not the true birth of Jesus which is Christmas, or shall i say i will not give you a gift because this is sin in giving gifts specially this is not the true birth of Jesus. Will not your heart bleeds if you tell this to the children, to your parents and relatives? Oh no, can't.... :(

Just what the other said an act of kindness will show the truth in you....The good thing is you know the truth and don't let this truth be taken away from you. :)

virginiabm

« Reply #5 on: April 16, 2014, 07:40:25 AM »

Hi my family. thank you very much for your wise words and I will heed them all. God took the problem away for this month, because my husband got confused on what day to hold the Passover and missed it altogether, even though I tried on the 13th to show him what day he was to do the Bread and Wine, this is after he told others the very same thing I was telling him. For some reason he was mixed up, so he will do it next month. The very same thing happened last year as well, but he forgot Passover, he didn't just for get what day to observe.
  I don't know what is going on,  but pray for us that God's will be done. I love you all.

your sister in Christ,
                                 Virginia

rickylittleton

« Reply #6 on: April 22, 2014, 12:01:53 AM »

I think Kat is on the mark. Remember how Paul even said about one spouse who believe and the other does not, but is pleased to stay with that person! If any thing or anyone can win any person over, it is with "love, and the power of God".

rickylittleton

« Reply #7 on: May 20, 2014, 01:22:46 PM »

Just to add my 2 cents in; I try to look at it on one side of the picture. At least what he's is not trying to keep are the pagan days, and it's some what scripture in that what he is trying to do. An encouraging word would be as Paul said, "The unsaved husband is cleans by the saved wife, or the unsaved wife is cleans by the saved husband. Not quite the exacter quote, but the meaning is the same. As Ray taught, it is the spirit that gives life now, the flesh prophet es nothing. Tim

lilitalienboi16

« Reply #8 on: May 23, 2014, 03:03:29 PM »

What came to mind when reading your post Virginia was something Paul had said and I may be applying this incorrectly or not understanding him fully but I thought I would share it just in case it does bare relevance.

I Corinthians 9:19-22
"For though I be free from all men, yet have I made myself servant unto all, that I might gain the more.
And unto the Jews I became as a Jew, that I might gain the Jews; to them that are under the law, as under the law, that I might gain them that are under the law;
To them that are without law, as without law, (being not without law to God, but under the law to Christ,) that I might gain them that are without law.
To the weak became I as weak, that I might gain the weak: I am made all things to all men, that I might by all means save some.
And this I do for the gospel's sake, that I might be partaker thereof with you."

1 Cor 1:10 "Now I beseech you, brethren, by the name of our Lord Jesus Christ, that ye all speak the same thing, and that there be no divisions among you; but that ye be perfectly joined together in the same mind and in the same judgment."

indianabob

« Reply #9 on: May 24, 2014, 01:06:07 AM »

lilitalienboi16
Great advice. Fits the situation quite well.
Thanks for sharing.
Indiana Bob
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.041 seconds with 23 queries.