bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need Account Help?  Email bibletruths.forum@gmail.com   

Forgotten password reminders does not work. Contact the email above and state what you want your password changed to. (it must be at least 8 characters)

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Tithing  (Read 5357 times)

Craig

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
  • There are two kinds of cops.The quick and the dead
Tithing
« on: August 05, 2006, 11:38:06 AM »

This is Gods word on tithing. I do hope you read this instead of deleting it as you gave your word to read it.

WHY DID GOD REQUIRE TITHES FROM ISRAEL IN THE OLD TESTAMENT?
    Leviticus 27:30 . . . A tenth of the produce of the land, whether grain or fruit, belongs to the Lord and must be set apart to him as holy.?
    Numbers 18:20-24 . . . The Lord said to Aaron, You priests will receive no inheritance of land or share of property among the people of Israel. I am your inheritance and your share. . . . The Levites will receive no inheritance of land among the Israelites, because I have given them the Israelites tithes, which have been set apart as offerings to the Lord. This will be the Levites share.
    The tithes were necessary to support the priesthood-the ordained spiritual leaders who were responsible for Israels worship and spiritual life.
    Deuteronomy 14:22-27 . . . You must set aside a tithe of your crops-one-tenth of all the crops you harvest each year. . . . The purpose of tithing is to teach you always to fear th e Lord your God.
    Giving one-tenth of their income to God taught Israel to reverence him and recognize their dependence on him.

ARE WE REQUIRED TO TITHE TO GOD TODAY?
Do not keep an ox from eating as it treads out the grain. And in another place, Those who work deserve their pay!
    The need to support the spiritual leaders of the church financially has not changed from the Old to the New Testament.
    Philippians 4:18-19 . . . I am generously supplied with the gifts you sent me with Epaphroditus. . . . And this same God who takes care of me will supply all your needs from his glorious riches, which have been given to us in Christ Jesus.
    Giving to God can help us to learn, like Israel in the Old Testament, to reverence God and realize how much he is taking care of us.
    Proverbs 3:9 . . . Honor the Lord with your wealth and with the best part of everything your land produces.
    Giving t he firstfruits of our wealth and income to God honors him.
    Matthew 5:42 . . . Give to those who ask, and dont turn away from those who want to borrow.
    Romans 12:8 . . . If you have money, share it generously.
    Christ calls us to give freely and share with others.
    2 Corinthians 9:7 . . . You must each make up your own mind as to how much you should give. Dont give reluctantly or in response to pressure. For God loves the person who gives cheerfully.
    Each of us is responsible to decide how much we should give. Whatever it is, we should give it cheerfully.
    Matthew 23:23 . . . You should tithe.
    Jesus affirmed the need to give tithes to God.
    Proverbs 21:13 . . . Those who shut their ears to the cries of the poor will be ignored in their own time of need.
    1 Corinthians 16:1-2 . . . Now about the money being collected for the Christians in Jerusalem: . . . On every Lords Day, each of you should put aside some amount of money in relation to what you have earned and save it for this offering.
    God wants us to give in order to take care of the poor.

PROMISES FROM GOD:
    Malachi 3:10 . . . Bring all the tithes into the storehouse so there will be enough food in my Temple. If you do,? says the Lord Almighty, I will open the windows of heaven for you. I will pour out a blessing so great you wont have enough room to take it in! Try it! Let me prove it to you!
    Luke 6:38 . . . If you give, you will receive. Your gift will return to you in full measure, pressed down, shaken together to make room for more, and running over. Whatever measure you use in giving-large or small-it will be used to measure what is given back to you.

Praise Be Unto God,

Dear Reader:
    Not one word of your statements above has anything whatsoever with giving ten percent of one's salary to some man or some church.  You have not even a clue as to what "tithing is."  People don't "tithe" to their utility company, but they insist that they must "tithe" to pay the church utility bill. They have not a clue. You are not even qualified to have an opinion on this subject, as you do not know anything about the subject.
    Ray

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.053 seconds with 22 queries.