bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need Account Help?  Email bibletruths.forum@gmail.com   

Forgotten password reminders does not work. Contact the email above and state what you want your password changed to. (it must be at least 8 characters)

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: The good Art of Giving.  (Read 8997 times)

Rhys 🕊

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
  • 🕊
    • Facebook
Re: The good Art of Giving.
« Reply #20 on: June 24, 2014, 12:51:54 AM »

praise God from whom all blesssing come,  love this subject.  how can we know the intent of the heart?  am pretty much a giver i would rather be wrong and give than to not give.....  it makes me happy inside.  don't think a lot about it. I can't tell you how it feels inside to help another out.  I pray and ask God to send people to help and He does.  When my husband passes on am going to give away almost everything i have and live very simply i can't stand all this stuff that was so needed when the children were young.  I hope to find a young poor family to give it to i know they will have problems, doesn't everyone? I just want to give to someone else because when i was young until i was in my early 30's we had nothing and trying to raise 3 children ( that was my first husband) I grew up very poor too and all around, in the Christian world too, people had nice things that i did not have.  This really hurt me i would say God what is wrong with me why do they get nice things and not my family.  Now i understand and really appreciate  what i have but i don't need nice things anymore i need simplicity and to do the will of the Father. that is all so i hope the Lord will send someone my way to help, like He help me a little and to let them know God really does love them.  its just a beginning sometimes.  The word says " don't throw your pearls before the swine nature"  so pray is so important in giving but things of the world items, money, they are just the world system. God has always meant my needs and show me through poverty His divine will.  I have so many beautiful stories of this as those 3 poor children grew.  Giving isn't always for the receiver as much as the giver.  our poverty is more spiritual than physical in this country.  Its amazing when you come to know Jesus Christ how so many things change. What is rich what is poor?

A lovely post and very encouraging, thanks for giving it

Rhys
🤫

acomplishedartis

« Reply #21 on: June 24, 2014, 12:58:33 AM »

our poverty is more spiritual than physical in this country. 

I agree, and not only on this country but the rest of the world.

People can live very frugal, and give a lot to homeless and still have a very weak heart and very big egos that doesn't please God. (I have seen it with my own eyes.)

Also People can live very comfortable and not give so much to homeless and posses not a very weak heart and not a very big ego.

It all depends on Gods plan for you, and the intentions of your heart, not how much or less you give to the poor or how good you feel about it. Personally I enjoy living frugally (not so extremely) and somehow I try hard to keep my self humble. Lately on this last years of my life, I have experience a lot of contrasting lifestyles by seasons. One moth you are almost homeless in a foreign land and another day you start to live very comfy for a season. Sometimes it helps me to amplify perspective.

« Last Edit: June 26, 2014, 12:34:45 AM by Moises G. »

indianabob

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
« Reply #22 on: June 24, 2014, 10:05:54 PM »

Phil 4:12
I know both how to be abased, and I know how to abound: every where and in all things I am instructed both to be full and to be hungry, both to abound and to suffer need.

I can do all things through Christ which strengthens me

acomplishedartis

« Reply #23 on: June 26, 2014, 12:36:14 AM »

Phil 4:12
I know both how to be abased, and I know how to abound: every where and in all things I am instructed both to be full and to be hungry, both to abound and to suffer need.

I can do all things through Christ which strengthens me

that is one of my favorites. Still working on, on it.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up

Page created in 0.046 seconds with 23 queries.