bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need Account Help?  Email bibletruths.forum@gmail.com   

Forgotten password reminders does not work. Contact the email above and state what you want your password changed to. (it must be at least 8 characters)

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Commentaries  (Read 3604 times)

lilitalienboi16

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
Commentaries
« on: May 27, 2014, 08:08:19 PM »

Anyone have any recommendations on e-sword commentaries? Also is there a link for a wyncliff bible translation that I can use with my Esword? I have the KJV, Concordant, rotherhams,  youngs etc... but it seems wyncliff might do me some good as well.

Thanks!
1 Cor 1:10 "Now I beseech you, brethren, by the name of our Lord Jesus Christ, that ye all speak the same thing, and that there be no divisions among you; but that ye be perfectly joined together in the same mind and in the same judgment."

Kat

Re: Commentaries
« Reply #1 on: May 27, 2014, 11:06:03 PM »

Hi Alex,

I have a variety for commentaries on E-Sword so that I can go through them and see if I might gleam any info from one of them on a subject. They are also a good source for Scripture cross references. I have Barnes, Clark, Gill, Henry, Hawker, JFB, K&D, TSK, Wesley and Popular.

For the Bibles Ray would refer to the American Standard (ASV) from time to time, I like the New King James (NKJV) as a easier read, but has mainly the same context of the regular King James, and a couple of other easier to read versions. Also I use the International Standard (ISV) some times.

The dictionaries are good to have on hand as well, BDB, Easton, Fausset, ISBE, Nave, Smith and don't forget Webster.

To me these are just basic tools to get historic and cultural info that can help in study, the cross references they can provide are most important though.

Hope that is helpful.
mercy, peace and love
Kat

lilitalienboi16

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
Re: Commentaries
« Reply #2 on: May 28, 2014, 01:18:50 AM »

Hi Alex,

I have a variety for commentaries on E-Sword so that I can go through them and see if I might gleam any info from one of them on a subject. They are also a good source for Scripture cross references. I have Barnes, Clark, Gill, Henry, Hawker, JFB, K&D, TSK, Wesley and Popular.

For the Bibles Ray would refer to the American Standard (ASV) from time to time, I like the New King James (NKJV) as a easier read, but has mainly the same context of the regular King James, and a couple of other easier to read versions. Also I use the International Standard (ISV) some times.

The dictionaries are good to have on hand as well, BDB, Easton, Fausset, ISBE, Nave, Smith and don't forget Webster.

To me these are just basic tools to get historic and cultural info that can help in study, the cross references they can provide are most important though.

Hope that is helpful.
mercy, peace and love
Kat

Right! Thank you kat for sharing. I'm going to try and download all these. Hopefully none are the ones you have to pay for! I'm sort of cheap at the moment xD

Definitely helps though!

Love,
Alex
1 Cor 1:10 "Now I beseech you, brethren, by the name of our Lord Jesus Christ, that ye all speak the same thing, and that there be no divisions among you; but that ye be perfectly joined together in the same mind and in the same judgment."
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.045 seconds with 22 queries.