bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need Account Help?  Email bibletruths.forum@gmail.com   

Forgotten password reminders does not work. Contact the email above and state what you want your password changed to. (it must be at least 8 characters)

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Jesus  (Read 14065 times)

MG

Re: Jesus
« Reply #20 on: August 07, 2006, 05:25:08 PM »

Thank you Alex. :)

ned

« Reply #21 on: August 07, 2006, 05:29:27 PM »

I remember when I was first "called"....I was reading Genesis, and when I got to these two verses in particular:

Gen 1:26  "And God said, Let us make man in our image, after our likeness: and let them have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air..."

Gen 3:22  "And the LORD God said, Behold the man is become as one of us, to know good and evil......."

I was thinking: WHO IS US?  I thought it was God alone who created everything....I pondered and wondered about that until one day I was reading the book of John:

Joh 1:1-3  In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. The same was in the beginning with God. All things were made by Him and without Him was not any thing made that was made."

I remember thanking God for His revelation (to me this was big stuff, because I wondered so hard on who the "US" was). It became as clear as the blue sky that Jesus always was with God.  Nothing was created without Jesus. God created it all through His son, so He must have been before Gen 1.

Still learning with you MG,
Marie

MG

« Reply #22 on: August 08, 2006, 04:38:28 AM »

I think I've been able to put some of the details together.

Christ came out of God before all creation and shared God the Father's spirit. They were different from each other, but shared one spirit.They are one by sharing one spirit. We receive Christ's Spirit, which is also God the Father's Spirit so Christ is in us and God the Father is in Christ. I'm not sure yet how we are in Christ. (John 14:20 At that day ye shall know that I am in my Father, and ye in me, and I in you.)

We receive Christ (The Comforter, Spirit of Truth) by way of God's Holy Spirit. (John 14:23 Jesus answered and said unto him, If a man love me, he will keep my words: and my Father will love him, and we will come unto him, and make our abode with him.)

Romans 8:9 But ye are not in the flesh, but in the Spirit, if so be that the Spirit of God dwell in you. Now if any man have not the Spirit of Christ, he is none of his.

Does that sound right?

What happens to our spirit when we receive the Holy Spirit? If our spirit becomes one with the Holy Spirit that would explain how we are in Christ.

« Last Edit: August 08, 2006, 04:44:47 AM by MG »

hillsbororiver

« Reply #23 on: August 08, 2006, 08:39:45 AM »

someone said Jesus, the WORD wasn't created... thats not true.

Revalations declares he was the BEGINNING of GODS CREATION. He was the FIRSTBORN OF EVERY CREATURE.

Revelation 3:14 <b>And unto the angel of the church of the Laodiceans write; These things saith the Amen, the faithful and true witness, the <u>beginning of THE CREATION of God;</u></b>"

The faithful and true witness the AMEN is CHRIST JESUS THE WORD.

God bless,

Alex

Hi Alex,

Good to see you back, we missed you.

Joe

ciy

« Reply #24 on: August 08, 2006, 10:10:05 AM »

Christ is a quickening spirit.  He is a quickening spirit always has been and always will be.  At least that what I believe it means when the bible says he is the same yesterday, today, and forever.  Whatever he was at any given point in time he is today. 

Is this not true? 

CIY 

lilitalienboi16

« Reply #25 on: August 08, 2006, 04:54:20 PM »

someone said Jesus, the WORD wasn't created... thats not true.

Revalations declares he was the BEGINNING of GODS CREATION. He was the FIRSTBORN OF EVERY CREATURE.

Revelation 3:14 <b>And unto the angel of the church of the Laodiceans write; These things saith the Amen, the faithful and true witness, the <u>beginning of THE CREATION of God;</u></b>"

The faithful and true witness the AMEN is CHRIST JESUS THE WORD.

God bless,

Alex

Hi Alex,

Good to see you back, we missed you.

Joe

Oh hehe, it's nice to know i was missed ;)

Yes ive been struggling my friend, i'm fighting but... the Lord needs to break this flesh down as it stands now i cannot win this. I wait upon the Lord.

IN my patience possess i my soul right?

That is what i am doing.. waiting for the flame to be kindled so it can never be put out again.

I'm still here though, trying to learn. ITs hard.

I am wandering the desert aimlessly looking for some water but finding none :(

I wait and pray.

God bless,

Alex
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up

Page created in 0.041 seconds with 20 queries.