bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need Account Help?  Email bibletruths.forum@gmail.com   

Forgotten password reminders does not work. Contact the email above and state what you want your password changed to. (it must be at least 8 characters)

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Chosen  (Read 4278 times)

jojoross

Chosen
« on: June 10, 2014, 06:24:24 PM »

Hey everybody,

So I know many are called and few are chosen.  I am just wondering if the ones that are chosen, did God know that we would be able (persevere) to be sons/daughters of God?  Or did He just make the chosen this way?  I know all is of God.  I know everything is according to His will.  I guess I am trying to use my carnal mind on this.  God made some for vessels of destruction and other vessels for mercy in this age?  No mortal can take credit for what we go through to be sons/daughters of God right?

Gods Peace,
Jordan

Dave in Tenn

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
    • FaceBook David Sanderson
Re: Chosen
« Reply #1 on: June 10, 2014, 11:28:29 PM »

Here's what Paul said--sorry, I only have the KJV at the moment:

Rom 8:28  And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to his purpose.
Rom 8:29  For whom he did foreknow, he also did predestinate to be conformed to the image of his Son, that he might be the firstborn among many brethren.
Rom 8:30  Moreover whom he did predestinate, them he also called: and whom he called, them he also justified: and whom he justified, them he also glorified.
Rom 8:31  What shall we then say to these things? If God be for us, who can be against us?

You asked:  "...did God know that we would be able (persevere) to be sons/daughters of God?  Or did He just make the chosen this way?"  Clearly He KNOWS and KNEW, but I'd rephrase your question to say that He IS MAKING those who are "enduring to the end" to endure to the end, just as He MADE those before us who endured to the end to do so.  It is "HE Who is working in us both to will and to do His good pleasure".  So NO, no mortal can take credit for what we go through in being conformed to His image...but we will be conformed to His image and go through that transformation.  The question is not 'whether or not', but 'when'.   
Heb 10:32  But you must continue to remember those earlier days, how after you were enlightened you endured a hard and painful struggle.

jojoross

« Reply #2 on: June 11, 2014, 05:43:07 PM »

Ahh that clears up my question!!!! Thank you Dave in Tenn!!!

Rene

• Administrator
  • Bible-Truths Forum Member
« Reply #3 on: June 12, 2014, 12:27:05 PM »

So I know many are called and few are chosen.  I am just wondering if the ones that are chosen, did God know that we would be able (persevere) to be sons/daughters of God? 

Hi Jordan,

In harmony with the scriptures Dave posted, here is another marvelous scriptural witness to the assurance of God's Elect persevering to become children of God according to His will:

Ephesians 1:3-5 - "Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, who has blessed us in Christ with every spiritual blessing in the heavenly places, even as He chose us in Him before the foundation of the world, that we should be holy and blameless before Him. In love He predestined us for adoption as sons through Jesus Christ, according to the purpose of His will" (ESV)

René

jojoross

« Reply #4 on: June 13, 2014, 08:32:49 PM »

Thanks Rene!  I am still trying to let the Spirit work in me to grasp that God is in CONTROL of EVERYTHING.  I am still trying to purge the "free" will sin out of me...its tough! 
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.108 seconds with 23 queries.