bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Forum related how to's?  Post your questions to the membership.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: God answer prayers!  (Read 3980 times)

Mike Gagne

God answer prayers!
« on: June 22, 2014, 03:33:48 PM »

I prayed a few times to God to show me if it is me making choices or Him in me making choices! I was at the point where it was Him making all my choices and I was just along for the ride, but that just didn't seem right, so I prayed God please show me who's making the choices?  Well he got me on this website and there was a posting,( it's scientific,we have no free will) , and I got reading that post and just couldn't see what they were saying, got a little mad and said I would not come back to this website, lol went to bed with the thoughts, that's it I will not go back on that site! Got up in the morning and the first thoughts to my head was go back on that's site and see what their saying and in doing so I reread the posting a couple of times and God started to open my eyes to the truth of what everyone was saying, God just answered my prayer!  Thank you all in that posting for your patience and understanding . Thank God for his righteous judgements and answered prayer!  :D R P J

lilitalienboi16

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
Re: God answer prayers!
« Reply #1 on: June 22, 2014, 04:17:05 PM »

I prayed a few times to God to show me if it is me making choices or Him in me making choices! I was at the point where it was Him making all my choices and I was just along for the ride, but that just didn't seem right, so I prayed God please show me who's making the choices?  Well he got me on this website and there was a posting,( it's scientific,we have no free will) , and I got reading that post and just couldn't see what they were saying, got a little mad and said I would not come back to this website, lol went to bed with the thoughts, that's it I will not go back on that site! Got up in the morning and the first thoughts to my head was go back on that's site and see what their saying and in doing so I reread the posting a couple of times and God started to open my eyes to the truth of what everyone was saying, God just answered my prayer!  Thank you all in that posting for your patience and understanding . Thank God for his righteous judgements and answered prayer!  :D R P J

Mike I am very happy for you. I felt it relevent to share this verse of scripture which I borrowed from Ray's page on prayer.

SEVEN SCRIPTURAL PRINCIPLES GOVERNING PRAYER

[1] "And this is the confidence that we have in Him, that, if we ask anything according to His will, [everything in heaven and earth must be in accord with God’s will {His purpose and plan, Eph. 1:11} or it won’t happen] He hears us: And if we know that He hear us, whatsoever we ask, we know that we have the petitions that we desired of Him" (I John 5:14-15).

[2] "Beloved, if our heart condemn us not, [I cannot stress enough the importance of a clean and clear conscience] then have we confidence toward God. And whatsoever we ask, we receive of Him, because we…

[3] keep His commandments, and do those things that are pleasing in His sight…

[4] And this is His commandment, That we should believe on the Name [and everything that that Name stands for and represents] of His Son Jesus Christ…

[5] And love one another, as He gave us commandment" (I John 3:21-23).

[6] "Ye ask, and receive not, because ye ask amiss, that ye may consume it upon your lusts [so don’t think that it’s okay to pray for your Mother to hit the Lotto Jackpot either, as I believe that God can see through such feigned benevolence]" (James 4:3).

[7] "And all things, whatsoever ye shall ask in prayer, believing [Having faith and trust, not just hoping and wishing. True faith can be based only on God’s Word—see James 1:6-7] ye shall receive" (Matt. 21:22).

http://bible-truths.com/praying.htm

God is always listening and if we pray by His rules, He will always answer our prayers. He is faithful.

"Now similarly, the spirit also is aiding our infirmity, for what we should be praying for, to accord with what must be, we are not aware, but the spirit itself is pleading for us with inarticulate groanings. Now He Who is searching the hearts is aware what is the disposition of the spirit, for in accord with God [with God’s will] is it pleading for the saints. Now we are aware that God [KJV leaves out "God"] is working all together for the good [things don’t "work together for good" by themselves—ALL good comes from God—James 1:17] of those who are loving God…"

2 Thess 3:1-3 "Finally, brethren, pray for us, that the word of the Lord may have free course, and be glorified, even as it is with you: And that we may be delivered from unreasonable and wicked men: for all men have not faith. But the Lord is faithful, who shall establish you, and keep you from evil.

1 Thessalonians 5:21-25" Prove all things; hold fast that which is good. Abstain from all appearance of evil. And the very God of peace sanctify you wholly; and I pray God your whole spirit and soul and body be preserved blameless unto the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ. Faithful is he that calleth you, who also will do it. Brethren, pray for us."

God bless,
Alex
1 Cor 1:10 "Now I beseech you, brethren, by the name of our Lord Jesus Christ, that ye all speak the same thing, and that there be no divisions among you; but that ye be perfectly joined together in the same mind and in the same judgment."

friendofJC

• Facebook
« Reply #2 on: June 22, 2014, 04:39:30 PM »

Praise God!  Mike, so glad you didn't leave the forum.  May you continue to grow in his unfailing love and grace.

Dave in Tenn

• FaceBook David Sanderson
« Reply #3 on: June 23, 2014, 03:24:22 AM »

Hey, it ain't easy on the other side either, Mike.   :D  At our best, nothing we believe or talk about fits on a bumper-sticker.  It's not a doctrinal position or pseudo-spiritual mumbo-jumbo.  It affects everything we think about (especially when we think about it) and because of that, impacts everything we do--and no two of us are the same.  Hang in there.

Just so you know, I've gone to bed pouty and mad dozens of times.   ;D   You're going to be OK.
Heb 10:32  But you must continue to remember those earlier days, how after you were enlightened you endured a hard and painful struggle.

Rhys 🕊

• 🕊
    • Facebook
« Reply #4 on: June 23, 2014, 03:45:39 AM »

Just so you know, I've gone to bed pouty and mad dozens of times.   ;D   You're going to be OK.

Not hard to believe with people like me on the forum......hahahaha  :D

Rhys  :P
🤫

lilitalienboi16

« Reply #5 on: June 23, 2014, 02:10:43 PM »

Not hard to believe with people like me on the forum......hahahaha  :D

Rhys  :P

/shakes-fist ;)
1 Cor 1:10 "Now I beseech you, brethren, by the name of our Lord Jesus Christ, that ye all speak the same thing, and that there be no divisions among you; but that ye be perfectly joined together in the same mind and in the same judgment."

Mike Gagne

« Reply #6 on: June 23, 2014, 10:25:12 PM »

Thank you! You Guys are Awesome!  :)
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.058 seconds with 22 queries.