bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need Account Help?  Email bibletruths.forum@gmail.com   

Forgotten password reminders does not work. Contact the email above and state what you want your password changed to. (it must be at least 8 characters)

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: So what did you guys do during the Holy Week?  (Read 3041 times)

loretta

So what did you guys do during the Holy Week?
« on: April 20, 2014, 12:40:21 PM »

After reading Frank Viola's Pagan Christianity and Reimagining Church, many pieces of the puzzle about the babylonian church fell into place.  I got caught up with Frank's idea of the organic church and even signed up to an online fellowship, much as I had checked out other forms of church; NT church, house church, home church... and was similarly disillusioned.

So was I glad that when December rolled around at BT, there were no Christmas banners waving, lights twinkling, carols blaring or glad tidings reverberating.  I knew that I had finally found the true Church of God.

Here in India, social life and community revolves around the church, both mainstream and evangelical.  So its kinda lonely here in the episunagoge, for me and my kids.

arion

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
  • Marquette, MI
    • Big Bay Michigan Weather
Re: So what did you guys do during the Holy Week?
« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2014, 05:38:50 PM »

This has been just another week for me.  Especially since paganism has so steeped it's way into the Christian holidays anyway.....

GAL 4:9-11 But now, after that ye have known God, or rather are known of God, how turn ye again to the weak and beggarly elements, whereunto ye desire again to be in bondage? Ye observe days, and months, and times, and years. I am afraid of you, lest I have bestowed upon you labour in vain.

God is bringing us all along in our understanding of his ways in his timing as we are able to receive it.  There has been one scripture this past week that has been running through my mind time and time again;

2 COR 5:16-17  Wherefore henceforth know we no man after the flesh: yea, though we have known Christ after the flesh, yet now henceforth know we him no more. Therefore if any man be in Christ, he is a new creature: old things are passed away; behold, all things are become new.

The institutional church only knows Christ after the flesh.  They still see him as a man crucified and resurrected.  And of course they will admit that he died and not that he was dead.  I was just thinking this past week that my old pastor of 20 years ago [Assemblies of God] would say that their is a man sitting in control of the universe.  The church therefore still sees Christ in the flesh with the wounds in his hands and feet.  When they think of him they still think of a flesh and blood man.

Yet, God is spirit and Christ also is spirit.  The dates and times, feast days and Christianized [pagan] holidays no longer mean anything to me.  I think I'm starting to get to the point where I no longer see Christ after the flesh.  Ray has taught that all these things are shadows and the reality is Christ himself.  In God's timing I'm starting to move out of the shadows and that I'm very grateful for.

God bless!!

microlink

« Reply #2 on: April 20, 2014, 06:27:38 PM »

How true Arion. Those two scriptures were on my mind these last few weeks as well as this one:

Col 2:16  Therefore do not let anyone judge you by what you eat or drink, or with regard to a religious festival, a New Moon celebration or a Sabbath day.
Col 2:17  These are a shadow of the things that were to come; the reality, however, is found in Christ. (NIV)

loretta

« Reply #3 on: April 24, 2014, 04:44:06 PM »

And no easter bunnies hopping around either! :)

Tks Arion and Microlink.

God bless.

Rhys 🕊

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
  • 🕊
    • Facebook
« Reply #4 on: April 24, 2014, 05:02:46 PM »

Lots of Easter bunnies around here but the shotgun comes in handy for those. They leave there easter eggs all over the place for me too eat......there such a pest but fortunately I will be having a nice rabbit stew tonight. I may have some easter eggs afterwards too  ;)

Is Easter something to do with Jesus.......who knew  ;D

Rhys
🤫
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.051 seconds with 22 queries.