bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Forum related how to's?  Post your questions to the membership.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: The Chosen  (Read 4259 times)

AwesomeSavior

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
The Chosen
« on: April 29, 2014, 02:41:22 PM »

I can really appreciate Ray's teaching that the Bible is one giant parable, about the many called and few chosen. I was going through some of the Old Testament recently where God's chosen and elect are mentioned (regarding the nation of Israel; but for the true followers of Jesus, they are the Israel of God). Here are a few verses:

Deuteronomy 7:6-8
King James Version (KJV)
6 For thou art an holy people unto the Lord thy God: the Lord thy God hath chosen thee to be a special people unto himself, above all people that are upon the face of the earth.

7 The Lord did not set his love upon you, nor choose you, because ye were more in number than any people; for ye were the fewest of all people:

8 But because the Lord loved you, and because he would keep the oath which he had sworn unto your fathers, hath the Lord brought you out with a mighty hand, and redeemed you out of the house of bondmen, from the hand of Pharaoh king of Egypt.

Deuteronomy 14:2
King James Version (KJV)
2 For thou art an holy people unto the Lord thy God, and the Lord hath chosen thee to be a peculiar people unto himself, above all the nations that are upon the earth.

Isaiah 42:1
King James Version (KJV)
42 Behold my servant, whom I uphold; mine elect, in whom my soul delighteth; I have put my spirit upon him: he shall bring forth judgment to the Gentiles.

Isaiah 65:9
King James Version (KJV)
9 And I will bring forth a seed out of Jacob, and out of Judah an inheritor of my mountains: and mine elect shall inherit it, and my servants shall dwell there.

Isaiah 65:22
King James Version (KJV)
22 They shall not build, and another inhabit; they shall not plant, and another eat: for as the days of a tree are the days of my people, and mine elect shall long enjoy the work of their hands.

Glory to God!

lareli

Re: The Chosen
« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2014, 03:03:47 PM »

Romans 12:5

so we, who are many, are one body in Christ, and individually members one of another.

Why did Paul refer to himself and his audience as 'we who are many' ?
I’m just what you made God.. ~Kid Cudi

Rene

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: May 02, 2014, 03:53:44 PM »

Romans 12:5

so we, who are many, are one body in Christ, and individually members one of another.

Why did Paul refer to himself and his audience as 'we who are many' ?

Largeli,

If you notice in verse 4, Paul is talking about the body of Christ having many parts (members).  Perhaps the following translations will give you a better understanding of the word "many" in this scripture:

Rom 12:4-5 - "For as in one body we have many members, and the members do not all have the same function, so we, though many, are one body in Christ, and individually members one of another."  (ESV)

Rom 12:4-5 - "Just as our bodies have many parts and each part has a special function, so it is with Christ’s body. We are many parts of one body, and we all belong to each other.  (NLT)

René

lareli

« Reply #3 on: May 02, 2014, 06:23:36 PM »

Ah.. There it is. 'We are many parts' instead of 'we who are many'.. Thanks Rene.
I’m just what you made God.. ~Kid Cudi

lilitalienboi16

« Reply #4 on: May 23, 2014, 07:00:11 PM »

Thanks for sharing those great verses Jean! I've gone back and I'm trying to read the old testament but its not as easy in my humble opinion! ;)
1 Cor 1:10 "Now I beseech you, brethren, by the name of our Lord Jesus Christ, that ye all speak the same thing, and that there be no divisions among you; but that ye be perfectly joined together in the same mind and in the same judgment."
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.027 seconds with 20 queries.