bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Forum related how to's?  Post your questions to the membership.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Life after we are all in the image of God  (Read 4675 times)

cheekie3

Life after we are all in the image of God
« on: June 06, 2014, 06:26:59 AM »

All -

Are there any Scriptures that provide any insight on what our lives will be like when Our Heavenly Father completes His Work of Salvation and each one of us is in His image.

I assume we will be perfect like Jesus; including Satan, Angels and all of Humanity.

What will we actually do if the need for chastisement and correction has been completed.

Will we be creators of new things.

What will this Great Number of the Holy Family of God be doing.

Did Ray teach on this subject.

Regards, George.

Rene

• Administrator
  • Bible-Truths Forum Member
Re: Life after we are all in the image of God
« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2014, 11:18:04 AM »

Did Ray teach on this subject.

Hi George,

Here is an email reply where Ray made a comment pertaining to the next age:

http://forums.bible-truths.com/index.php?topic=2772.0

Dear Reader:
I don't know what you mean by "diversity" in heaven? When you say
"different persons," what are you asking?  Different from what or from
whom?  Yes, of course, everyone will live togehter as God's children
and God will be our Father.

It is difficult to explain the "spiritual" to physical and carnal-minded
people. God lives in a different "realm" from us. If we must use
physical analogies, I suppose we could say that we live in the physical
subject to death; whereas God lives in the spirit and never dies. We
live in a world of wickedness; whereas God lives in a world of
righteousness.  We live in darkness;  whereas God lives in light.
God's elect are making the transition and transformation from evil
to good; from physical to spiritual; for darkness to light.

God tells us absolutely nothing concerning our future spiritual lives
with Him. The Scriptures are silent on this aspect of God's plan. We
must accept on faith that all will be as great as God promises.
God be with you.

Ray

AwesomeSavior

« Reply #2 on: June 06, 2014, 04:30:14 PM »

There is an interesting section of Scripture concerning the Apostle Paul. It is found in 2nd Corinthians 12:1-5. If you read this section in various translations, it becomes more intriguing, but it doesn't say what we will be doing. This is how The Easy-to-Read version translates it:

"There is more that I have to say about myself. It won’t help, but I will talk now about visions and revelations from the Lord. I know a man in Christ who was taken up to the third heaven. This happened 14 years ago. I don’t know if the man was in his body or out of his body, but God knows. And I know that this man was taken up to paradise. I don’t know if he was in his body or away from his body, but he heard things that he is not able to explain. He heard things that no one is allowed to tell. 5 I will boast about a man like that, but I will not boast about myself. I will boast only about my weaknesses. But if I wanted to say more about myself, I would not be a fool, because I would be telling the truth. But I won’t say any more, because I don’t want people to think more of me than what they see me do or hear me say. But I must not be too proud of the wonderful things that were shown to me. So a painful problem was given to me—an angel from Satan, sent to make me suffer, so that I would not think that I am better than anyone else".

Sounds awesome, but our Father keeps the secret things to Himself.

Extol

« Reply #3 on: June 08, 2014, 09:56:40 AM »

Here is a bit from Ray's study "Time and Eternity" . . .

Now one of my favorite verses, because this verse says very little and yet it says a lot. We could meditate for some time on this.

Isa 9:6  For unto us a child is born, unto us a Son is given: and the government shall be upon His shoulder: and His name shall be called Wonderful, Counsellor, The mighty God, The everlasting (aonian) Father, The Prince of Peace.
v. 7  Of the increase of [His] government and peace [there shall be] no end…

Dr. Strong gives a very brief definition there, it just says that word mean increase. But he uses the English word so let’s see what the definition is, because this word is not contradictory like these time words are all contradicting.

American Heritage
Increase - to become greater or larger, to multiply, reproduce, to make greater or larger. The act or process of increasing. The amount or rate by which something is increased.
Synonyms: increase, expand, enlarge, extend, augment, multiply, these verbs to mean to make or become greater or larger, sometimes suggesting steady growth. To extend, to lengthen in space or time or to broaden in range.

All of these lengthen, multiply, increasing, growing when will that stop? J. Preston Eby, at the end of the eons and all these other turkeys, at the end of the eons when eternity takes over. What do the Scriptures say? Never. “No end.”

Now it would be nice if we had some twenty or thirty specifics about this, but we don’t.  But think about what it is saying, increase, maturing, growing, expanding, becoming bigger, larger, greater in quality, quantity. Isn’t that a marvelous teaching  All of these Christians reject it. We are going to be like Han Solo frozen in a block of metal, for all eternity. There will be no changing, nothing will happen. That’s what they said is the definition of eternity, nothing happens. Unbelievable!   

Let’s see what Webster has to say about that.
Increase - progressively greater as in size; to make greater, enlarge, augment, multiply; mean to make something greater, increased, used transitively implies progressive growth in size amount or intensity; addition or enlargement in size, extent or quantity; something that is added to an original stock; augmentation, growth, etc.

All of this growth and getting bigger and better and grander, when does it end? Never. We are told these things only happen in time and there will be no time. What a damnable doctrine. How marvelous is God’s word.

http://forums.bible-truths.com/index.php/topic,10538.0.html

lilitalienboi16

« Reply #4 on: June 08, 2014, 09:07:11 PM »

Great addition Jesse!
1 Cor 1:10 "Now I beseech you, brethren, by the name of our Lord Jesus Christ, that ye all speak the same thing, and that there be no divisions among you; but that ye be perfectly joined together in the same mind and in the same judgment."

Extol

« Reply #5 on: June 08, 2014, 11:55:11 PM »

8)

I have been thinking of this more often lately. . . how there will be no end to the increase. It's one of those things that is impossible to really grasp, and difficult to even imagine. But it is wonderful and beautiful nonetheless, and it makes the cares of this short life seem pretty puny.

Kat

« Reply #6 on: June 09, 2014, 12:43:35 AM »

Hi George,

When you think about that far up into the future there is little in the Scripture on it, that we know of. But I think about what God's ultimate purpose is... to bring all of the beings in this creation to where He is. So I think about that and right now we are kind of bogged down in this physical creation, but we are here in the physical temporarily to be made into His image and eventually move on to the spiritual realm when God is all in all.

Thinking about this physical universe and all it's diversity and intricacies, the many brilliant and amazing things that man has discovered about it and knowing there is so much more to it than we could ever really know about. But considering all of the grandness we have here and then to think that this creation appears to me, to be but one project of the Father's. So what else must there be in the endlessness of the Father's realm? I really have no idea, but I can contemplate that there is plenty enough to occupy all of us with wondrous things to do, whatever that might be and with so many others people to enjoy it with as well. I believe that's what God is preparing us for and wants to finally share with us all, whatever that glorious state consist of.

mercy, peace and love
Kat
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.046 seconds with 23 queries.