bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need Account Help?  Email bibletruths.forum@gmail.com   

Forgotten password reminders does not work. Contact the email above and state what you want your password changed to. (it must be at least 8 characters)

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: New job  (Read 4787 times)

Loverly

New job
« on: April 29, 2014, 10:29:28 PM »

I wanted to post this to encourage those who listen only to their Shepherds voice and not the opinions of others.

God handed me a beautiful full time job on a silver platter this past week! This will be my very first full time job ever in my life so it's a big transition for me at 47 with heath and back issues, being a single mom of two teens, and no family in town etc to help.  I've been waiting patiently for His "ok" to start looking. My kids and I have been completely out of money more than one time but God pulls us through at the last minute to teach us many things.
  I filled out an online application last Sunday night, Mon I had an interview and by Wed of last week my drug test and background checks were passed.  I even was introduced to the original owners son who welcomed me to the business.

I start training Thursday for a month and then I'm going to be a Toyota saleswoman at a dealership .9 from my house that's been there 48 years, sells over 300 cars a month, is in the top 25 dealerships in the country, sells 75% of all used cars in my area not including VA customers and has a new general manage (only 4 months here) that came from being the general manage of the #1 Lexis dealership in the country but told me this new position is a step up!   

I was hired on the spot after 2 years of no income or alimony (only child support paid straight to some but not all of bills) and no work history to fill in their silly employer blanks.  They didn't even call my references!

I have to sell 30 cars in 90 days to stay on so pray that it happens before the 90 days!  One sales man sold 38 just last month.  The new people all sold 12 last month.

My professional wardrobe sucks and I had to go into some serious debt for some seriously comfy shoes so I can work without this horrible pain in my right heel and lower back. Have even had to go to therapy this month for the pain in my back and heel.
 I have 5 pairs of pants that fit, a few tops, and now 5 pairs of shoes I can walk in, one suit, one dress but am thankful for that at least.  Could be worse after 6 years of total financial destruction!

This is all very sudden and a huge transition for me and my kids but we know God provided me with a wonderful opportunity in His perfect timing!  Will be hard for me to be out of the house all day long, and not doing my normal mom job, so pray I get used to it fast. :(
 Thanks for your prayers. :)

Dave in Tenn

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
    • FaceBook David Sanderson
Re: New job
« Reply #1 on: April 29, 2014, 10:47:38 PM »

Very glad to hear it.  I know from experience what a great relief it is, and also a challenge.  And I don't even sell cars!   ;D
Heb 10:32  But you must continue to remember those earlier days, how after you were enlightened you endured a hard and painful struggle.

wat

« Reply #2 on: April 29, 2014, 11:10:52 PM »

I hope you get to keep the job.  I recently got a well paying job with my college degree after a year and a half of looking, so I can appreciate your situation.

AwesomeSavior

« Reply #3 on: May 01, 2014, 10:33:54 PM »

Congratulations Loverly.. Have fun in the new job  :)

Rhys 🕊

• 🕊
    • Facebook
« Reply #4 on: May 03, 2014, 07:49:13 PM »

Very pleased for you and hope it all works out well

Rhys
🤫

friendofJC

• Facebook
« Reply #5 on: May 30, 2014, 05:17:33 PM »

It doesn't hurt that you are an education major.  :)

Be blessed on the sales floor Saturday!
« Last Edit: June 01, 2014, 07:50:00 PM by friendofJC »

theophilus

« Reply #6 on: June 09, 2014, 04:34:27 PM »

Praise the Lord! I'm very happy for you and your kids. It's my prayer you excel in selling those cars like pancakes!

Rhys 🕊

• 🕊
    • Facebook
« Reply #7 on: June 19, 2014, 08:12:18 AM »

Sorry to hear that. Prayers for tomorrow that all goes well and that something else better comes up. Does not sound the greatest place to be but I know God will lead you as He already has.

2Co 4:16 Wherefore we are not despondent, but even if our outward man is decaying, nevertheless that within us is being renewed day by day."
2Co 4:17 For the momentary lightness of our affliction is producing for us a transcendently transcendent eonian burden of glory,
2Co 4:18 at our not noting what is being observed, but what is not being observed, for what is being observed is temporary, yet what is not being observed is eonian." CLV

Good stuff on the way.....that is for sure......that hope gets me excited. Not sure where I would be without it.

Much love and blessings

Rhys
🤫

Dennis Vogel

• Administrator
« Reply #8 on: June 19, 2014, 08:35:39 AM »

They have to by law pay you at least minimum wage. The Fed's are good at enforcing that law.

Dave in Tenn

• FaceBook David Sanderson
« Reply #9 on: June 19, 2014, 11:58:03 PM »

I couldn't sell ice to Amazonians.   ;D  Something would always be gnawing at me...a double-minded man is unstable in all his doings.  Best to do something you LOVE and can do with all your heart.
Heb 10:32  But you must continue to remember those earlier days, how after you were enlightened you endured a hard and painful struggle.

John from Kentucky

« Reply #10 on: June 20, 2014, 11:18:34 AM »

But it's O.K. to stand in the Truth and get the $$$$ as well.   ;D  Consider Abraham.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.055 seconds with 23 queries.