bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Forum related how to's?  Post your questions to the membership.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: I'm sick  (Read 4406 times)

Dennis Vogel

• Administrator
  • Bible-Truths Forum Member
I'm sick
« on: June 09, 2014, 04:10:59 AM »

It's 1:AM and I've been up sick since 10:PM. I'm running to the bathroom every five minutes and getting goofy from exhaustion.

Anyone who sees this in the middle of the night please pray for me.

I've said this before. When I get nauseous to the point of throwing up I go into shock and pass out. I'm not there yet but I am a little in shock.

Rhys 🕊

• 🕊
    • Facebook
Re: I'm sick
« Reply #1 on: June 09, 2014, 05:36:59 AM »

Praying for you Dennis

Hope you feel better soon and all is well

I passed on to Hayley too so you have 2 praying for you

Rhys
« Last Edit: June 09, 2014, 05:44:29 AM by Rhys »
🤫

cherokee

« Reply #2 on: June 09, 2014, 08:46:37 AM »

You are in my thoughts and prayers Dennis.

Blessings,
Suzie

virginiabm

« Reply #3 on: June 09, 2014, 09:50:47 AM »

You are in my prayers Brother. I hope you feel better real soon.

My our Heavenly Father smile down on you in the Name of Jesus.

Virginia Miller

microlink

« Reply #4 on: June 09, 2014, 12:05:20 PM »

Praying for you brother Dennis. 

Dennis Vogel

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: June 09, 2014, 12:50:28 PM »

Still sick - Bad night last night

Abednego

« Reply #6 on: June 09, 2014, 02:02:23 PM »

I don't always reply to every post I see like this, but I read all posts and do pray for all requests.

theophilus

« Reply #7 on: June 09, 2014, 04:23:39 PM »

Praying for you Dennis. Hang in there.

Dennis Vogel

• Administrator
« Reply #8 on: June 10, 2014, 09:51:54 AM »

Fever broke at 5:AM this morning and my pulse is dropping (was a constant 130).

I did pass out cold on the bathroom floor and when I awoke I was covered in vomit. Glad that's over.

AwesomeSavior

« Reply #9 on: June 10, 2014, 12:07:02 PM »

Dennis:

I always have a supply of Imodium AD tablets on hand for the bathroom as I have Crohn's Disease and I.B.S. I too have passed out from that, many times.

Dean

Dennis Vogel

• Administrator
« Reply #10 on: June 10, 2014, 12:33:47 PM »

Fortunately when I passed out I was laying on my side. I've always been concerned I'd be on my back and drown.

lilitalienboi16

« Reply #11 on: June 10, 2014, 01:58:20 PM »

Sorry dennis, I did not see this till the morning but I will keep you in my prayers brother!
1 Cor 1:10 "Now I beseech you, brethren, by the name of our Lord Jesus Christ, that ye all speak the same thing, and that there be no divisions among you; but that ye be perfectly joined together in the same mind and in the same judgment."

AwesomeSavior

« Reply #12 on: June 11, 2014, 08:17:42 AM »

Hi Dennis:

Hope you are feeling better.

I want to give you a few suggestions from someone who has been there, done that, and lives with it every day.

1) I always have a few extra Pedialytes on hand for diarrhea and vomiting. They are designed for children, but anyone can drink them. I am partial to the Grape flavor. They go down real easy, and replace all the electrolytes your body loses during dehydration, of which I am always in danger. I have to drink one every morning, but that is just me with all my issues. They are a little pricey, around $4.50 per bottle, but who cares when you're sick. As my brother says, "It's only money". I would recommend having a few in the pantry, for the next time this happens.

2) I am on a very bland diet. I don't eat anything spicy or rough. Again, this is me, but the older we get, the less our bodies are able to handle the things we once used to be able to handle, as my 83 year old father has now discovered.

3) Every Fall, I get a flu shot. I also have received a one time pneumonia shot. I have been getting the flu vaccine every year for the last 20 years, and it has proven very effective, Lord willing.

All of these drinks, special foods, and drugs are an incredible blessing from the Lord, and I highly recommend them, from someone who lives with this evil every day of my life.

God Bless.

Dean

PS: I forgot to add that I take a sublingual (under the tongue) Vitamin B-12, B-6, and Folic Acid tablet at least once per week. When I start to feel run down, I pop one of these. Takes about 20 minutes to dissolve. If you're interested, I can PM with the website. Take care.
« Last Edit: June 11, 2014, 08:27:35 AM by AwesomeSavior »

Dennis Vogel

• Administrator
« Reply #13 on: June 11, 2014, 11:04:53 AM »

Jas 5:16  Confess your faults one to another, and pray one for another, that ye may be healed. The effectual fervent prayer of a righteous man availeth much.

Thank you everyone for your prayers and advice. I'm still a little sick but I finally feel like eating a little something. And I got a little sleep last night. So I hope the worst is over.

I'm still weak as a kitten. My body feels like it weighs 500 lbs. Little things like a glass of water seem to weigh 10 x more.

I'm most grateful for being able to sleep.

lilitalienboi16

« Reply #14 on: June 12, 2014, 02:50:35 PM »

Jas 5:16  Confess your faults one to another, and pray one for another, that ye may be healed. The effectual fervent prayer of a righteous man availeth much.

Thank you everyone for your prayers and advice. I'm still a little sick but I finally feel like eating a little something. And I got a little sleep last night. So I hope the worst is over.

I'm still weak as a kitten. My body feels like it weighs 500 lbs. Little things like a glass of water seem to weigh 10 x more.

I'm most grateful for being able to sleep.

Will continue to pray.
1 Cor 1:10 "Now I beseech you, brethren, by the name of our Lord Jesus Christ, that ye all speak the same thing, and that there be no divisions among you; but that ye be perfectly joined together in the same mind and in the same judgment."

Joel

« Reply #15 on: June 15, 2014, 01:14:14 PM »

Hope your are doing well Dennis, I had a touch of something nasty myself, but I am thankful to be feeling much better now.

Joel
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.046 seconds with 20 queries.