bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Forum related how to's?  Post your questions to the membership.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Married Life  (Read 3437 times)

John9362

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
Married Life
« on: May 12, 2014, 04:36:29 AM »

Married life is full of excitement and frustration:

* In the first year of marriage, the man speaks and the woman listens.
* In the second year, the woman speaks and the man listens.
* In the third year, they both speak and the neighbors listen.

It is true that love is blind but marriage is definitely an eye-opener.

It's true that all men are born free and equal, but some of them get married!

There was this man who muttered a few words in the church and found himself married. A year later he muttered something in his sleep and found himself divorced.

Son: How much does it cost to get married, Dad?
Father: I don't know son, I'm still paying for it.

Son: Is it true? Dad, I heard that in ancient China, a man doesn't know his wife until he marries.
Father: That happens everywhere, son, everywhere!

indianabob

Re: Married Life
« Reply #1 on: May 12, 2014, 09:48:29 AM »

Married 53 years this March 25th and still following our vows.
Love, honor and obey (if you know what's good for you)  ;D

Romans 13:1 Let every soul be subject unto the higher powers. For there is no power but of God: the powers that be are ordained of God.

Daniel 2:21 "It is He who changes the times and the epochs ; He removes kings and establishes kings ; He gives wisdom to wise men And knowledge to men of understanding.

tau

« Reply #2 on: May 12, 2014, 04:49:36 PM »

Marriage is indeed a true eye opener, throw in some kids and monthly debts and you got yourself a winner ;D :)

lareli

« Reply #3 on: May 12, 2014, 05:58:44 PM »

IndianaBob... 53 years. That's awesome congrats. Mind if I ask how young you guys were when you got married? Got kids?
I’m just what you made God.. ~Kid Cudi

Joel

« Reply #4 on: May 13, 2014, 01:13:03 AM »

That's interesting Indianabob, My wife and I were married on March 25th 10 years later. Been married 43 years now.

Joel

indianabob

« Reply #5 on: May 13, 2014, 04:20:18 AM »

Hello Friends of marriage,

I served four years in the US Airforce after graduating high school so I was older when I married.
When I met my wife in 1960 she was 19 and I was 25. We found ourselves compatible in only a few weeks and we both were ready to establish a new life for ourselves. So after receiving approval from her parents and all her other relatives we married the following spring, 3/25/1961
I was employed by the City Police Department and my wife was a waitress. For the first year she made more money, mostly from tips, that I did from my salary.
I have been blessed with a Proverbs 31 woman and God's loving hand is always in our lives.
We have four children ages 52, 48, 45 & 43 1/2 all of whom have gone their own way in life, but all of whom enjoy the company of their siblings. We are truly blessed in that regard.

We have couched all of our children in various different ways to believe what the Bible teaches.
They even suffered or endured 30 years of Worldwide COG with mixed benefits.

We can sit and discuss what churches teach and what we on the BT forum understand without rancor. They each have their own approach to life and we accept that they will face judgment much the same as folks who worship in error. They know, as far as a parent can tell, that God is a loving judge and will deal with them as beloved children needing correction.

I have been very blessed to be able to share what God has given me and to leave it all in God's hands.

Respectfully, Indiana Bob
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.035 seconds with 20 queries.