bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Forum related how to's?  Post your questions to the membership.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: A wonderful truth  (Read 6662 times)

Rhys 🕊

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
  • 🕊
    • Facebook
A wonderful truth
« on: June 14, 2014, 08:34:01 PM »

From: http://forums.bible-truths.com/index.php/topic,6142.0.html

Listened to this audio yesterday. It's a wonderful passage that brings understanding of why the church is the way it is and why they don't have a clue. So much confusion in the churches and I can see why I don't wish to go back there and only to sit in the same confusion again. No question here just sharing a passage that deeply speaks to me. I'm glad to know what I do now and look forward to knowing more

UNDERSTANDING THE BOOK

If we don’t understand that God never intended for the masses of humanity to understand this Bible, then we won’t understand this book. This is not a book written to be understood. Human intellect will not allow you to understand this book. You can learn a lot about it, where and how it was written, the culture, the history and you can memorize it. 
You can be like Jack Van Impe and I don’t know he says he’s memorized 25,000 verses or whatever. But he has not a clue as to what the gospel is, not a clue. I don’t mean to pick on people. James Kennedy speaks Greek and Hebrew fluently and has not a clue as to what the gospel is. I’m serious, not a clue. You say, ‘oh well he doesn’t have it quite down yet.’ No, not a clue, he has not a clue. 

If you think God is going to torture most of humanity for all eternity, then you have not a clue as to what the gospel is… you have not a clue as to what Jesus Christ is… you have not a clue as to what God the Father is. Not a clue. You can not say in the same breath that God is love and God tortures most of humanity for all of eternity. You can’t say that!  That is as opposite as God and Satan, to say that.  Yet this is fundamental Christianity... God is love… God will torture most of humanity in real fire for all eternity. It’s insane! If you can’t see that that is insane, if you just sit there and say, ‘well I don’t know Ray, it makes sense to me.’ Then you will never understand this book. You just will never understand this book. 

This book was written so that nobody could understand it, until God picks somebody out and says I want you to understand this book and I’ll show you how to understand it. That’s the only way. He’s got to pick you out and open up your mind or you will never understand this book.  This book is written in all kinds of symbolism, figurative language, types, figures, images, examples, analogies, parables, metaphors and people think all those things are literal. That is confusion. That’s why the church is confused. That’s why there are supposedly 3000 Christian denominations in the world, because they don’t understand any of this stuff.

Jesus Christ said to His Apostles, to you it is given to understand, but to them it is not given to understand.

Mark 4:11  And he said unto them, Unto you is given the mystery of the kingdom of God: but unto them that are without, all things are done in parables:
Mar 4:12  that seeing they may see, and not perceive; and hearing they may hear, and not understand;

To you it is given, to them it’s not given. There’s you and there’s them and that’s just the way it is and the way it will be until the close of the age.

They are talking about worldwide revival. Rod Parsley was saying at the rate they are converting people, 250,000 a day, that in 12-14 more years the whole world will be Christianized, in just a matter of not too many years.  But Christ says when He returns will He find faith? Well that‘s all He’ll find is faith, everywhere, in every human being. NO! No, He asks the question because He won‘t find faith. There is not faith among millions, no, billions, we have to say billions now, there are 2 billion professing Christians.

Rhys
🤫

indianabob

Re: A wonderful truth
« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2014, 02:19:01 AM »

Friend Rhys,

It is such a grand miracle. To be tutored personally by the Great God of all Creation through his first born son the Lord Jesus. What a privilege. Nothing else in the universe is such a grand experience and it is given to such simple people; that no flesh should glory [1 Cor 1:29]

Extol

« Reply #2 on: June 15, 2014, 12:04:37 PM »

It's a great comfort knowing that God is in control, isn't it?

Any time we are inclined to feel depressed about our family members not listening to us, or mocking our beliefs, or society becoming more and more secular. . . just remember these words from Ray. God knows exactly what He is doing.  8)

theophilus

« Reply #3 on: June 17, 2014, 02:27:14 PM »

Any time we are inclined to feel depressed about our family members not listening to us, or mocking our beliefs, or society becoming more and more secular. . . just remember these words from Ray. God knows exactly what He is doing.  8)

Dear Extol, I really have to try to keep these words to heart, that God knows exactly what He's doing. Lately, I have been waging a battle in my mind/heart. Injustice is being done to me and others. And God doesn't move a finger. (As far as my eye can see) I sometimes think about the atheists' claim that 'turning the other cheek' is a way for those in authority and power to manipulate the minds of men and subjugate them. That to do this makes one weak, and thus a sure target for abuse.

I lose my temper; I utter profanities; I breathe murder. The very worst of me comes out! And I know that God Almighty is witnessing my behavior. To be like Christ! I simply cannot be! I cringe to think what I could be capable of. I have ruled out the possibility of being counted worthy to be in the first resurrection. How can I be when I react like this?

Why should I even keep trying when I already know the end result? I'm hopeless.

indianabob

« Reply #4 on: June 17, 2014, 02:39:51 PM »

Theophilus,

The injustices you suffer from are small compared to those suffered by our Lord.

If we take your concerns seriously what are the only options available?

1. You are OF the chosen or you are not!
If you are OF the chosen then God will finish His work in you in this life.

2. You are NOT of the chosen and will receive your judgment in the resurrection age.
If true then God will do His work in you through His beloved son Lord Jesus and the body of Christ at that time.

Either way your success is guaranteed!

The difference is only one of timing and all you need be concerned about now is having patience and enduring until the end of your present life. Simply practice forgiveness each day to best of your ability according to the gift God has provided.

We all will have the answer soon enough!

Indiana Bob

John from Kentucky

« Reply #5 on: June 17, 2014, 03:05:21 PM »

Dear Extol, I really have to try to keep these words to heart, that God knows exactly what He's doing. Lately, I have been waging a battle in my mind/heart. Injustice is being done to me and others. And God doesn't move a finger. (As far as my eye can see) I sometimes think about the atheists' claim that 'turning the other cheek' is a way for those in authority and power to manipulate the minds of men and subjugate them. That to do this makes one weak, and thus a sure target for abuse.

I lose my temper; I utter profanities; I breathe murder. The very worst of me comes out! And I know that God Almighty is witnessing my behavior. To be like Christ! I simply cannot be! I cringe to think what I could be capable of. I have ruled out the possibility of being counted worthy to be in the first resurrection. How can I be when I react like this?

You sound like a human.  Welcome to the planet Earth. 

Jesus is Savior.  Being both Creator and Savior--that is His job.  He is very good at it.  Jesus will get you through everything.  No need to worry.  It is a done deal.

Kat

« Reply #6 on: June 17, 2014, 06:28:36 PM »

Lately, I have been waging a battle in my mind/heart. Injustice is being done to me and others. And God doesn't move a finger. (As far as my eye can see) I sometimes think about the atheists' claim that 'turning the other cheek' is a way for those in authority and power to manipulate the minds of men and subjugate them. That to do this makes one weak, and thus a sure target for abuse.

Hi theophilus,

Just because you are unaware of what God is doing does not mean He's not working something in you and others as well through the things that happen. We all have to go through the trials and tribulations of life and it is always for us to learn from it, but yes we will all need to reach a point of seeing ourselves as hopeless sinners. We are in a process of learning that 'we' cannot overcome these weaknesses of the flesh, it really takes time for us to change over from 'our' trying to fix things, to learning to trust God to do so in us. Our getting angry, shows we do not trust Him, but feel He has not done what we think He should have... we have to get over thinking we know best.

You can't expect a quick fix for these sins that have become habitual and engrained into a thinking, words and actions. Just hating these weaknesses that manifest in us, is the first step. If you continue to hate them enough and don't just give up, you should reach a point when you will actually began to catch yourself before doing/saying/thinking some of these things. This is a progression of recognizing these weakness of the flesh and slowly removing them one at a time, over time.

I really feel that we have to come to the very same place as Paul did and realize that we too are the worse of sinners.

1Ti 1:15  This is a faithful saying and worthy of all acceptance, that Christ Jesus came into the world to save sinners, of whom I am chief.

I really believe that God will bring us all to realize and see that the sins in our own life would rank us right there with Paul as chief among sinners. And I feel it is a necessary part of the process, we have to see ourselves as being as lowly as any other human being before we would ever be able to rule over them with Christ in the next age.

The first resurrection is the greatest possible hope in this life, yes it is only God who determines who will be in it. But we can have evidence of that hope, if it is given to us to strive and never give up on the hope to be there.

Luke 13:24  "Strive to enter through the narrow gate, for many, I say to you, will seek to enter and will not be able.

Php 2:12  Therefore, my beloved, as you have always obeyed, not as in my presence only, but now much more in my absence, work out your own salvation with fear and trembling;
v. 13  for it is God who works in you both to will and to do for His good pleasure.

mercy, peace and love
Kat

theophilus

« Reply #7 on: June 18, 2014, 01:45:10 PM »

Theophilus,

The injustices you suffer from are small compared to those suffered by our Lord.

If we take your concerns seriously what are the only options available?

1. You are OF the chosen or you are not!
If you are OF the chosen then God will finish His work in you in this life.

2. You are NOT of the chosen and will receive your judgment in the resurrection age.
If true then God will do His work in you through His beloved son Lord Jesus and the body of Christ at that time.

Either way your success is guaranteed!

The difference is only one of timing and all you need be concerned about now is having patience and enduring until the end of your present life. Simply practice forgiveness each day to best of your ability according to the gift God has provided.

We all will have the answer soon enough!

Indiana Bob

Hello Indiana Bob, no doubt my sufferings do not compare to those of our Lord and Savior; not even to those of other people. But, they are my sufferings and the ones that affect me directly. They are the ones that I'm living.

You know, I've always thought that an overcomer doesn't fail, that he's always victorious. I fail all the time; I come short of God's law. I suppose if I endure to the end, I just might be considered an overcomer.

I like the phrase "Either way, your success is guaranteed!" :)

I need patience! Lots of it! But one doesn't GET patience. Once learns it, right? Oh brother!  ;D

Thank you for your words.
« Last Edit: June 18, 2014, 01:47:49 PM by theophilus »

theophilus

« Reply #8 on: June 18, 2014, 02:13:05 PM »

Hello Kat,

I had actually stopped using foul language years ago. Now I see that my livelihood is being directly threatened by this bitter individual, and it's getting to me. I got bills to pay, child support, etc, etc. This guy is evil; he gets off on doing us harm. This guy has been lucky that no one has snapped and done something about it.

If tonight that I go back to work (I was off last night), I don't manage to do at least a 106%, I will not be able to meet my production for the whole week. This means this would be my last week being employed. Can you see how stressful this is for me? If I lose my job, it would be because of him. And what about him? He'd still have a job, thank you very much!

You mentioned trust in God. Trust is what I see I also need to exercise. To be godly is the hardest thing to do on this planet! Thank you for your advice.

P.S.: Patience + trust + no worrying
« Last Edit: June 18, 2014, 02:15:15 PM by theophilus »

cjwood

« Reply #9 on: June 18, 2014, 10:46:03 PM »

... To be godly is the hardest thing to do on this planet!

one of the truest statements i have heard one make.  at least for me.   i constantly have to remind myself that i can do all things through Christ Jesus who strengthens me.  He is our intercessor.  in all things.  hang in there theo p. 

claudia
« Last Edit: June 18, 2014, 10:48:47 PM by cjwood »

AwesomeSavior

« Reply #10 on: June 19, 2014, 06:24:03 PM »

Theo:

I went through a similar situation at my workplace, but it was my BOSS who was causing all the trouble. One day the thought occurred to me to resign and move onward, and so I did, but that was what God had in store for me. I do sympathize with you in dealing with these evil people, though. I will pray for your situation.

theophilus

« Reply #11 on: June 20, 2014, 02:59:47 PM »

Thank you for your prayers AwesomeSavior!

I have started looking at other jobs. I have been praying for a new job. Maybe the Lord is nudging me out of this job to get me into another, but I have been clinging to this one forgetting about my own request to Him. I'm dumb!

I heard the rumor that management wants each selector to pull 2000 cases per night. I have been consistently pulling around 1500 + cases a night. And even the hairs on my head are hurting! ROFL! I take ibuprofen 800 mg before I start working for relief. I usually take this pain med to alleviate the pain caused by shrapnels in my neck. At 47 years old, I think I am reaching my limits.

On Wednesday, the Lord God pushed me to finish the night at 114%! Praise His Name! Tonight I finished at 100%. Doing good! One more night and I'll be home free since next week it's my first week of vacation! Thank God! I've been waiting for it from the first of this year. Can you say Knott's Berry Farm???!!! ;)

theophilus

« Reply #12 on: June 20, 2014, 03:06:57 PM »

... To be godly is the hardest thing to do on this planet!

one of the truest statements i have heard one make.  at least for me.   i constantly have to remind myself that i can do all things through Christ Jesus who strengthens me.  He is our intercessor.  in all things.  hang in there theo p. 

claudia

Hello Claudia, you know we all DESIRE to follow our Father's will. Now, putting that desire into action takes a lot of dying to the flesh. And this darn flesh will not go down without a fight! We shall die a little each day as the Lord fulfills His will in us.

My main problem is that I feel awfully bad when I fail. I feel I disappoint the Lord every time. This feeling kills me. I will keep enduring as God wills me. Thank you. :)

AwesomeSavior

« Reply #13 on: June 20, 2014, 07:24:24 PM »

Theo:

I like how Daniel 7:7 describes this battle that we're facing:

"After this I saw in the night visions, and behold a fourth beast, DREADFUL and TERRIBLE, and STRONG exceedingly; and it had great iron teeth: it devoured and brake in pieces, and stamped the residue with the feet of it: and it was diverse from all the beasts that were before it; and it had ten horns". (Emphasis mine)

I just went through a major failing the other day, and those same feelings of intense disappointment cropped up. Satan plays a part in this as well, as he is described as the "accuser of the brethren" (Revelation 12:10 and Job 2:4-5), which is why we have to spiritually "put on the whole armor of God to stand against the schemes of the devil" (Ephesians 6:11).

I am comforted by the fact that God forgives us seventy times seven, as Jesus told Peter how often to forgive others (Matthew 18:22), and that "Love never fails" (1 Corinthians 13:8.) God IS love, therefore God NEVER fails. The Lord says to comfort others through Him "Who comforteth us in all our tribulation, that we may be able to comfort them which are in any trouble, by the comfort wherewith we ourselves are comforted of God". (2 Corinthians 1:4) Four mentions of the word "comfort" in one sentence!   :)

God Bless.

lilitalienboi16

« Reply #14 on: September 13, 2014, 04:48:43 PM »

Amen Jesse!!!
1 Cor 1:10 "Now I beseech you, brethren, by the name of our Lord Jesus Christ, that ye all speak the same thing, and that there be no divisions among you; but that ye be perfectly joined together in the same mind and in the same judgment."

rick

« Reply #15 on: September 13, 2014, 09:25:06 PM »

Hello Theophlius,

It’s totally impossible for anyone to be like Christ, we are made in vanity, we are spiritually to weak to do the right thing 24/7/365 days a year.

What is not possible for man is possible for God, I can relate to what you say, the slip of the tongue, breeding murder inwardly, lashing out at people, these things happen from time to time.

But it’s these very things that cause me to learn forgiveness also. It allows me to see who and what I am. I realize I am capable of anything.

When I do good its because of God and when I do evil its because of my weakness and inability to do good without God. Whatever I do I did because it was God’s intention for me through thousands of circumstances that came prior of choosing to do what I do....every choice is a caused choice.

God causes every effect which affects our lives for His good pleasure and purpose according to His council not ours.

Hang in my friend for this life is difficult, frustrating and painful. The only good news I have for you is its all for a grand purpose where God has everyone’s best interest at heart even tho it don’t always seem that way.   :)
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.047 seconds with 22 queries.